Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leyton Orient (H) League 1 Saturday 19/12/09.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
NOTORIOUS_VIP

Re: Leyton Orient (H) League 1 Saturday 19/12/09.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 am

personally i can not see why on earth Hutchings did not replace Richards with Nicholls for the last 15 minutes or so! that way we could have had someone running at them from the left and sum1 actually willing to take a player on, it could have been the difference

SWS1

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:28 pm

NOTORIOUS_VIP wrote:personally i can not see why on earth Hutchings did not replace Richards with Nicholls for the last 15 minutes or so! that way we could have had someone running at them from the left and sum1 actually willing to take a player on, it could have been the difference

Agree entirely with this thought. :?

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:54 pm

NOTORIOUS_VIP wrote:personally i can not see why on earth Hutchings did not replace Richards with Nicholls for the last 15 minutes or so! that way we could have had someone running at them from the left and sum1 actually willing to take a player on, it could have been the difference

We could have, yeah.
Then again, we could have had someone with little end product and who wouldn't help out defensively when they threatened to hit us on the break (which they did a couple of times).
It depends which Alex Nicholls would have come on I suppose. :wink:

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:20 am

WFC_Rob wrote:

We could have, yeah.
Then again, we could have had someone with little end product and who wouldn't help out defensively when they threatened to hit us on the break (which they did a couple of times).
It depends which Alex Nicholls would have come on I suppose. :wink:

2006 - Constable
2007 - Ishmel
2008 - Ishmel (well first four months of season)
2009 - Nichols

story is the same year in year out, only the name changes, why is it we always have this superstar Maradona / pele like talent that is on the subs bench, who if played would take us to the promise land :)

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:03 am

canadiansaddler wrote:

2006 - Constable
2007 - Ishmel
2008 - Ishmel (well first four months of season)
2009 - Nichols

story is the same year in year out, only the name changes, why is it we always have this superstar Maradona / pele like talent that is on the subs bench, who if played would take us to the promise land :)

Could it be because Walsall thrives when it's mercurial talent is sold?

Conundrum: If WFC is paying the wage of anyone whose ambition does not match their own, forget it. On the other hand, if said misfit really belongs at WFC with no hope of future benefit, let them go. Always, but always, make sure what they're worth...

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season