Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

MK Dons (A) League 1 Saturday 10/10/09

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Re: MK Dons (A) League 1 Saturday 10/10/09

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Pheasey_Saddler wrote:True, but I do think sometimes people go to games with their minds already made up on certain players or the team itself. They then tend to forget the good bits of the game and just remember every little mistake.

I have been to many games before where I have thought a player has has a decent game only for that player to be slated on this board. Looking at the stats from today though, the possession % is shocking!

Which player do you suspect might be being slated, despite having a decent game?

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:27 pm

philthesaddler wrote:But PS, it's not just fans opinions on here that go against what Salako said, it's also the match stats. We managed one shot on goal Ive read on here, and 27% posession.

Also on WM, they pretty much said we were dreadful in midfield and didnt threaten at all in the 2nd half. There's only Salako that says we were good, mind you, he does spend most of the game with his back to it :lol:

Salako was looking the right way, it must have been most others who watched with their eyes closed, or enjoyed the bar facilities at stadium:mk too much. We had twice as many shots as them, twice as many corners and probably twice as much possession.

Byfield missed an absolute sitter in the first half and hit the post in the second, while they were restricted to two shots on goal in the whole game. It was testimony to the way we played in the first half - and Hutchings' tactics - that MK Dons pulled 10 men behind the ball for most of the second. It was like we were the home team and they were the away side. We couldn't break them down because in that situation we don't have enough skill, the full-backs don't overlap at all and because our delivery from wide is pretty poor.

That said, MK Dons were rubbish today - if that's what qualifies as a promotion contender then this division is awful. We should have beaten them and poor finishing and poor decision-making round the area cost us. A pity, because a lot of what we did was more than decent.

Pheasey_Saddler
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:50 pm

PJD wrote:
Pheasey_Saddler wrote:True, but I do think sometimes people go to games with their minds already made up on certain players or the team itself. They then tend to forget the good bits of the game and just remember every little mistake.

I have been to many games before where I have thought a player has has a decent game only for that player to be slated on this board. Looking at the stats from today though, the possession % is shocking!

Which player do you suspect might be being slated, despite having a decent game?

I personally think Smith last season got very unfair comments as has Parkin this season, on certain occasions. There are probably a few occasions where I think other players have been slated unfairly but that is up to everybody's personal opinion i guess. My point is that I hope people go to each game with an open mind rather than thinking a certain player is rubbish from the start and then looking for every mistake they make so it can be highlighted on this board.

By the way, Salako also said that their keeper pulled of numerous great saves today and should have been named man of the match. This would not indicate that we just had one shot on target.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:51 pm

We go away having been written off, and manage to make one of the real promotion contenders in this division look very ordinary, in the end going down to one unlucky goal.

Can't say I'd not have been happier with a point or three, but it was never a cert, so why the moaning?

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:19 pm

PJD wrote:
moaning saddler wrote:Maybe I was hallucinating, but I'm sure that Byfield missed a gilt-edged chance, Bradley ( yes, Bradley ) then won the ball in their box and forced the keeper into an excellent save, and Bradley ( yes, Bradley again ) had another shot charged down - all in the space of a few minutes after their goal and before half-time.

That was before their goal.

Really :roll:

From Sky Sports - "Teenager Doran skinned full-back Jamie Vincent on the right and crossed low for the unmarked Easter to easily tuck the ball home from two yards. Byfield should have equalised five minutes later when he was denied one-on-one by Gueret."

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 pm

philthesaddler wrote:But PS, it's not just fans opinions on here that go against what Salako said, it's also the match stats. We managed one shot on goal Ive read on here, and 27% posession.

Also on WM, they pretty much said we were dreadful in midfield and didnt threaten at all in the 2nd half. There's only Salako that says we were good, mind you, he does spend most of the game with his back to it :lol:

The statistics you quote are absolute rubbish. But since they fit your agenda, you trot them out as absolute fact. :(

mel58
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:42 pm

MK were poor today and there for the taking. Their goal was simplicity itself; Vincent was totally exposed and easily beaten, I'm suprised MK didn't focus more on him.
Byfield's 1:1 with Geuret seemed unmissable - one of those where it appears harder to hit the keeper than put the ball in the net.
His shot on to the post in the second half was a good effort. I don't think he could have worked the opportunity any better given the angle he had.
Jones was disappointing - I take the point others have made that he had little in terms of service - but I was hoping that, unlike Nicholls last week, he'd have the guile and experience to improvise a little rather than plough the same furrow up and down the pitch.
Bradley has taken a lot of stick in recent weeks but I think he had his best game for a while today. I appreciate that improving on his recent performances would not be difficult but I feel he began to show some form today.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:53 pm

We've lost so far away to Charlton and MK Dons and at home to top of the league, so at least when we lose we lose to the promotion favourites. The only exception is Hartlepool, until we start losing everyweek to all the teams lower down the league i dont think we should be as negative as we are. IF and its a big IF we can start beating all the teams around us and below the playoffs, we might have a sneaky punt at the top 10 ourselves. Early doors yet.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Sadders wrote:We've lost so far away to Charlton and MK Dons and at home to top of the league, so at least when we lose we lose to the promotion favourites. The only exception is Hartlepool, until we start losing everyweek to all the teams lower down the league i dont think we should be as negative as we are. IF and its a big IF we can start beating all the teams around us and below the playoffs, we might have a sneaky punt at the top 10 ourselves. Early doors yet.

Excellent post.
Life is fantastic afterall. :roll: :roll: :roll:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:14 pm

We ay got no pace, thus we are crap. If you got no pace, you need to be able to pass, and we cant. We hoof.

UTS Legend

Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:58 am

moaning saddler wrote:

The statistics you quote are absolute rubbish. But since they fit your agenda, you trot them out as absolute fact. :(

The 27% possession I quoted (which Phil quoted) was at HT. (A little hard to believe, yes.)
By the end of the game, the BBC had it as follows:
Possession 46% Shots on target 1 Shots off target 2
MK shots on target 4, off target 1.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:16 am

Exile wrote:We go away having been written off, and manage to make one of the real promotion contenders in this division look very ordinary, in the end going down to one unlucky goal.

Can't say I'd not have been happier with a point or three, but it was never a cert, so why the moaning?

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Sadders wrote:We've lost so far away to Charlton and MK Dons and at home to top of the league, so at least when we lose we lose to the promotion favourites. The only exception is Hartlepool, until we start losing everyweek to all the teams lower down the league i dont think we should be as negative as we are. IF and its a big IF we can start beating all the teams around us and below the playoffs, we might have a sneaky punt at the top 10 ourselves. Early doors yet.

Excellent post.

I think it is. I didn't go and you didn't go, but I think my post is much more of a FACT than yours...
Of course, I'm open to persuasion, so if you could possibly justify your sarcastic "life is fantastic" [rolleyeyes] comment, I'm sure we'll all feel grateful for having learned something at the hearth of the sheffmeister....

windowman
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:56 am

we played decent yesterday,looked really good at times mostly first half, if we could put the ball in the net when we are on top we would blow away 80% of teams in this division

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 am

Wow - Sheff having an opinion on a game he didn't see.

I day see that one coming.

ShyTallKnight
Glitterati

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:58 am

SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Excellent post.

Fool

dler

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:06 am

Exile wrote:We go away having been written off, and manage to make one of the real promotion contenders in this division look very ordinary, in the end going down to one unlucky goal.

You're new to this board aren't you?

:lol:

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:20 am

I thought that was mandatory on UTS now ????

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:28 am

tape66 wrote:

I thought that was mandatory on UTS now ????

CLUELESS! GENERIC MOAN AT EVERYTHING!

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:39 am

We were well worth atleast a point despite being poor yesterday (that says something about the Dongs). Hutchings should have injected abit of pace (Nicholls) instead of taking Jones off for Till. Jones should have stayed on and Nicholls should have come on for Richards and then we should have got them two to run at MK. But Hutchings is clueless and brought Till on who offered nothing.

As for Bradley, he had a 'wierd' game. He seemed to do something good but then make a silly mistake to cancel it out. The one instance, Bradders won the ball well in the middle and drove forward with it. He had several options either side, but he played a poor pass straight to the defender.

a point (possibly even 3) thrown away there which could be crucial come the end of the season.

bleed_red_n_white
Glitterati

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:45 am

Said it before and i'll say it again, Troy Deeney is useless, him & Richards are shocking footballers.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:50 am

http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/ ... pic=176216 .

Semms the dons fans even thought we were worth something from the game.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:09 pm

I also heard Salako on sky he was very complimentary about our performaernce , saying that Denney and Byfield caused porblems all afternoon
the later missing several good chance , and Bradley and Mattis ran the show from midfield for mush of the game.

Guess some people see the game differently to others .

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Wyrley_saddler wrote:We were well worth atleast a point despite being poor yesterday (that says something about the Dongs). Hutchings should have injected abit of pace (Nicholls) instead of taking Jones off for Till. Jones should have stayed on and Nicholls should have come on for Richards and then we should have got them two to run at MK. But Hutchings is clueless and brought Till on who offered nothing.

As for Bradley, he had a 'wierd' game. He seemed to do something good but then make a silly mistake to cancel it out. The one instance, Bradders won the ball well in the middle and drove forward with it. He had several options either side, but he played a poor pass straight to the defender.

a point (possibly even 3) thrown away there which could be crucial come the end of the season.

Yes that summed up his performance in a nutshell. He did really well to win the ball and then gave it away softly.

I'm a big fan of Bradley and I'd love him to do well, but he just passed the ball to the opposition vitually every time he got it in the second half. I'd love to be able to report that he'd had a great game, he just didn't. There's no agenda, it's just the way I saw it.

Also I don't think sacking the manager is a good idea either. We just don't need the disruption. Give him a season (as long as we don't fall below mid table) and then decide.

mel58
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:24 pm

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Wow - Sheff having an opinion on a game he didn't see.

I day see that one coming.

Alright then stupid.
Which post did I comment on THE GAME?

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Exile wrote:

SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Excellent post.

I think it is. I didn't go and you didn't go, but I think my post is much more of a FACT than yours...
Of course, I'm open to persuasion, so if you could possibly justify your sarcastic "life is fantastic" [rolleyeyes] comment, I'm sure we'll all feel grateful for having learned something at the hearth of the sheffmeister....

Shut up you total idiot.
If you rad my post thicko, you will see life is fantastic.
I am sure you can even see that in your country.
Idiot.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:43 pm

Nice to see that Simple can argue with reason and tact.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Nice to see that Simple can argue with reason and tact.

Just like you then twerp.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:46 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Nice to see that Simple can argue with reason and tact.

Just like you then twerp.

Bless - wake up mardy from your afternoon nap then?

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Just like you then idiot.

Bless - wake up mardy from your afternoon nap then?

You are just a complete and utter idiot.
Just get a life you stupid prat.

PreviousNext
Return to 2009-10 Season