Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Exeter City (H) League 1 Saturday 17/10/09

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Re: Exeter City (H) League 1 Saturday 17/10/09

Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 am

PJD wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
mel58 wrote:I went for a coffee after 25 minutes - to the kiosk at the far end of the 64446 Stand - only to be told they had sold out. When I told the bloke sitting next to me he remarked that they had none when he asked before the kick-off!! What's that all about?

None in the Stadium Suite kiosk before kick-off either, mel. We're obviously ordering stock as we need it. Freeze-dried coffee and powdered milk in plastic containers is hardly a perishable commodity, is it? Oh, and no "Yorkies".

Non in the FTG middle before the game either. Had to make do with a cup of PG tips. Tea with powdered milk! Yeeeuuuughhh!

No burgers in the FTG lower before the game either.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:01 am

priestley_saddler wrote:No buggers in the FTG lower before the game either.

More evidence of falling attendances.

:mrgreen:

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 am

King Crimson wrote:
priestley_saddler wrote:No buggers in the FTG lower before the game either.

More evidence of falling attendances.

:mrgreen:

Now that's just childish! Maybe you spend too much time with kids! :D

Banksy
UTS Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:41 am

[quote="Duke"] d.

Worried about Gilmrtin i have a lot more confidence in him than i do Ince .

Are you mad? Our defence for the 1st time since i can remember looked really solid when Ince came on, he organises and talks to them unlike Rene. Clayton Ince came and claimed everything they put in our box taking pressure of the back four. Jones was superb shows what a clown our manager really is when he has been sat on the bench how many weeks before MK, special mention for Mattis though i dont think were seeing the best of him because hes holding a crud midfield together but he was fantastic saturday.

White and Red Neck
UTS Regular

Location: "In a Land of Cavaliers and Cotton Fields that was the Old South....."

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:48 am

Highlights from where I was sitting were three cracking goals, the appearance at half time of Ray Graydon and.....the chocolate caramels my daughter brought with her. A definate improvement in the second half (half of which Exeter were down to 10 men)but overall , not very good. The Sunday paper I player rating I saw gave Bradley '6' and Jones '5'!!! Mattis' performance in midfield stood out because he reached the dizzy heights of average.

motty
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:22 am

White and Red Neck wrote:Highlights from where I was sitting were three cracking goals, the appearance at half time of Ray Graydon and.....the chocolate caramels my daughter brought with her. A definate improvement in the second half (half of which Exeter were down to 10 men)but overall , not very good. The Sunday paper I player rating I saw gave Bradley '6' and Jones '5'!!! Mattis' performance in midfield stood out because he reached the dizzy heights of average.

Agreed and i hope hutchings gives ince a chance now i feel so much more at ease when we have a keeper who comes out and collects the ball from crosses etc.

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 am

Jockey
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:57 am

Im not afraid to say it but I was quite emotional when Ray came onto the pitch and im glad that it meant so much to him.

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Jockey wrote:

Im not afraid to say it but I was quite emotional when Ray came onto the pitch .

me too

Bernie
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm

caught_u_red_handed wrote:Agreed and i hope hutchings gives ince a chance now i feel so much more at ease when we have a keeper who comes out and collects the ball from crosses etc.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/10/1 ... s-fitness/

In the E&S we read that Hutchings considers Gilmartin to be the first choice keeper at present. Crazy or what?

Before the match there was a young kid out with Mick Kearns, Clayton and Rene for the goalkeepers' warm-up. He looked as if he was 15 years old and about 5ft 9inches tall. Don't tell me he is our current third choice keeper.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 pm

No he's fourth choice, just behind Mick Kearns.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:49 am

But did they have any Bovril? matches dont seem the same in the cold without a halftime bovril. No yorkies? did you have to make do with a kit kat chunky? its just not the same is it :(

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:42 pm

latviancheese wrote:But did they have any Bovril? matches dont seem the same in the cold without a halftime bovril. No yorkies? did you have to make do with a kit kat chunky? its just not the same is it :(

They had Bovril before the game, Balti pies too although the heaters looked like they were emptying fast. Chris went for two more Bovrils at half-time and returned with them, but he said loads of fans at the kiosks, and a number of the kiosk staff, were complaining that there was no food left.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:06 am

geoffwhiting wrote:
latviancheese wrote:But did they have any Bovril? matches dont seem the same in the cold without a halftime bovril. No yorkies? did you have to make do with a kit kat chunky? its just not the same is it :(

They had Bovril before the game, Balti pies too although the heaters looked like they were emptying fast. Chris went for two more Bovrils at half-time and returned with them, but he said loads of fans at the kiosks, and a number of the kiosk staff, were complaining that there was no food left.

income stream not fully taken advantage of, again. Why do the club continually shoot themselves in the foot this way? It's only a small amount, but even a few extra pies, or coffees, or Yorkies would pay an hours wage to one the casual staff.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 am

Exile wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:

income stream not fully taken advantage of, again. Why do the club continually shoot themselves in the foot this way? It's only a small amount, but even a few extra pies, or coffees, or Yorkies would pay an hours wage to one the casual staff.

It's either bad management or a cash flow crisis. Neither one is particularly good.

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season