Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Huddersfield (H) League 1 Tuesday 29/9/09

Reports and reaction from the 2009-10 season as Walsall finished 10th in League 1
Banksy
UTS Veteran

Re: Huddersfield Tuesday 29th September

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 pm

I know we won but all that did was paper over the cracks. Jones has got to start Richards offers nothing to that team, Bradley hasnt been the same player since Dicky Dosh left and Hutchings is tactically inept. As for all the praise being reaped on Rene for last nights game well he didnt do anything wrong but he didnt do anything you wouldnt expect a goalkeeper to do, personally would much rather have Ince in goal.

adjisaddler
Glitterati

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:47 pm

im happy with that result :)

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Banksy wrote:I know we won but all that did was paper over the cracks. Jones has got to start Richards offers nothing to that team, Bradley hasnt been the same player since Dicky Dosh left and Hutchings is tactically inept. As for all the praise being reaped on Rene for last nights game well he didnt do anything wrong but he didnt do anything you wouldnt expect a goalkeeper to do, personally would much rather have Ince in goal.

I was waiting for that about rene from you :lol:

Rene was top draw last night banks ... Came out well under pressure ... made decent saves when he had to .... made one world class block which stopped it from going 2-2 ... His kicking was excellent ... He won it for us and it can't be denied. Why play Ince who rolls the ball out to opponents and cant kick?

Banksy
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:57 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Banksy wrote:I know we won but all that did was paper over the cracks. Jones has got to start Richards offers nothing to that team, Bradley hasnt been the same player since Dicky Dosh left and Hutchings is tactically inept. As for all the praise being reaped on Rene for last nights game well he didnt do anything wrong but he didnt do anything you wouldnt expect a goalkeeper to do, personally would much rather have Ince in goal.

Rene was top draw last night banks ... Came out well under pressure ... made decent saves when he had to .... made one world class block which stopped it from going 2-2 ... His kicking was excellent ... He won it for us and it can't be denied. Why play Ince who rolls the ball out to opponents and cant kick?

Calyton did that once mate, just look at the goals from Hartlepool rene is not as good as Ince and I think Hutchings should be picking our best eleven which means Bradley and Richards go aswell. I think you will find Mattis and Hughes won us that game, Hughes about 3 times put in goal saving last ditch tackles. As for Rene im not a hater of him and ive got nothing against him but you can tell he is no good when people heap praise on him for catching corners that are straight down his throat.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Banksy wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

Calyton did that once mate, just look at the goals from Hartlepool rene is not as good as Ince and I think Hutchings should be picking our best eleven which means Bradley and Richards go aswell. I think you will find Mattis and Hughes won us that game, Hughes about 3 times put in goal saving last ditch tackles. As for Rene im not a hater of him and ive got nothing against him but you can tell he is no good when people heap praise on him for catching corners that are straight down his throat.

I usually agree with what you say banks but I really do think you have something against him! If Ince played like Rene last night you and many others would heap praise on him. Just because he didn't do a camera save nobody understands. As for the catches from corners right down his throat ... one corner huddersfield had about 6 players around rene yet he still got up well and quickly got the ball out for an attack. And his kicking from a dead ball and in play was superb. I expect more from a good keeper like yourself :wink: Im disapointed :lol:

Banksy
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:16 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Banksy wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

I usually agree with what you say banks but I really do think you have something against him! If Ince played like Rene last night you and many others would heap praise on him. Just because he didn't do a camera save nobody understands. As for the catches from corners right down his throat ... one corner huddersfield had about 6 players around rene yet he still got up well and quickly got the ball out for an attack. And his kicking from a dead ball and in play was superb. I expect more from a good keeper like yourself :wink: Im disapointed :lol:

Its because im a half decent goalkeeper myself I know about these things,regardless of how many players are around him he's well over 6 foot and has the advantage of being able to use his hands! Do you have Irish in you or something Scott you seem to have a thing for Rene?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Banksy wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
Banksy wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

Its because im a half decent goalkeeper myself I know about these things,regardless of how many players are around him he's well over 6 foot and has the advantage of being able to use his hands! Do you have Irish in you or something Scott you seem to have a thing for Rene?

Nope no irish in me what so ever... Do you just hate the irish? ... And i don't have a thing for rene .... You just have a thing against him! Nothing you say adds up about him. Why cant you just praise him once in a while? You did the same with manny now look at him! I declare myself out of this debate now :D

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:19 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
ShyTallKnight wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
fensaddler wrote:Well b****r me sideways. Sheff will be so miserable - nothing to moan about. It'll be quiet on here tonight, all the trolls will be hiding under their stones. Up to 10th, and 2 points off the play offs, and a home win - and against Huddersfield! Who'da thought it?

We beat a team who had scored 1 goal in last 3 games. And totalled 2 points in last 9.
They have worst away record of top 11.
There as bad as us.
Anything but a win would have been a shocking result.

Fool

I am afraid all my statements are true, your the fool I am afraid!

:roll: you do chat some rubbish dont you.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:35 pm

matt-thesaddler wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
ShyTallKnight wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
fensaddler wrote:Well b****r me sideways. Sheff will be so miserable - nothing to moan about. It'll be quiet on here tonight, all the trolls will be hiding under their stones. Up to 10th, and 2 points off the play offs, and a home win - and against Huddersfield! Who'da thought it?

We beat a team who had scored 1 goal in last 3 games. And totalled 2 points in last 9.
They have worst away record of top 11.
There as bad as us.
Anything but a win would have been a shocking result.

Fool

I am afraid all my statements are true, your the fool I am afraid!

:roll: you do chat some rubbish dont you.

He's doesn't chat rubbish because it's all fact ... He just doesn't take in mind that hudderfield are the top scorers in the league and they have very good players ... which of last night looked very average. He also can't see anything in a positive light and he comes across as a pretty miserable individual

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Cheers Geordie.

Sheff. Clap. fudge. Clap.

If you were there you would've heard no Hutching's chants and to be honest not a lot else. Any chants were directed at the team.

I even got my Albion mate to pay some of the money off that we owe Bonser (to the tune of a fiver ticket and a couple of lagers.)

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Cheers Geordie.

Sheff. Clap. jolly well. Clap.

If you were there you would've heard no Hutching's chants and to be honest not a lot else. Any chants were directed at the team.

I even got my Albion mate to pay some of the money off that we owe Bonser (to the tune of a fiver ticket and a couple of lagers.)

But Gary, you miss a significant point (as usual)!

Money paid into the club = money into Bonser pension fund.
Money paid out of the club = money on the debt of Walsall FC.

Now Gary, I am sure someone even as dim as you can see were the problem is.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Money paid into the club = money into Bonser pension fund. Up to the tune of £350k p.a.

Is the bit you should've put in but you're an idiot.

My idea is to tot that total up pretty quick so we can get the coot out of here.

You miss points like I miss The Big Match Live.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:05 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:

The main problem is that you're wrong.

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

As usual :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

The main problem is is that he's a complete idiot - getting things wrong while thinking he is right is just a by-product :wink:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Come on now, really, who the f*** is barry?

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

I am quite correct, just look at the accounts why dont you?

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:50 pm

matt-thesaddler wrote:
Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Your like a little lap dog :lol: :lol: :lol:
CLAP CLAP CLAP!

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:06 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
matt-thesaddler wrote:
Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Your like a little lap dog :lol: :lol: :lol:
CLAP CLAP CLAP!

Laughing at your self again :roll:

How Chelsea doing tonight Sheff?

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:29 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Yup. Just looked. Turnover of £6m, rental payment of £350k. So, "money paid into club used for Bonser's pension fund" = £350k; "money paid into club used for other things" = £5.65m.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Yup. Just looked. Turnover of £6m, rental payment of £350k. So, "money paid into club used for Bonser's pension fund" = £350k; "money paid into club used for other things" = £5.65m.

And the increasing debt? You seemed to have missed that!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:44 pm

When is the last time you went to a Walsall game Sheff , been to the Bridge yet ?

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:55 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:And the increasing debt? You seemed to have missed that!

Well what else is going to happen when the playing budget stays the same but gate receipts plummet?

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:14 am

Bristol Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:And the increasing debt? You seemed to have missed that!

Well what else is going to happen when the playing budget stays the same but gate receipts plummet?

The increase in debt was happening way before gate receipts started to go down! FACT!

Pedro
UTS Legend

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Is FACT your new word Simon ?

:D

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Great win against one of the fancied teams in the divison. I couldn't give a crap if it was a bad performance, we needed a result after the poor display on Saturday and we got one. Onwards and upwards, please Walsall.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7cPsfCz_Mo[/youtube]

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:17 pm

Nice one Phil, thanks for posting that.

Bernie
UTS Legend

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:43 pm

The highlights are now on the BBC site. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 283945.stm

From those you can see that:

Deeney was definitely fouled when clear through - and instead of Deeney being booked the defender should have had a straight red for denying a clear goal opportunity.

Their goal was offside - although Vincent was once again lagging back behind the other three of our back four and the forward was only just offside when the ball was passed to him.

That means three of the last four goals against us have been caused by the other team beating our offside trap - usually with the help of the linesman. That is the trouble with an offside trap, even if our players get it right there is no guarantee that the linesman will not get it wrong.

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:04 pm

In the second half we got caught about 2 or 3 times by trying to play the offside trap.

PreviousNext
Return to 2009-10 Season