Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

MK Dons (A) League 1 Saturday 10/10/09

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Re: MK Dons (A) League 1 Saturday 10/10/09

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:11 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:We will see. A-U-P.

Is that a rhyme? Send me a letter if you can do better than you did with Wendy. Well much better really cos you've gotta get a postcode.

yes, you will see.
AUP and all that

I'm sure you know that the AUP doesn't bother me. I wouldn't want to see you banned - you're too much fun to me.

dler

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Sadders wrote:http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=176216 .

Semms the dons fans even thought we were worth something from the game.

So we 'largely outplayed' the Dons. The Indie and Sky seem to think we played well. Odd that it takes two 'non-saddlers' to make that point. Or should I say 'non-UTSers'?

Sorry to butt in SS**** & FBiG****. Enjoy your lovers tiff.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:18 pm

dler wrote:
Sadders wrote:http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=176216 .

So we 'largely outplayed' the Dons. The Indie and Sky seem to think we played well. Odd that it takes two 'non-saddlers' to make that point. Or should I say 'non-UTSers'?

Thank you, I did.

In the sense of being nice and not mentioning the t-word. I agree that it's odd how the game was viewed by pundits and fans alike.

Glad to see your namecalling is original though...

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:48 pm

dler wrote:

"fair play we were cack and had Walsall not been cacker we would have lost 2-1"

"Walsall were poor and should have been put to the sword but a 1-0 win keeps the show on the road"

Sounds like they were really impressed with us!

The Indy and the Sky reports were the same as any comments made on here, Walsall dominated the early on and after MK scored faded away, with Byfield having a couple of chances.

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:52 pm

PJD wrote:
dler wrote:

"fair play we were cack and had Walsall not been cacker we would have lost 2-1"

"Walsall were poor and should have been put to the sword but a 1-0 win keeps the show on the road"

Sounds like they were really impressed with us!

The Indy and the Sky reports were the same as any comments made on here, Walsall dominated the early on and after MK scored faded away, with Byfield having a couple of chances.

Why stop the truth getting in the way to give UTSers a good kicking? :roll:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:56 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:We will see. A-U-P.

Is that a rhyme? Send me a letter if you can do better than you did with Wendy. Well much better really cos you've gotta get a postcode.

yes, you will see.
AUP and all that

I'm sure you know that the AUP doesn't bother me. I wouldn't want to see you banned - you're too much fun to me.

That's enough from both of you, please. Get a room or take it to PM, just don't clog the board up.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Im saddlerad on FF. Actually there was some positive comments " walsall deserved at least a point maybe more" " walsall are hard to play against". Not all doom and gloom.

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:47 pm

PJD wrote:
moaning saddler wrote:
PJD wrote:
moaning saddler wrote:Maybe I was hallucinating, but I'm sure that Byfield missed a gilt-edged chance, Bradley ( yes, Bradley ) then won the ball in their box and forced the keeper into an excellent save, and Bradley ( yes, Bradley again ) had another shot charged down - all in the space of a few minutes after their goal and before half-time.

That was before their goal.

Really :roll:

From Sky Sports - "Teenager Doran skinned full-back Jamie Vincent on the right and crossed low for the unmarked Easter to easily tuck the ball home from two yards. Byfield should have equalised five minutes later when he was denied one-on-one by Gueret."

Really :roll:

So where is "Bradley then winning the ball and forcing the keeper into an excellent save"?

I think you'll find that it was immediately after the Byfield miss.

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/MatchRep ... 19,00.html

Relieved that I wasn't hallucinating. I can only presume that you were taking an extended bog break at the time. :roll:

bleed_red_n_white
Glitterati

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:55 pm

Well i went to the game and i think we deserved a point atleast, we should of scored when Byfield hit the post, he missed a one on one too.

windowman
UTS Legend

Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:54 am

so much joy from some, we were not that bad as some are making out, draw at minimum, may be more , up the saddlers,

Previous
Return to 2009-10 Season