Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leeds United (A) League 1 Tuesday 16/2/10

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
SWS1

Re: Leeds United (A) League 1 Tuesday 16/2/10

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:54 pm

saddlerJP wrote:Great game, didn't look over the line to me but I don't care either way

Ince played well other then the goal, havn't seen it on the telly but looked bad from the away end
westlake - suberb
Big MAC - MOM - this guy is a beast, has the potential to be a top top player
Vincent - Suberb
Richards - like him at left back, stuck to his task and stopped the majority of crosses coming in - came close with free kick
Till - did he play
Mattis - took his goal brilliantly, battled well
Taundry - he's the type of player I would hate to play against, never gave a yard, battled well
Bradley - did well when he came on
Deeney - ran his little socks off
Nicholls - made the scum keeper make a great save which forced the corner just before big Macs goal, worked hard

As fans we were great yesterday, made the noise of a couple of thousand, plus we we way to witty for the job seekers to the left of us, brilliant night and i'm still on a high!!

On a side note, Clayton Macdonalds attitude is great, if we can keep him, he's our future captain, always organising and talking on the pitch, he's always one of the first over to the fans, he was going round the players at the end congratulating them, all the press reports i've read he's very ambitious but level headed at the same time.

He was first over to the fans at Brizzle, too. Top man!
:D

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season