Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Tranmere Rovers (H) League 1 Saturday 10/4/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
ijamo360

Re: Tranmere Rovers (H) League 1 Saturday 10/4/10.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:09 am

wednesburysaddler wrote:walsall to be winning 3-0 at half time then bonser comes on and announces hes sold deeney for undisclosed fee to coventry.

lower floors to go not to see any football for cyprus flags blocking our view.

the ugly stewrad to header the ball back after taking a airhorn off a young kid and header it into net bringing tranmere back into the game.

hutch to then go to plan b sit back and take off our best player and bring on an ex grimsby player who couldnt pass a pee.

martin o connor to come over to walsall fans and kiss the cyprus flag and announce hes bought the club with his lottery winnings ( 3 numbers)

me to get a hot chocolate thats nearly hot not like the stone cold one last week.

fanta to double in price to make up for charging half price ar xmas.

tranmere to win 4-3 and hutchings to blame a divot on half way line for their 2nd 3rd and 4th goals

That some what sounds realistic, and believable.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:46 pm

As far as the entertainment (?) on the pitch is concerned, it should be borne in mind that Tranmere are the only team in our league who haven't managed to reach double figures in away goals...... it's therefore even more of a "Should win" than Stockport was.

So, a 2-2 draw I think...... Richards and Gray for us, two own goals for the scouse wannabees. Exile to make a surprise appearance via satellite.

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Anyone there. Or are they all been excluded

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:30 pm

0-1 smith OG

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Christ on a bike.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:38 pm

He just put one in the at the right end. 1-1

elfobeiro

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Listening to sad Player and I don't hear much in the way of protest. Is anyone there? Is anything going on?

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Plenty of protest songs, just seen someone (Linda?) thrown out for showing Cyprus flag.

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:59 pm

elfobeiro wrote:Listening to sad Player and I don't hear much in the way of protest. Is anyone there? Is anything going on?

Just spoke to my sister who is at the game.... apparently flags have been unfurled (including one in the away end! :D ), but they've been quickly removed by stewards (who are out in numbers, with extra's bought in from the Bagladies).

Loads of chanting though (inc 'We Want Our Neil Back :D ).

Just read on Facebook that 'Bangor' has been refused entry into the ground. :(

Shame on you, Mr Whalley, Shame on you!!!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:11 pm

This is it for me really, its not right. Whalley needs to f**** off now.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Byfield 2-1

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:31 pm

It's shocking that a peacful protest is being clamped down on like this, the Chinese would be proud of you Mr Bonser.

I'll be there with my flag on the 8th of May, I'll take a ban if need be.

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Just off the phone to my brother who unfurled a flag at half time and was asked put it down which he did. Though he was watched after doing so. He was under the impression that one person was ejected and one person walked out. Someone refused to put there flag down? Three points to mid table mediocraty. By the sounds of things i'm thinking of getting off the fence. And that in itself is a big decision. Please please Roy get round the table and talk. I'm sure it shouldn't come to this.

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Also he wasn't sure that the west brom stewards were not aware of what was going to happen today. Very bad form

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Just got back .. A really good start to the protesting :) Well done to everyone who was involved! Vocal throughout
Fair play to the person wearing the Bons£r out/Whall£y out T-shirt! Good work :)

As for the game ... Two average sides really. Our second goal was probably some of the worst defending I have ever seen. Tranmere are pretty dire

Special mention to the ref. I thought he was superb

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Obviously delighted win the 3 points , can't help but feel Walsall FC have lost a lot more today .

Sad to hear Bangor was refused entry shame on you Roy Whalley .

kevin
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Rich Evans wrote: By the sounds of things i'm thinking of getting off the fence. And that in itself is a big decision.

Your indecision is final then ?

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:44 pm

kevin wrote:
Rich Evans wrote: By the sounds of things i'm thinking of getting off the fence. And that in itself is a big decision.

Your indecision is final then ?

Just two things to clear up although i'm always open to listen to what marmite has to say has his questions do really need answering regardless of what others will say about him. At the moment its 70 - 30 split.

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:45 pm

I thought that, after a poor thirty minutes, we were then worth the 3 points all the way.

Byfield upset the away fans with some pushing in the box - they got on his back - he was odds on to score then as he is at his best when the away fans boo him.

Smith scoring at both ends - I wanted him to get a third for his pseudo-hat-trick.

A sunny afternoon and 3 points ... but I feel very low!

The atmosphere was ruined today by the heavy-handed bullying from those at the club that clearly wish to take all the fun out of the game.

The waving of flags was on the whole very funny - most of the crowd were laughing - especially when the Tranmere fans waved a Cypriot flag.

However, the last few days and the programme notes made the laughs somewhat hollow.

What has happened to MY team? MY matchday experience?

I feel like the club has died today!

And for the benefit of those monitoring the site - i am not 'inciting spectator unrest'. I am just stating how sad I am feeling that the fun of matchday has been so damaged.

I find myself thinking of cold Tuesday nights when we would go into extra time in an autowindscreen shield (or by any other name) match - the fun we used to have, the jokes, the banter, the disagreements ... :(

And on top of that our posts are being monitored by the Unseen Watcher - who waits to take things out of context and brand us Not True Fans or worse

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:10 pm

DId anyone notice that after the winner went in today Byfield ran round to the halfway line and pointed up in the general direction of JB and RW? Can't be sure he was pointing at them (he could have been pointing at someone else).

Did anyone else spot this?

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:25 pm

moanin old git wrote:The 'unseen watcher' is a certain Mr Marmite...root him out for his true self and boot him off UTS for good..he is a very erudite mouthpiece for the Club, and sets us against each other, just like a true, well educated spy is trained to do!
How else would Bongor have been refused entry if the 'club' do not read this fringe 'lunatic' website?

Never really thought that, but yes I agree. He seems to be tryin to make us stop, finding out who we am etc.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 pm

moanin old git wrote:The 'unseen watcher' is a certain Mr Marmite...root him out for his true self and boot him off UTS for good..he is a very erudite mouthpiece for the Club, and sets us against each other, just like a true, well educated spy is trained to do!
How else would Bongor have been refused entry if the 'club' do not read this fringe 'lunatic' website?

Well Darren is known to the club anyway, didnt he work there too?

Thats a hefty accusation to throw about mate!

Griff

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:19 pm

priestley_saddler wrote:DId anyone notice that after the winner went in today Byfield ran round to the halfway line and pointed up in the general direction of JB and RW? Can't be sure he was pointing at them (he could have been pointing at someone else).

He was pointing at MOC..

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Griff wrote:
priestley_saddler wrote:DId anyone notice that after the winner went in today Byfield ran round to the halfway line and pointed up in the general direction of JB and RW? Can't be sure he was pointing at them (he could have been pointing at someone else).

He was pointing at MOC..

Sorry Griff, but that's wrong. I refer you to the match action photographs on Walsall MAD.

Griff

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 pm

gerryhatrick wrote:
Griff wrote:

He was pointing at MOC..

Sorry Griff, but that's wrong. I refer you to the match action photographs on Walsall MAD.

From my recollection he ran back towards the dugout pointing at MOC, "high fived" him or whatever the technical term is and then pointed "upwards" at which point that photo must have been taken. Perhaps he was pointing at RW/JB after all?!?

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Griff wrote:
gerryhatrick wrote:
Griff wrote:

He was pointing at MOC..

From my recollection he ran back towards the dugout pointing at MOC, "high fived" him or whatever the technical term is and then pointed "upwards" at which point that photo must have been taken. Perhaps he was pointing at RW/JB after all?!?

He was pointing at MOC. That photo is from just before that, when he was just running along with his arm in the air. Great goal it was!

Jockey
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:51 pm

The little demonstration after the game was brilliant.

I must thank Royston and Jeff for actually bringing us fans closer together once more. The atmosphere and unity was quite pants until Royston opened his mouth. Thanks you moron

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:53 pm

A great day today in terms of of supporter solidarity.

But, it is also one of the lowest days in Walsall FC history. Loyal fans banned for taking part in peaceful demonstrations (and others banned even though they didn't even demonstrate). Fans getting chucked out for waving plain flags, the club employing extra stewards to crack down on peaceful demonstrations, the club searching Facebook for names of people joining certain groups.

What has our club descended into? It's scary and heartbreaking to see the powers that be driving such wedges between club and fans.

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:29 pm

tinned wrote:A great day today in terms of of supporter solidarity.

But, it is also one of the lowest days in Walsall FC history. Loyal fans banned for taking part in peaceful demonstrations (and others banned even though they didn't even demonstrate). Fans getting chucked out for waving plain flags, the club employing extra stewards to crack down on peaceful demonstrations, the club searching Facebook for names of people joining certain groups.

What has our club descended into? It's scary and heartbreaking to see the powers that be driving such wedges between club and fans.

The rift is growing to become almost beyond repair the board do nothing to help .heartbreaking indeed

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:45 pm

tinned wrote:A great day today in terms of of supporter solidarity.

A complete joke, no doubt we will be the laughing stock of the footballing world soon.

PreviousNext
Return to 2009-10 Season