Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brentford (H) League 1 Saturday 20/2/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
Duke
Site Addict

Brentford (H) League 1 Saturday 20/2/10.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:10 am

Brentford do not have a mid week fixture I thought I'd crack on with the match thread .

Our visitors form guide last 6 league games.

Charlton - home - drew 1-1
Carlisle - home - won 3-1
Norwich - away - lost 0-1
Southampton - home - drew 1-1
Gillingham - home - won 4-0
Wycombe - home - drew 1-1

Full away record

Won 3 - drew 3 - lost 7 - 7 goals for - 14 conceded
No other league 1 side have conceded fewer away goals , no other side in our league have scored less goals away from home .

Brentford sit 2 places and 1 point above us in the table .

Prediction : This as an 0-0 draw written all over it.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Re: Brentford (H) League 1 Saturday 20/2/10.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:31 pm

I think we will lose 1-0, scored by a hungry young Brentford player cast aside by Tottenham or another local London team & keen to revive his career at Brentford.

My quest for the day will be how little football I can actually watch, achieved through the following schedule: -

Pre-match Phase One

1) Use Evo's skill of buying the last round in the Saddlers Club at 2.50pm, using the full drinking up time permitted in the SC, while being snarled at by the gorillas on the door (Yes M.O.G.'s friends)

2) Visiting the Gents on the way of SC & so wasting more valuable time and upsetting the gorillas further.

3) Amble slowly from the SC to the FTG stand dicussing with Evo the merits of pickled eggs & Nargis Kebabs.

Entry to the gound at 3.12pm completes phase One

12 minutes & Dancing Kev's initial performance missed.

Phase Two "Halftime"

1) At precisely 3.35pm wander to the toilets for bladder relief and on way gander at the St John's girls and the girls serving in the kiosk in the forelorn hope of decent eye candy.

2) 3.38pm saunter to the centre exit in the lower FTG and knock on door of Bescot Bar.

3) At 3.41pm, following a copious jangling of keys, the dippy bar staff manage to find the correct key & open the door to the corridor that also serves on match days as the Bescot Bar.

4) Having drank something fizzy described as "beer", had a smoke out the back of the BB & returned to find your dregs of "beer" have been cleared up, one then stays in the bar as long as possible. Maximum stay duration is achieved by wittering onto a Steward about how much they would like to throw Dancing Kev down the exit aisle, cover with a mattress and then trampoline on the resultant arrangement.

5) At 4.13pm conversation becomes one way and you are forced to the leave the sanctuary of the corridor/Bescot Bar return to block FL6.

18 minutes & the Stafflers slot missed.

End of Match

1) Only allow youself to leave the match at a time once the lady (GILF, but only just) who is always in my row, has just squeezed past, allowing bodily contact and a caress of hips as you guide her past you. Perturbingly the exact timing of her exit is always outside of your control, however no matter what the score, she always leaves early. As we will be losing, it will be cold and we will be playing pants, the exit time should hopefully be at around 4.44pm,

6 minutes & the notion to sympathetically applaud at end of game missed.

90 - 12 - 18 - 6 = 54 minutes watched.

I'm sure you will agree, a very pleasing achievement.

UTS
Last edited by Asps on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 am

Asps wrote:I think we will lose 1-0, scored by a hungry young Brentford player cast aside by Tottenham or another local London team & keen to revive his career at Brentford.

My quest for the day will be how little I football I can actually watch, achieved through the following schedule: -

Pre-match Phase One

1) Use Evo's skill of buying the last round in the Saddlers Club at 2.50pm, using the full drinking up time permitted in the SC, while being snarled out by the gorillas on the door (Yes M.O.G.'s friends)

2) Visiting the Gents on the way of SC & so wasting more valuable time and upsetting the gorillas further.

3) Amble slowly from the SC to the FTG stand dicussing with Evo the merits of pickled eggs & Nargis Kebabs.

12 minutes & Dancing Kev's initial performace missed.

Phase Two "Halftime"

1) At precisely 3.35pm wander to the toilets for bladder relief and on way gander at the St John's girls and the girls serving in the kiosk in the forelorn hope of decent eye candy.

2) 3.38pm saunter to the centre exit in the lower FTG and knock on door of Bescot Bar.

3) At 3.41pm, following a copious jangling of keys, the dippy bar staff manage to find the correct key & open the door to the corridor that also serves on match days as the Bescot Bar.

4) Having drank something fizzy described as "beer", had a smoke out the back of the BB & returned to find your dregs of "beer" have been cleaned up, one then stays in the bar as long as possible. Maximum stay duration is achieved by wittering onto a Steward about how much they would like to throw Dancing Kev down the exit aisle, cover with a mattress and then trampoline on the resultant arrangement.

5) At 4.13pm conversation becomes one way and you are forced to the leave the sanctuary of the corridor/Bescot Bar return to block FL6.

End of Match

1) Only allow youself to leave the match at a time once the lady (GILF, but only just) who is always in my row, has just squeezed past, allowing bodily contact and a caress of hips as you guide her past you. Perturbingly the exact timing of her exit is always outside of your control, however no matter what the score, she always leaves early. As we will be losing, it will be cold and we will be playing pants, the exit time should hopefully be at around 4.44pm,

90 - 12 - 18 - 6 = 54 minutes watched>

UTS

Brilliant. :D

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:36 am

Asps wrote:I think we will lose 1-0, scored by a hungry young Brentford player cast aside by Tottenham or another local London team & keen to revive his career at Brentford.

My quest for the day will be how little I football I can actually watch, achieved through the following schedule: -

Pre-match Phase One

1) Use Evo's skill of buying the last round in the Saddlers Club at 2.50pm, using the full drinking up time permitted in the SC, while being snarled at by the gorillas on the door (Yes M.O.G.'s friends)

Phase Two "Halftime"

4) Having drank something fizzy described as "beer", had a smoke out the back of the BB & returned to find your dregs of "beer" have been cleared up, one then stays in the bar as long as possible. Maximum stay duration is achieved by wittering onto a Steward about how much they would like to throw Dancing Kev down the exit aisle, cover with a mattress and then trampoline on the resultant arrangement.

End of Match

UTS

Absolute quality mate :D Happy to be part of the plan :lol:

We could delay our departure from the SC by chaining ourselves to my fave barmaid at 3.05 and refusing to move until they agree to start selling Nargis Kebabs :D

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:59 am

Walsall 7-0 Brentford
SHABBA MINT head to a meeting with record label boss ASPS and the bands new manager TAPE 66 to confirm the title of the groups debut album , after a long discussion which lasts 5 minutes the group decide that LADIES WEARING WHITE BRAS HELPS REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT is the title of the bands debut album. Meanwhile the groups video for new single GRIND WITH EVO is given its world premiere on mtv base by the big dawg westwood this really annoys manager TAPE 66 who throws a tantrum and storms out . As the group leave the headquarters of their record label they are mobbed by screaming fans this delights JOCKEY as he gets grabbed and pulled off regulary by fans in the melee, the other members of the group FBIG and NED KELLY run for the car . Meanwhile in blackpool DUKE 2nd , 3rd and 4th nights as elvis go down a storm with the sell out crowd , after leaving the show DUKE is sigining autographs for fans but then suddenly refuses to sign the next autograph as it turns out that the person asking for the autograph is a fan decked out in a wolves shirt , DUKE refuses and storms off and gets into the waitng car. Meanwhile over in bloxwich STATUS ONLINES 3rd gig goes a lot better than the previous two as they play to a sell out crowd of 150 people in the high street they leave the gig on their travel wm tour bus and head for their next gig. TO BE CONTINUED

No offence was meant to any uster mentioned in the latest instalment of the shabba mint saga .

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:46 pm

big baz 1 wrote:Walsall 7-0 Brentford
SHABBA MINT head to a meeting with record label boss ASPS and the bands new manager TAPE 66 to confirm the title of the groups debut album , after a long discussion which lasts 5 minutes the group decide that LADIES WEARING WHITE BRAS HELPS REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT is the title of the bands debut album. Meanwhile the groups video for new single GRIND WITH EVO is given its world premiere on mtv base by the big dawg westwood this really annoys manager TAPE 66 who throws a tantrum and storms out . As the group leave the headquarters of their record label they are mobbed by screaming fans this delights JOCKEY as he gets grabbed and pulled off regulary by fans in the melee, the other members of the group FBIG and NED KELLY run for the car . Meanwhile in blackpool DUKE 2nd , 3rd and 4th nights as elvis go down a storm with the sell out crowd , after leaving the show DUKE is sigining autographs for fans but then suddenly refuses to sign the next autograph as it turns out that the person asking for the autograph is a fan decked out in a wolves shirt , DUKE refuses and storms off and gets into the waitng car. Meanwhile over in bloxwich STATUS ONLINES 3rd gig goes a lot better than the previous two as they play to a sell out crowd of 150 people in the high street they leave the gig on their travel wm tour bus and head for their next gig. TO BE CONTINUED

No offence was meant to any uster mentioned in the latest instalment of the shabba mint saga .

:D :D 8)

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jockey gets pulled off :lol: :lol: :lol:

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I've had the best 24 hours as a Walsall fan for quite a while. However, I can't help feeling that we will lose 1-0 on Saturday.

Attendance around 3,300.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:39 am

Do they still have Bostock? He's class.

Ill go for another draw. 1-1

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:51 am

Pre-match Phase One

Phase Two "Halftime"

End of Match

UTS

Quality mate! If only I could get my hands on a free ticket, I would join in with these pleasantries on Saturday!

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 am

Walsall to win 2-1 deeney and mattis. In front of 3654 fans of which 267 are brentford

Stuffer

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:49 pm

I'll go for Walsall-P v Brentford-P :mrgreen:

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:18 am

Its going to be cold, and so it is going to be nil-nil or a very dull one-nil win either way.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:04 pm

DawleyDick

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Big Baz's joke about Walsall 7 Brentford 0 actually happened in January 1957. I was one of the 13800 at the match that day. If only!!

WFC_Jimmy
UTS Veteran

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Ince

Westlake
Mcdonald
Vincent
Richards

Bradley
Taundry
Mattis
Gray

Deeney
Nicholls/Byfield

Be a close one this will, 1-0 either way

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:54 pm

moanin old git wrote:
stonesaddler wrote:Walsall to win 2-1 deeney and mattis. In front of 3654 fans of which 267 are brentford

Here we go again, 'vague' & 'generalised' predictions, why could you not give the times of the goals then? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still havn't 'come down' yet from Tuesday, I screamed and shouted so much, I couldn't talk the next Day!
Our team are now great favourites with the seven Huddersfield fans that I work with!

I hope Saturday won't be a letdown, I too get that 1-1 feeling.........

My crystal ball broke. Just awaiting delivery of a new one. How ever the cards say we shall come from behind if that helps :D

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:36 pm

DawleyDick wrote:Big Baz's joke about Walsall 7 Brentford 0 actually happened in January 1957. I was one of the 13800 at the match that day. If only!!

My 7-0 predictions are not a joke they are more like positive thinking :mrgreen:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:37 pm

WALSALL: Clayton Ince, Dwayne Mattis, Troy Deeney, Alex Nicholls, Richard Taundry, Darryl Westlake, Jamie Vincent, Matt Richards, Julian Gray, Darren Byfield, Clayton McDonald.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Good to see that Jones is available..... on the bench. :D

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Something strange happening here - after 3 minutes we've had one shot off target, one shot on target, and a corner. After 3 minutes!!!!!

Biggles
UTS Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:19 pm

1 Down. :(

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 pm

So of course we go one down after 17 minutes....... :roll:

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Brentford's 8th away goal this season.

Come on lads
Last edited by Duke on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Early doors yet.

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:23 pm

stonesaddler wrote:
moanin old git wrote:
stonesaddler wrote:Walsall to win 2-1 deeney and mattis. In front of 3654 fans of which 267 are brentford

Here we go again, 'vague' & 'generalised' predictions, why could you not give the times of the goals then? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still havn't 'come down' yet from Tuesday, I screamed and shouted so much, I couldn't talk the next Day!
Our team are now great favourites with the seven Huddersfield fans that I work with!

I hope Saturday won't be a letdown, I too get that 1-1 feeling.........

My crystal ball broke. Just awaiting delivery of a new one. How ever the cards say we shall come from behind if that helps :D

No problems.

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Nicholls 1-1 :D

Reading Saddler
UTS Regular

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Is the Walsall Commentary on saddlers world working? Or is it just having a pause because it is half time?

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:01 pm

Oh blow there goes my crystal ball prediction.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:07 pm

smith on for Westlake apparently.

Next
Return to 2009-10 Season