Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Carlisle United (A) League 1 Saturday 1/5/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
Lilsnappa
UTS Veteran

Re: Carlisle United (A) League 1 Saturday 1/5/10.

Sat May 01, 2010 4:05 pm

Not a bad result for us, long way for those who made it though! Good luck on the trek home one and all!

cumbria-saddler
Glitterati

Sat May 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Just got back. t'was Bladdy freezing.

I'd say 1-1 was a fair result. Neither team were great, but it wasnt the worst ive seen us play this season.

Good to see quite a lot of Saddlers making the long trip, more than I expected there to be.

Gilmartin - dont remember him (or the carlisle keeper) making a save. His kicking was a little dodgy though.
Weston - Ok, a few good challenges
Smith - looked slightly unconfortable at times, but managed.
Mcdonald - Did well in the first half. I assume he must have been injured in the first half.
Vincent - made a few mistakes, nearly hit the ball past gilmartin in the first half.
Jones - Ok
Taundry & Richards - Did OK together.
Gray - OK
Deeney - Did nothing wrong. Made some good runs when others should have passed to him but didnt.
Byfield - Did well, took his goal well.
Hughes - Did nothing wrong.
Till - Not enough time do to anything really.

UP THE SADDLERS!

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sat May 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Have seen worse matches, we played some decent stuff in patches and they put us under a bit of pressure at times. End of season stuff as no-one really cared about the result. Decent turn out from the Saddlers, as Cumbria mentioned a few more than I expected, lots of singing supporting the team, mixed with a good sprinkling of protest songs and a couple of Cyprus flags, dunno who the one hanging at the front belonged to :D Carlisle police asked me what was with the Cyprus stuff, I said 'how long have you got...' Nice pint in Beehive before, friendly fans and stewards

Also a huge Aberdeen Saddler flag and Brechin Saddler flag behing the goal. Not as many as usual in fancy dress for the last away match but the ones who did certainly made a sterling effort. Couple of great clowns, Iron Man, Scooby Doo, a caveman but I kept looking at the ladybird :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Great support today from those who were there and a decent performance to round the away season off.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sat May 01, 2010 10:03 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:Have seen worse matches, we played some decent stuff in patches and they put us under a bit of pressure at times. End of season stuff as no-one really cared about the result. Decent turn out from the Saddlers, as Cumbria mentioned a few more than I expected, lots of singing supporting the team, mixed with a good sprinkling of protest songs and a couple of Cyprus flags, dunno who the one hanging at the front belonged to :D Carlisle police asked me what was with the Cyprus stuff, I said 'how long have you got...' Nice pint in Beehive before, friendly fans and stewards

Also a huge Aberdeen Saddler flag and Brechin Saddler flag behing the goal. Not as many as usual in fancy dress for the last away match but the ones who did certainly made a sterling effort. Couple of great clowns, Iron Man, Scooby Doo, a caveman but I kept looking at the ladybird :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Great support today from those who were there and a decent performance to round the away season off.

Think the caveman was Scary Spice.

SWS1

Sat May 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Fans going to Carlisle deserve a medal!!
:D

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sat May 01, 2010 11:15 pm

SWS1 wrote:Fans going to Carlisle deserve a medal!!
:D

Don't want a medal but me petrol paid for would be nice.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat May 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Well done the lads - another point chalked up. Well done the fans too! Waiting for some fancy dress pics.... :D

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sat May 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Exile wrote:Well done the lads - another point chalked up. Well done the fans too! Waiting for some fancy dress pics.... :D

i got a couple, how do i post them? :oops: :oops:

Lilsnappa
UTS Veteran

Sun May 02, 2010 8:03 am

Bet they are all pics of the ladybird you couldnt take your eyes off!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun May 02, 2010 9:47 am

belgiansaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:Well done the lads - another point chalked up. Well done the fans too! Waiting for some fancy dress pics.... :D

i got a couple, how do i post them? :oops: :oops:

If they are saved onto your computer somewhere, go to the image shack website and upload them. Then choose the best link option down the side (can't see them without actually uploading a photo) then post them as a link between the 'Img' tabs you can choose along the tabs line when you create a post on here.

That's how Bart does the prediction league tables and I have done the FA Cup prediction league tables, anyway.

If there is an easier method then please let it be known people!

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun May 02, 2010 9:51 am

I found photobucket easier to use than image shack. Otherwise the principle is the same, Belge - you have to store your photo on the web first, or you can't upload it using phpBB (like this website does).

1 - create account at http://www.photobucket.com
2 - upload selected photos to photobucket account
3 - click on photo in bucket, clip to capturetext (you'll seee what I mean when you do it!) and paste on here, making sure that it starts and finishes with the [img]tags[/img]

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sun May 02, 2010 10:35 am

Mrs Cheese was the ladybird, I was Mel B x

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun May 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks to cumbria-saddler, a bit on the front page: http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... 1-walsall/

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sun May 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Have certainly seen more exciting games but I suppose with nothing to play off it was par for the course. Am staying with a Carlisle supporter for the weekend so a draw was probably the best result . I think that we had the better chances and if Byfield hadn't been so greedy when we had a 3 or 4 on 2 & had passed to Deeney in the second half then we would have won. Was disappointed with Jones but impressed by the two clowns sitting immediately in front of me.

Duke
Site Addict

Mon May 03, 2010 12:19 pm

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Mon May 03, 2010 9:11 pm

their goal off-side?

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Mon May 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Lilsnappa wrote:Bet they are all pics of the ladybird you couldnt take your eyes off!

he wernt the only one :D

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Tue May 04, 2010 11:48 am

Exile wrote:I found photobucket easier to use than image shack. Otherwise the principle is the same, Belge - you have to store your photo on the web first, or you can't upload it using phpBB (like this website does).

3 - click on photo in bucket, clip to capturetext (you'll seee what I mean when you do it!) and paste on here, making sure that it starts and finishes with the [img]tags[/img]

A few pics on my fb if anyone is interested.....

http://www.facebook.com/carl.s.jones

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue May 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
Exile wrote:I found photobucket easier to use than image shack. Otherwise the principle is the same, Belge - you have to store your photo on the web first, or you can't upload it using phpBB (like this website does).

The fact you are driving in that outfit, is quite frankly, genius.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Wed May 05, 2010 9:44 am

Cheesebag wrote:

Fantastic effort by your lot!! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season