Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Oldham Athletic (A) League 1 Saturday 13/2/10.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
BathSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Oldham Athletic (A) League 1 Saturday 13/2/10.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:30 pm

ws3 wrote:
Ulster Saddler wrote:I think that Hutchings is one of these managers who thinks coaching is about doing all you can about stopping the other team from playng. He does not seem capable of picking a team which creates anything. We do not seem to score more than 1 goal in a game. How embarrassing for us to be discussing whether we had one or zero shots on target after playing against a relegation threatened team who should be low on confidence.

Against Oldham we should have gone all out for the first 20 mins to score. If we had gone one up their fans/players etc would have gone straight onto a downer and we would have won. By sitting back and letting play just gave them more and more confidence.

I honestly think that as a coach, Hutchings gets more of a buzz from drawing away 0-0 then he does from winning. I also think that he thinks he is doing well by having us in mid table (although we are getting suked down by the week).

And don't forget our win at Bristol was thanks to a penalty save.

UP THE SADDLERS

I prefer to think of it as the fact that we scored more goals than they did and thoroughly deserved the win. The fact that they couldn't score even from a penalty is Rovers problem not ours.

I agree about Bristol Rovers, ws3, we did create chances and deserved the three points. Oldham, however, seems a different proposition entirely, going on the reports of those who were there. It sounds as if we showed as much ambition on the field than we do as a club off it.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Re: Oldham Athletic (A) League 1 Saturday 13/2/10.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:01 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
ws3 wrote:
Ulster Saddler wrote:I think that Hutchings is one of these managers who thinks coaching is about doing all you can about stopping the other team from playng. He does not seem capable of picking a team which creates anything. We do not seem to score more than 1 goal in a game. How embarrassing for us to be discussing whether we had one or zero shots on target after playing against a relegation threatened team who should be low on confidence.

Against Oldham we should have gone all out for the first 20 mins to score. If we had gone one up their fans/players etc would have gone straight onto a downer and we would have won. By sitting back and letting play just gave them more and more confidence.

I honestly think that as a coach, Hutchings gets more of a buzz from drawing away 0-0 then he does from winning. I also think that he thinks he is doing well by having us in mid table (although we are getting suked down by the week).

And don't forget our win at Bristol was thanks to a penalty save.

UP THE SADDLERS

I prefer to think of it as the fact that we scored more goals than they did and thoroughly deserved the win. The fact that they couldn't score even from a penalty is Rovers problem not ours.

I agree about Bristol Rovers, ws3, we did create chances and deserved the three points. Oldham, however, seems a different proposition entirely, going on the reports of those who were there. It sounds as if we showed as much ambition on the field than we do as a club off it.

We created very little in the second half and could have easily dropped 2 points due to our negativity in trying to hold onto a 1-0 lead against a truly awful side on the night.

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season