Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Wycombe Wanderers (H) League 1 Monday 5/4/10. 3pm KO

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (H) League 1 Monday 5/4/10. 3pm KO

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 pm

what its done to griggs confidence i dont know, or what confidence he must have in hutchings to never even give him a run out...even more so when you consider that Parkin has done sod all all season.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:00 pm

philthesaddler wrote:what its done to griggs confidence i dont know, or what confidence he must have in hutchings to never even give him a run out...even more so when you consider that Parkin has done sod all all season.

Parkin's been the subject of a season-long campaign for supremacy between Asps and Metfanwy - that alone makes it worthwhile. :mrgreen:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Sam Parkin, only seen him once this season and he set up the winner.

Myabe i should turn up more oftne.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Attended my first game of the season, due to financial reasons!!
Enjoyed it, pretty good first half with a boring second half which we actually just let them take control of and a goal was always coming.
Grays goal was good, Nicholls is poor and the comment behind me "Lingering with no intent." Sums Nicholls up.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:03 am

Shambolic second half, when they were there for the taking.

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... -reaction/

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:19 am

tinned wrote:
4143 wrote:Let's take stock here... a conga line is one step away from a volatile and potentially lethal riot, so in my opinion they're rightly diffused at source.

Secondly, vicious flags can be used to asphyxiate, or worse still stuffed in a bottle to make a Molotov cocktail. The inks used in lettering probably makes the flags more flammable, and thus makes them dangerous in the extreme.

Finally, the Banks's is on the flight path to Birmingham, so passing planes might mistake air horns for some kind of distress signal, and come plummeting into the stadium for a crash landing. I'll have to check the handbook, but I think that's a health & safety hazard.

These measures are essential, because the tragic events of Hillsborough should not, nay, can not be repeated... in a quarter-full third division ground. :|

Too right. At last a voice of sense.

Hear! Hear!

Don't forget that provocative chanting could cause unrest and rioting - it might even disturb the sleep of those the Text999OAP stand or make them choke on their Werther's Originals!

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:59 am

First match since the Southampton home game yesterday, and for much of the first half I wondered what all the negativity was about. We played well for much of it and were good value for our lead. Gray's goal was a beauty, both for the finish but also an excellently worked team goal. Gilmartin did make a cracking save towards the end of the first half to keep it at 2-0.

Second half was shocking. We just appeared to be trying so hard to throw it away. They got back to 2-1. Then, to prevent us having an outlet and being able to take the pressure off the defence, Hutch took off the pacey striker in Nicholls and brought on Parkin. Then, because we had no attacking options he decided there was no need for any creatvitiy, as there was nobody to create things for, so he took Jones off and brought Bradley on. At that point Byfield decided he'd clock off early too. It took a slightly over theatrical camera save from Gilmartin to keep us at 2-1.

Enjoyed the Bonser chants. Now we need more of them, more often, and louder.

Can't have been so bad, debating whether to go Tranmere saturday too.

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:11 am

Decent enough first half ,thought the move for Gray's goal was excellent .
Second half a none event absolute rubbish .

Man of the match Smith by miles there was little competition though Nicholls , Mattis and Taundry all had a decent first half.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:11 am

Whats all the hype over Nicholls for? I personally thought he was shocking, he was slow, he's a wet lettuce.. Man up! As someone right said, we may as well of had 10 men on the pitch because Nicholls was poor all game. It was as if he wasnt there, cant recall the lad even getting a touch of the ball.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:57 am

DanWalsallFC wrote:Whats all the hype over Nicholls for? I personally thought he was shocking, he was slow, he's a wet lettuce.. Man up! As someone right said, we may as well of had 10 men on the pitch because Nicholls was poor all game. It was as if he wasnt there, cant recall the lad even getting a touch of the ball.

I'd agree completely - except he was, with Byfield, involved in the move for the 2nd goal. Apart from that, I though Parkin looked far more effective.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
DanWalsallFC wrote:Whats all the hype over Nicholls for? I personally thought he was shocking, he was slow, he's a wet lettuce.. Man up! As someone right said, we may as well of had 10 men on the pitch because Nicholls was poor all game. It was as if he wasnt there, cant recall the lad even getting a touch of the ball.

I'd agree completely - except he was, with Byfield, involved in the move for the 2nd goal. Apart from that, I though Parkin looked far more effective.

Your not allowed to say that, Parkin is reserve whipping boy behind first choice Richards.

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season