Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Tuesday 23/2/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Re: Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Tuesday 23/2/10.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:57 pm

gutless spineless rubbish crud waste of time bunch of puddings with the worst tactician of a manager ive ever seen

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:08 pm

BathSaddler wrote:I can stomach losing at home to Yeovil. After all, they are at the moment a club with similar resources and similar crowds to us [well, they do get better attendances, but then everybody bar Hartlepool do :( ]. What I can't stomach is barely registering a shot on target at home in 90 minutes when you consider that we have won three out of the last four and won at Elland Road only a week ago.

I know we have a small squad, and I know we fielded a weakened team tonight, but you have to question the ability of the management team to get the best out of them and motivate them properly. Sure, the players have to take some of the blame, but it is clear that Hutchings is simply a sub-standard manager.

I await the views of those who were there with interest.

Were there any there with interest? If so, I think it must have subsided pretty rapidly! :D

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm

BathSaddler wrote:Duke Says: "the board have a massive job to do to turn it around"

The board ARE the problem, Duke.

I Agree they got us into this mess it's up to them to put it right

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 pm

What an absolutely dire performance.

NOT A SINGLE SHOT ON TARGET

HUTCHINGS FLOCK OFF

[POST MODERATED]

WFC_Jimmy
UTS Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Absolutely Dire Performance!...... BOO!

[post moderated]

saddlerken
Site Addict

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:22 pm

fudge SHEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTE

DROSS

EMBARRASSING

SACK INCE

scott_powell
Site Addict

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 pm

So bad it was funny

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:26 pm

There was a game on?

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:30 pm

4143 wrote:There was a game on?

No, no there wasn't. Nothing even resembling a game. :(

Delves Saddler

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Absolute dire performance, our worst of that season and that is saying something consdiering some of the dross perfromances we have put in this season. I think it was even more evident tonight that Chris Hutchings' footballing philosophy (if you could call it that) is incredibly flawed and his tactical nouse is non existent (bringing on an unproven kid with less than 10 minutes to go whist trailing) and not even changing our method of play. This sitting deep and then hoofing it out to the widemen is farcical, especially considering Richards and Till have been the widemen for most of this season, but even with Nicholls and Gray out wide we still seem to be unable to cut inside and mix up the attacking play and we were incredibly predictable tonight. On the odd occasions we do cut in our players either don't pull the trigger or put it in the stands. I think the fact that Mcdonald ended up playing as a third striker late on in the game highlighted just how Hutchings thinks we should play, hoof to the big man and pick up the scraps and I firmly believe our players just aren't capable of playing that way. It really worries me that Hutchings still hasn't addressed the goalscoring problem, earlier on in the season we had a spell where we couldn't even score a goal from open play and even in February we are bottom of the attempts statistics table, what an absolute joke. He needs to go at the end of the season.

SWS1

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Oi wor theer, Oi'm glad ter say.
Gorra be complete shi'ite.
:(

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:40 pm

SH!T.
Boring
Pointless
No fans
No passing
No shooting
No tackling
No changes

Enough said.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Not worth hair on my shite.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Worst performance of the season!

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Worst performance bar Oldham which was worse but only marginally. The tactics and team reflect the manager - lethargic, poor and clueless. Get rid. Or i fear this drop in attendance will leave us in the bottom tier of english football.

addo
UTS Veteran

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Devoid of any quality at all.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm

listen i know we can all blame bonser and all that but the win at leeds and brentford are just papering over the cracks of what is a very poor side managed by a very poor mananger.
i will not be earlybirding until i have the assurance that hutchings will be sacked at end of season.
he is absolutley clueless when it comes to tactics and excuse after excuse from his mouth does not begin to tell the story.
oh to have dickie dosh back down the club a proper manager with proper tactics.
that man although at a level lower took what was a team of tryers although not the best players in the world and ground out results and used his noggin to turn games around when they went stale.
it was obvious after 20 mimutes tonight that the tactics he was playing were not going to be good enough to turn the match around.

that said i must admit the players were bloody awful tonight and should be ashamed of themselves and should donate their wages to sports relief as some kind of gesture to the 2900 walsall fans that turned up to watch that dire load of rubbish
Last edited by wednesburysaddler on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Surely it's time for Rene to have another chance? I'm a fan of Clayton, but his clangers are happening nearly every match now and it's getting ridiculous!

Jockey
UTS Legend

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:13 pm

That was gutless, pathetic and quite simply embarassing.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:17 pm

HOOF, HOOF, HOOF, fricking HOOF.

That's about the tactical limit of our so called manager. Oh yeah, that and bring on a substitute (it doesn't really matter what position or who for as long as the obligatory 75 minute substitution is made) for the last 15 minutes, because that's what it says in the coaching manual he bought in Oxfam last summer for 99p.

Frick off Hutchings you clueless piece of cack.

Clueless, pointless, witlless players "managed" by a dead brain idiot who spent the majority of the game sat on the bench (asleep if he had any sense).

Ince is a liability and needs to be shipped out now.
Byfiield has got his contract so can't bet bothered anymore.
O'Keefe is like the spitting image of Bradley (i.e. totally cack).

Thank God I've only got 6 games left on this season ticket and then I no longer feel obliged to waste my life watching this excuse for a football team.

2,900????? What you gonna blame for this Whalley? The fricking double dip recession? DEAD CLUB WALKING.

Oh yeah, seen the latest "unmissable" offer in the Stadium Suite? A bowl of soup for the unbelievable price of £2.95 :shock: :shock: :shock: They blame a recession for low crowds and then expect the average fan to fork out 3 quod for a bowl of tomato soup. I hope that lad employed to serve it wern't paid too much. Does anybody at the club have a brain cell to use?

Stuffer

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Glad I am at work so had to miss it. Can't wait to watch the lowlights on bbc webshite later. I like Clayton but he dropped a bollock on Saturday when he kicked the ball out stright to a brentford player in the first half and it seems these mistakes are catching up on him. Maybe bring in a loan keeper as Rene isn't ready yet.

Hutch will still be here next season so we'll have to live with it. Though I really believe a younger manager would be better for us.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 pm

My favourite part of the game was the final whistle. That was a single moment of joy in an evening otherwise filled with abject drivel. Can't remember the last time I saw such a dire football match.

One does have to wonder if our occasional good results are despite of Hutchings rather than because of him (eg much-credited for taking Till off early at Leeds, but turned out he's done his hamstring so had to go off). A home game against a poor team and we don't manage a single shot on target? Atrocious.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 am

An embarrashing, shocking performance.

A clown in goal who gifted them the goal. Their palyer gets injured so Ince kicks the ball out, they throw it back to him once the player is fit & Ince boots it into the stand again!

Many Smith playing on the wing for 20 minutes second half, then retires to fullback and so MacDonald go to centre forward.WTF??

MacDonald & Byfield colliding with each other as do Gray & Byfield. No calling or team work.

Shots (Very occasional) pinging into own players

At one stage we had Richards, Deeney, Adkins & Taundry all playing as wingers down the one wing within 30 feet of each other.

Taundry running round all over the pitch like a headless chicken.

Gray can't get a corner more than 6" off the ground.

It was just a play anywhere free-for-all. No formation, no leadership on or off the pitch. Who the hell was team captain??

Yeovil were awful & there for the taking.

If we have a weakened team, at least get the players to play in their strongest positions and stay in formation with some sort of game plan and someone in a captain's role on the pitch. BASIC STUFF

Hutchings is the worst manager in the world & based on this performance alone should be sacked tomorrow morning.

The bloke is a LOSER, we will never, ever, do any good with this guy as manager. His managemant CV confirms he's been a loser everywhere. GET RID NOW.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:13 am

Asps wrote:An embarrashing, shocking performance.

A clown in goal who gifted them the goal. Their palyer gets injured so Ince kicks the ball out, they throw it back to him once the player is fit & Ince boots it into the stand again!

Many Smith playing on the wing for 20 minutes second half, then retires to fullback and so MacDonald go to centre forward.WTF??

MacDonald & Byfield colliding with each other as do Gray & Byfield. No calling or team work.

Shots (Very occasional) pinging into own players

At one stage we had Richards, Deeney, Adkins & Taundry all playing as wingers down the one wing within 30 feet of each other.

Taundry running round all over the pitch like a headless chicken.

Gray can't get a corner more than 6" off the ground.

It was just a play anywhere free-for-all. No formation, no leadership on or off the pitch. Who the hell was team captain??

Yeovil were awful & there for the taking.

If we have a weakened team, at least get the players to play in their strongest positions and stay in formation with some sort of game plan and someone in a captain's role on the pitch. BASIC STUFF

Hutchings is the worst manager in the world & based on this performance alone should be sacked tomorrow morning.

The bloke is a LOSER, we will never, ever, do any good with this guy as manager. His managemant CV confirms he's been a loser everywhere. GET RID NOW.

I'm glad you mention the corner. Never have I seen the first defender clear the corner about 2 inches off the floor.

Then there was Nicholls shot that was headed in te general direction of the Manor Hospital if it wasn't for the kind intervention of Deeney blocking it.

Then there was Byfield & Gray taking each other out - Keystone Cop stuff.

Utter, utter, utter rubbish.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:22 am

It was the ball's fault. Even though it was yellow it was hard to see.
Don't blame Hutchings and our skillful tactically astute players - they couldn't see the ball.
We should play with an orange ball then we'd have won tonight or at least play with a ball with a bell inside it to give Deeney time to get out of the way when Nicholls shoots.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 am

Graydon48 wrote:It was the ball's fault. Even though it was yellow it was hard to see.
Don't blame Hutchings and our skillful tactically astute players - they couldn't see the ball.
We should play with an orange ball then we'd have won tonight or at least play with a ball with a bell inside it to give Deeney time to get out of the way when Nicholls shoots.

:mrgreen:

I agree. They had no excuse, they could have painted that ball yellow using the paint left over from when they marked out the new away stand.

You can still see those markings you know.

SaddlerCraig
UTS Veteran

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:05 am

Asps wrote:Who the hell was team captain??

going on the brentford game it would of been the clown who just got himself a contract and now couldn't care anymore.... thats right Darren Byfield

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:16 am

Asps wrote:Yeovil were awful & there for the taking.

That is the most damning statement. Could and should have won this one, If we're going to use hoofball as a general "tactic" we're better off (a) being relegated, and (b) buying some 6'6" centre forwards to hoof it to.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 am

SaddlerCraig wrote:
Asps wrote:Who the hell was team captain??

Going on the Brentford game, it would HAVE been the clown who just got himself a contract and now couldn't care any more ... that's right - Darren Byfield

Jamie Vincent was captain, tonight.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:22 am

philthesaddler wrote:What an absolutely dire performance.

NOT A SINGLE SHOT ON TARGET

HUTCHINGS FLOCK OFF

Unfair and untrue - Richard Taundry had a shot on target in the 87th minute! :cry: :twisted:

PreviousNext
Return to 2009-10 Season