Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leyton Orient (A) Saturday 13/3/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
Duke
Site Addict

Re: Leyton Orient (A) Saturday 13/3/10.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Duke wrote:
AlexTheWalsallFan wrote:Hutchings shouldnt and wont leave walsall, if you honestly think we can get a better manager with our budget then i am afraid your divorced from financial reality.

I'm divorced from financial reality.because i know for a fact we can do a lot better

HUTCHINGS OUT

Wish we'd gone for Keith Hill now! :(

Benny Hill would have done a better job

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Down into the bottom half as well after today.

Brentford, 2 places below us have 3 games in hand of us, and are 4 points behind as well. 11 games left...surely surely surely we are safe. :o

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:Down into the bottom half as well after today.

Brentford, 2 places below us have 3 games in hand of us, and are 4 points behind as well. 11 games left...surely surely surely we are safe. :o

There's a gap opeining between the bottom four and Tranmere. We'd need a catestrophic collapse to get dragged in now.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm

We ARE safe....but stagnant and BORED!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Cheesebag wrote:We ARE safe....but stagnant and BORED!

and have been most of the season... no, ALL of the season - utter dullsville!

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:

And that's the problem with results like this - it'll do nothing at all for season ticket sales, so the downward spiral will continue

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:

And that's the problem with results like this - it'll do nothing at all for season ticket sales, so the downward spiral will continue

Or to even attract back the casual fan who fancies taking in a game in the later part of the season as the weather gets nicer etc.

SWS1

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Just watch our late burst for the playoffs....

in the Conference in 2015... :mrgreen:

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Sansara at Left back, Vincent in the middle with Hughes and Smtih on the bench - your a clown hutchings, a number 1 prize clown.

fensaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Cheesebag wrote:is anybody else suffering from "reallycantbebothereditis"?

I used to go to most matches, or if not rivited to the radio for the latest news. I have flicked on here quickly to find we are losing and im not upset, angry or actually feeling any emotion.

Weird.

Me too, and for most of the season. I might still take in a game or two if the sun shines, but TBH, what might get me to do so is the chance to see one or two of the kids thrown in to see what they can do. But agreed, just a few games too early for that yet.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:52 pm

I love the way some idiots on here are moaning that he's started with vincent at centre back and sansara at left back with hughes and smith fit...lol

Are you people blind or just stupid? He's been doing that for 5 or 6 matches, except its been richards at left back, so why moan now its sansara?

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:04 pm

BathSaddler wrote:I don't know why, but a 2-1 win.

3,680 including 195 Saddlers.

I really should have known better :cry: . Still, only 5 off the overall attendance!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:07 pm

philthesaddler wrote:I love the way some idiots on here are moaning that he's started with vincent at centre back and sansara at left back with hughes and smith fit...lol

Are you people blind or just stupid? He's been doing that for 5 or 6 matches, except its been richards at left back, so why moan now its sansara?

Touchy aren't you.

Richards or Sansara... Come on, even the most negative man in the whole of the West Midlands can see Richards is vastly superior (relatively) than Sansara.

Hey, gives you a chance to act nice and superior for a while... prat.

Codsall Saddler
UTS Regular

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Manny Smith was our best player before he got injured, now he can't get back in. Call me cynical, sceptical or whatever, but is the fact he can't get back in due to the contract negotiations? 'You're not indispensible son - I'll play a left back at centre half instead'.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:25 pm

I listened to the whole of the commentary and tbh it was like listening to paint dry. We posed absolutely no threat whatsoever :(

178 Saddlers endured it. I await first hand reports with interest.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 pm

I love the way some idiots on here are moaning that he's started with vincent at centre back and sansara at left back with hughes and smith fit...lol

you'll find people have been saying the same for 5 or 6 matchs you tosser

but with richards being sent off, the thought was even Hutchings would end up working out his strongest line up. But instead he weakens it further

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:40 pm

With the players available to Hutchings today, to play Sansara was ridiculous.

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 pm

philthesaddler wrote:I love the way some idiots on here are moaning that he's started with vincent at centre back and sansara at left back with hughes and smith fit...lol

You daft?

Why not play a LEFT BACK at LEFT BACK and put a CENTRE BACK (i.e. Manny/Hughes) at CENTRE BACK instead of playing a LEFT BACK at CENTRE BACK

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Err, we have.

Obviouslty we are idiots though, everything you say is gospel, and we are beneath oh might philthesaddler.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Disgraceful performance. To call ourselves a professional football team is a joke. I can't remember Orient's keep actually having to make a save. The few shots that we did have went wide and were ironically cheered by the 178 Saddlers fans.I realy can't think of one player that played well for us. Hutchings is an idiot. Why play Sansara with Hughes & Smith on the bench? Why wait until we're 2-0 down to make a sub? Why take off the only player who looked like they had the possibility to do something for a league 2 reserve player?

I think it's time for Hutch to go. He's had his chance, all we are going to do now is plummet like a stone towards the bottom if the performances of late carry on.

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Been today and I really really wouldn't be surprised if we are dragged into the relegation scrap after that rubbish.

It got so bad, we were cheering when we strung more than 3 passes together.... and that only lasted a few times.
I don't know where the 2 shots on target came from because we didn't have any!!!!
I can't be bothered going through each player because they all should be sacked, with the exception of Jones! Grey can be first out the door, he was shocking.

There was no passion, no determination, no spirit, no fight....

Worst players on the pitch were Sansara and grey by a country mile.

Rubbish, rubbish rubbish. Bye bye Hutchings. :evil:

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Crewe Saddler wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:
Crewe Saddler wrote:Maybe the manager wants to give Sansara more playing time and wants Vincent to give him some guidance.

We aren't in realistic contention for a play off spot and are 12 points clear of the relegation zone with (before todays game) 12 games left.

OR... maybe the manager is tactically CLUELESS

Possibly Steve..
The clumsily made point I was trying to make was that the manager may be looking to next season.
Assuming Sansara is part of his plans for next season (why not, he's cheap), then he clearly needs to improve. Vincent can give him guidance on, for example, his positional play.

I sincerely hope the only Walsall related "looking" Hutchings will do next season is seeing our results in the telly, while he's sat at home spending his pay-off.

is anybody else suffering from "reallycantbebothereditis"?

I used to go to most matches, or if not rivited to the radio for the latest news. I have flicked on here quickly to find we are losing and im not upset, angry or actually feeling any emotion.

Weird.

Took the kids to the cinema this afternoon. Half way through looked at my phone, saw there were two messages (almost definitely from Over The Moon, who was at the game) and couldn't even be bothered to read them until after the film. In the recent past I'd be on tenter hooks awaiting news from the game. Hardly gave it a thought today. Scary.

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh yeah, and a big shout out goes to Gilmartin who would of conceded the funniest own goal you'd ever of seen in your whole life...

Ball bouncing around on edge of his area, he comes running out the 18 yards to get it, while clayton mcdonald heads in back to where he should be, only for it to just skim past the post.

SWS1

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:04 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :(

SwiftlySaddler

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:30 pm

May seems an age away after that performance
:cry:

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:44 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Asps wrote:Hutchings Out!!!

Simples

Should be an exciting end to the season as we get dragged into the relegation scrap.

Relegation scrap? Are you mad

Hutch out!

So can you see where 8 or 9 points are going to come from? I can't

We're cannon fodder at the moment.

Hutchings out!!!

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:59 pm

That was unexpected.

and tat.
:(

james78
UTS Regular

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:02 am

Zece_WFC wrote:Been today and I really really wouldn't be surprised if we are dragged into the relegation scrap after that rubbish.

It got so bad, we were cheering when we strung more than 3 passes together.... and that only lasted a few times.
I don't know where the 2 shots on target came from because we didn't have any!!!!
I can't be bothered going through each player because they all should be sacked, with the exception of Jones! Grey can be first out the door, he was shocking.

There was no passion, no determination, no spirit, no fight....

Worst players on the pitch were Sansara and grey by a country mile.

Rubbish, rubbish rubbish. Bye bye Hutchings. :evil:

agree garbage again today.looks like last saturday was a false dawn.sansara is the worst left back i have seen at walsall absolute rubbish! mind you what else can we expect when we sign the likes of till.league 2 players written all over them :evil:

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:13 am

Just seen the goals - both from the left!!! what a suprise

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:50 am

we am cack. after 3 months of listening to various players and management drown on about not letting the season die, guess what, it's died. Last one out turn the lights off, Still there's always next year :D

PreviousNext
Return to 2009-10 Season