Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Tranmere Rovers (H) League 1 Saturday 10/4/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
deanonev69
Glitterati

Re: Tranmere Rovers (H) League 1 Saturday 10/4/10.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Jockey wrote:The little demonstration after the game was brilliant.

I must thank Royston and Jeff for actually bringing us fans closer together once more. The atmosphere and unity was quite pants until Royston opened his mouth. Thanks you moron

Absolutely immense it was. As it will be next time and the time after that!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:14 am

How long did the demonstration last for?

Bomoh

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:16 am

Looks to me like WFC learnt their PR skills, understanding of democracy and crowd control from either the Iranians or the North Koreans!

StonnallFan

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:39 am

The club's reaction to its critics may be heavy-handed, but it doesn't alter reality:

1) Mr Bonsor won't depart until another owner is found.

2) A quick look at some of the ill-informed, misspelt nonsense on this site will no doubt frighten off any potential buyer .

3) Falling attendances mean less income and a lower budget for whoever has the manager's job.

4) A big budget doesn't guarantee success.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 am

StonnallFan wrote:The club's reaction to its critics may be heavy-handed, but it doesn't alter reality:

2) A quick look at some of the ill-informed, misspelt nonsense on this site will no doubt frighten off any potential buyer .

3) Falling attendances mean less income and a lower budget for whoever has the manager's job.

4) A big budget doesn't guarantee success.

But Bonser's departure isn't the only end game possibility though is it? Dare I say it, the adverse attention both at games and more widely may result in some tangible changes by those with the power to make them. History is littered with examples of a heavy handed approach to protest being shortly followed by concessions and reform.

Anyway, this is the match thread. I thought we should have made greater use of our wingers to exploit their dodgy full backs. Byfielf was good. Nicholls wasn't.

bangsection
Site Addict

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 am

StonnallFan wrote:

Totally agree with you on point 2. Some of these people can't even spell the name of the club's owner correctly after almost two decades!

What's that? Oh.

StonnallFan

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:06 am

bangsection wrote:
StonnallFan wrote:

Totally agree with you on point 2. Some of these people can't even spell the name of the club's owner correctly after almost two decades!

What's that? Oh.

Er, perhaps I should have my own spelling more carefully!

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:34 am

StonnallFan wrote:

Can we add 'grammatically incompetent' to your list of misdemeanours?

Erm...what's that? Ah, I see.

StonnallFan

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 am

StonnallFan wrote:
bangsection wrote:
StonnallFan wrote:

What's that? Oh.

OK, not only should I have checked my spelling, but also ensured I hadn't missed out any words. (The "Er" was a reference to my spelling error, by the way.)

Enniskillen
UTS Veteran

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:49 am

Did anyone watch the match?
I know that there are lots of issues (all of which I support), but these are covered elsewhere on the site.
As a long distance fan, could someone tell me about the game please.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Enniskillen wrote:Did anyone watch the match? I know that there are lots of issues (all of which I support), but these are covered elsewhere on the site.
As a long distance fan, could someone tell me about the game, please?

Yeah - we won 2-1. Manny Smith scored for both teams before Darren Byfield scored a classy winner. :D

ferriwfc

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:01 pm

If you all want to be taken seriously, you have to be a lot more organised. A few chants, a couple of flags and a small gathering outside the ground does resemble mob. So the club will promote this as nothing more that a small section of thugs trying to create a reaction because the team have nothing left to play for. We need to do better than this. Boycotting the games is defiantly not the right way to go. How can you have your say? How can you show you are the majority rather than the minority if your not there? However things need to be done to show we mean business. If we are going to boycott things why not start with the club shop. Stop buying official club merchandise. Don’t eat and drink inside the stadium. Do not buy a program, but do NOT stop attending games. This way the club will feel the pinch. If no extras are being sold, but we have decent attendances, with organised and fair protests. If this was the case the club can’t complain about a few thugs spoiling everyone else’s day, but an organised group trying to better there club, trying to do what’s right. So I say to all of you no shows come back and show how much you love Walsall FC. Let the club hear the chants, from a majority chant, be organised and united.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 pm

plenty of threads about Bonser

as for the game. Gilmartin is starting to gain confidence and win me over. Back 4 were soild, Mattis and Bradley look good in midfield and Byfield played really well. Nicholl's is to similar to byfield and has been out shone by him during the last 2 games. Hopfully won't have to watch mr Till at the banks again after a few week time

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:59 pm

saddlerJP wrote:plenty of threads about Bonser

as for the game. Gilmartin is starting to gain confidence and win me over. Back 4 were soild, Mattis and Bradley look good in midfield and Byfield played really well. Nicholl's is to similar to byfield and has been out shone by him during the last 2 games. Hopfully won't have to watch mr Till at the banks again after a few week time

Mattis and Bradley? Bradley was only on for a bit in the second half. If you meant Taundry, personally I thought he had a nit of a shocker. Agree about Byfield. Great to have someone for opposing fans to boo. He clearly rattled their cages, and was far more effective than Nicholls.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:12 pm

LOL - yeah I meant Dicky Taundry. Thought he got stuck in really well and helped us keep ball.

Always felt Daz would score after the abuse from the away fans!

whilst we're taling about Bradley - I missed the fact he even came on??????? Did he? I know Till came on for his cameo lose the ball and Parkin had 5 mins at the end but completly missed bradas

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:19 pm

saddlerJP wrote:LOL - yeah I meant Dicky Taundry. Thought he got stuck in really well and helped us keep ball.

Always felt Daz would score after the abuse from the away fans!

whilst we're taling about Bradley - I missed the fact he even came on??????? Did he? I know Till came on for his cameo lose the ball and Parkin had 5 mins at the end but completly missed bradas

Maybe Bradley didn't get on. He did on Monday for a bit. Can't remember. Can't agree about Taundry though. I thought his passing was hopeless and he spent much of his time without the ball chasing shadows. Ah well, it's all about opinion, ay it?

Well, it is on here at least.
:(

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Did anyone think Smith's goal was a nailed on goal as soon as it left his head. It seemed to take ages to get to the goal for me... Twilight zone.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:48 pm

What I learnt from the game - Gilmartin still cant kick a ball properly.

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season