Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

F A Cup 1st round Stourbridge (A) Saturday 7/11/09. KO 1pm

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
SaddlerCraig
UTS Veteran

Re: F A Cup 1st round Stourbridge (A) Saturday 7/11/09. KO 1pm

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:24 pm

tinned wrote:
SaddlerCraig wrote:Deeney wasn't dreadful but he was below par for sure today.

Met Troy's Dad on the train back to Brum (top bloke by the way) and he said he would be talking to Troy because "his head was somewhere else".

Yeah i've met him briefly once and i've met Troy at the training ground once or twice when filming there is a good bloke and a laugh. He did seem a bit off and toward the end a bit disheartened but glad his dads there to help him out.

I thought i'd imagined Kinsella glad someone else saw him I thought i'd gone mad for a second :)

Speaking of former walsall people what about dickie dosh and Luton his style of play must of changed from when he managed us

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:45 pm

Banksy wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Banksy wrote:Deeney worse than Sansara and Richards?? Are you serious. We know Deeney isnt the most skillful player in the world but with decent service he will get goals and unlike Richards doesnt bottle tackles and has respect fort the people that pay money to watch him every week.

It's an opinion, my opinion. I have nothing against him as a man, he obviously tries his best. I think he believes the hype that he is actually a footballer, when in reality he has no idea about being a center forward. He should watch Byfield and see his movement off the ball. Deeney's is none existant. I could run around chasing balls all afternoon, and genuinely care about the result, doesn't mean I would be good enough. Deeney isn't good enough, in my opinion that is.

Of course he isn't one of the boo boys like Richards.

I respect your opinion even though i think its a load of testicles

So Deeney's movement is good? Could've fooled me.

The reason Deeney isnt one of the boo boys is becasue he tries, Richards was booed yesterday because he is a complete bottle job, i respect your opinion blazing infact you are one of the most amusing posters on here but Deeney is one of our better players all be it in a very average team.

Richards is bad, but he got booed on several occasions for other players mistakes yesterday.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:19 pm

i dont want to berate the manager as he has got us 4 points off the play offs and safely through to the next round but my god he has no idea does he.

his tactics and team selection is baffling and the late substitions are ridiculous.
whats the point of making changes with 5 or 6 mins to go when they should have been made at least 15/20 mins earlier

matt richards seemed very low on confidence and should have a spell in the reserves but its not as though we are awash with many replacements.

byfield and jones just looked pure quality on the pitch and its so obvious that we would be less than ordinary without these 2 players.
i think jones is a must to start every match as he offers so much down the wing and he cuts in well and he can shoot and score unlike deeney and parkin.

all in all an enjoyable day but i agree with another poster on here that it lacked some atmosphere and even with 500 walsall fans it didnt seem like the years gone by.
i think the soul of the fans has been taken away and it really shows.
glad were away again in cup as bankss is like a morgue and is really an unejoyable experience these days like were just going through a routine.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 pm

SaddlerCraig wrote:Speaking of former walsall people what about dickie dosh and Luton his style of play must of changed from when he managed us

He'll soon knock the goals out of them. 1-0 wins all the way, woo!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
SaddlerCraig wrote:Speaking of former walsall people what about dickie dosh and Luton his style of play must of changed from when he managed us

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Wins!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 pm

wednesburysaddler wrote:matt richards seemed very low on confidence

I can't imagine why....hang on...perhaps its because his own fans boo him and blame him for everything, even things that aren't his fault. He's tat but that aint gonna help.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:26 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
wednesburysaddler wrote:matt richards seemed very low on confidence

I can't imagine why....hang on...perhaps its because his own fans boo him and blame him for everything, even things that aren't his fault. He's tat but that aint gonna help.

I agree... he even gets booed when other send crap passes to him.

SaddlerCraig
UTS Veteran

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

:mrgreen:
he didnt look happy to many goals in1 match for him :D

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season