Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Oldham Athletic (H) League 1 Tuesday 24/11/09.

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Re: Oldham Athletic (H) League 1 Tuesday 24/11/09.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Indeed. If Sansara was out of sorts last night, then when he is "in sorts", we are gonna have a hell of of a player. Thought he had a really good game.

Absolutely loved last night. Cracking night, and I'm still beaming now. Been a decent last month to be a Saddler :-)

longdogs
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:43 pm

Just watched the highlights on Saddlers Player. Sitting int he F2G, I couldn't see the first goal very well, but Deeney took it very cleverly, and his second was as good as I remember it. In fact all three goals were well taken.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:04 am

Just watched highlights, its one of the most ridiculous "tackles" ive ever seen :shock:

Deeneys second was taken like Kaka.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:27 pm

For those who haven't seen the highlights yet:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 379308.stm

That tackle on Jones looks even worse on the highlights. Deeney's second was a delightful finish.

tinned
Site Addict

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Isn't it amazing how different some things look on a replay? The tackle was horrid and definitely a red card but on the day me and my mates were commenting on how late it was. It was nowhere near as late as we thought.

Chomper
UTS Veteran

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:13 pm

Ridiculous tackle. Terribly late and took the other leg. Jones did well to carry on thank goodness.

Three good goals. I'm struggling to work out who our top scorer is this season Byfield, Deeeeeeney or Jones. Not for a few years can I remember having that dilema!

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:09 pm

First game I'd been to for a fair few weeks, and was really impressed. I thought we started well and then kept things professional from that point onwards. We looked to keep the ball on the floor as much as possible, which showed a massive improvement since the start of the season, where all of our play relied on long balls into the corners where we could hope for a defensive error.

I have to admit, I was concerned that they might be too strong for us in midfield when I saw that Bradley and O'Keefe were starting. That doubt was put to bed fairly promptly though, and I thought O'Keefe had a really good game. He got about the pitch well, wasn't scared to go looking for the ball and won his fair share of the second ball. Bradley was the same, except for the perfect ball he played Deeney in with for the third goal.
Byfield was outstanding, Jones plays like a proper winger should, and the back four looked a really solid unit.

I have to admit, I do have some minor concerns such as what happens if Byfield can't play, what's gone wrong with Weston's distribution, and our lack of squad depth however as the points keep rolling in there's probably not much need to show too much concern.

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season