Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Exeter City (A) League 1 Saturday 27/3/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Re: Exeter City (A) League 1 Saturday 27/3/10.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:44 am

ive calmed down enough now to post my feelings on torquay match.
firstly i must congratulate 400 saddlers fans for making the trip as it was a dead rubber match anyway.

we stayed in torquay friday in a 19 quid travelodge and then went to the beautiful city of exter on saturday.

firstly i was very jealous of the exeter set up to call them a non league set up is very unfair.
ok the ground isnt the best but a lot better than i remember and good fans and nearly as twice as many as were getting.

in fact exeter are a bigger club than us now and i find that startling to where both clubs were 10 years ago.

their fans get behind them and although theyre in a lowly position in the league were only 2 wins above them
they were more organised than us grafted more and in my opinion i dont begrudge them the 3 points.

im not going to slate individual players because there were signs that we could have even have won this match but throughout the 90 mins they looked more up for it and we looked like we wanted to get back on the beach at torquay.

i will be like the team this season and see it out with my season ticket but i am one they will be losing next season after 22 years of support.

ive had enough of feeling depressed and watching what i would say now is the worst spell of football in my 22 years.

how we got 47 points is beyond me and i fully expect for us to lose to stockport saturday but if it got hutchings the sack then id take it but we all know that wont happen because he is CHEAP

Jockey
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 am

wednesburysaddler wrote:ive calmed down enough now to post my feelings on torquay match.

Id be quite angry going all that way and watching the wrong game :wink:

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:47 pm

no wonder i thought we had a chance to win

the exeter game was real poo!!!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:09 pm

wednesburysaddler wrote:ok the ground isnt the best but a lot better than i remember and good fans and nearly as twice as many as were getting.

in fact exeter are a bigger club than us now and i find that startling to where both clubs were 10 years ago.

Indeed, but there are plenty of teams that can pull in twice as much as us in the conference. Them being one of them!

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season