Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hartlepool United (H) League 1 Saturday 24/4/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
Lilsnappa
UTS Veteran

Re: Hartlepool United (H) League 1 Saturday 24/4/10.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:22 pm

adjisaddler wrote:Another thing though Hutchings just sat down and watched most of the time while o connor barked orders and looked like the manager

To be fair, im not so sure if thats a bad thing. I think it works well with Hutch making the tactical decisisons and MOC acting as the motivator. Don't forget, none of us know what Hutch is like in the dressing room.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Lilsnappa wrote:
adjisaddler wrote:Another thing though Hutchings just sat down and watched most of the time while o connor barked orders and looked like the manager

To be fair, im not so sure if thats a bad thing. I think it works well with Hutch making the tactical decisisons and MOC acting as the motivator. Don't forget, none of us know what Hutch is like in the dressing room.

Capable of some interesting half-time team talks, if performances have been anything to go by. :D

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Cheesebag wrote:Richards played well yesterday, to say he was the second worst on the pitch is unfortunaly a blinkered comment.

Err im not the one with the blinkers on, you obviously are after having misread my post.

I said Richards was one of the two worst players in the walsall team - (which he clearly was), not on the pitch. Thats QM entry level comprehension!

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:45 am

Thought Richards played well, would much rather have him in cm then on the wing. And would play him over Bradley and O'keefe in CM

Overal would say a good performance against a poor team. Another home victory, bring on on dongs.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:59 am

philthesaddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:Richards played well yesterday, to say he was the second worst on the pitch is unfortunaly a blinkered comment.

Err im not the one with the blinkers on, you obviously are after having misread my post.

I said Richards was one of the two worst players in the walsall team - (which he clearly was), not on the pitch. Thats QM entry level comprehension!

I went to Wodo :D

He played 140 ish times for Ipswich, so he couldn't have been that bad? :wink:

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

And was an England Under 21 International

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

And was an England Under 21 International

Yes, and Michael Ricketts and Carlton Palmer played for England. Your point being?

Deano_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:55 pm

fatboyslim wrote:Great result!

Still don't see why he didn't give 10 mins to some of the lads on the bench.....only goes to show Hutchings tactical cluelessness in my opinion!

I think that calling Hucth tactically clueless for not putting a player on for 10 minutes is abit harsh especially when bringing some of the lads on wouldn't have tactically made any little difference to the way the game was gonna end up anyway, ye if we were chasing the game or if some had a knock but how you can call him clueless for not bringing someone when the game was virtually finished is beyond me ( and this is coming from someone that doesnt like Hutchings).

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Highlights from the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Cracking third goal

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season