Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Tranmere Rovers (H) League 1 Saturday 11/4/09.

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Re: Tranmere Rovers (H) League 1 Saturday 11/4/09.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:49 pm

King Crimson wrote:
bleed_red_n_white wrote:
windowman wrote:probs a hard time for antnee,he lost family 20 yrs ago,weve all seen it on tv

I thought it was quite bad we dint have a minutes silence, that must of annoyed him, probably syked him up for the game abit.

I'd imagine that league games on Monday will have one if they think it apt. That's the closest to 15th April. So there may be a minutes silence at Stockport. :idea:

I hope so. I think every match should have one to show respect for the 96 people who died inorder for football to become safer to watch for everyone. I was abit disspointed in the club for not having one on saturday, especially as we were playing a team near Liverpool with fans who were probably affected by the tragedy.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Wyrley_saddler wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
bleed_red_n_white wrote:
windowman wrote:probs a hard time for antnee,he lost family 20 yrs ago,weve all seen it on tv

I thought it was quite bad we dint have a minutes silence, that must of annoyed him, probably syked him up for the game abit.

I'd imagine that league games on Monday will have one if they think it apt. That's the closest to 15th April. So there may be a minutes silence at Stockport. :idea:

I hope so. I think every match should have one to show respect for the 96 people who died inorder for football to become safer to watch for everyone. I was abit disspointed in the club for not having one on saturday, especially as we were playing a team near Liverpool with fans who were probably affected by the tragedy.

Monday is closer to the anniversary though

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:12 pm

Those that argue that Gerrard doesn't trust Rene are missing the fact that Gerrard has never trusted Ince. The amount of spats they've had are testament to that.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:12 am

I dont think there was much communication going on between Gilmartin and his defence to be honest, hell learn to make his voice heard.

As for Gerrard and ince, they used to have their spats even when we were on a clean sheet record... :lol: , lovers tiff. I think its more to do with the
fact Gerrard wants to be in the way of everything, and stop the ball going anywhere near the goal.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:00 am

latviancheese wrote:I don't think that there was much communication going on between Gilmartin and his defence, to be honest. He'll learn to make his voice heard.

As for Gerrard and Ince, they used to have their spats even when we were on a clean sheet record... :lol: , lovers tiff. I think that it's more to do with the fact that Gerrard wants to be in the way of everything, and stop the ball going anywhere near the goal.

All defenders prefer "bossy" goalkeepers who take total control of their penalty-areas. It saves them having to think, you see (never a defender's strong point! :D ). Gilmartin isn't quite there, yet, but, hopefully, it will come with time. In the case of of Gerrard and Ince, I get the impression that it runs a little bit deeper than "just a tiff".

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:10 am

Pedagogue wrote:
latviancheese wrote:I don't think that there was much communication going on between Gilmartin and his defence, to be honest. He'll learn to make his voice heard.

As for Gerrard and Ince, they used to have their spats even when we were on a clean sheet record... :lol: , lovers tiff. I think that it's more to do with the fact that Gerrard wants to be in the way of everything, and stop the ball going anywhere near the goal.

All defenders prefer "bossy" goalkeepers who take total control of their penalty-areas. It saves them having to think, you see (never a defender's strong point! :D ). Gilmartin isn't quite there, yet, but, hopefully, it will come with time. In the case of of Gerrard and Ince, I get the impression that it runs a little bit deeper than "just a tiff".

we will see on 3rd MAy when they all have a drink in them :mrgreen:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Gerrard obviusly doesnt like anyone shouting at him.

Just seen the goal, it was a poor goal to concede, though gilmartin could of done better, but it would of been 2 or 3 nil if it wasnt for him anyway. Still think westons challenge let snoko get past far too easily.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:13 pm

latviancheese wrote:Still think westons challenge let snoko get past far too easily.

Happened far too many times this season from our well paid experienced "I'm better than Walsall" defender.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
latviancheese wrote:Still think westons challenge let snoko get past far too easily.

Happened far too many times this season from our well paid experienced "I'm better than Walsall" defender.

I blame them flashy white boots. He must of got them at arsenal.

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:54 am

latviancheese wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

I blame them flashy white boots. He must of got them at arsenal.

Ha ha ha he must of got them at arsenal very funny

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:08 am

Big Baz & Latvian - please, please, please, guys, it's

"... must have...", not "... must of...".

Similarly for "should have", "could have", etc.

Pedagogue, acting as agent for Sir Geoffrey Whiting, whose favourite solecism this is.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Pedagogue wrote:Big Baz & Latvian - please, please, please, guys, it's

"... must have...", not "... must of...".

Similarly for "should have", "could have", etc.

Pedagogue, acting as agent for Sir Geoffrey Whiting, whose favourite solecism this is.

Thank you Pedagogue, quite right too!

May I also highlight a few more "ludicrosities" that are creeping into members' posts. I would welcome your assistance in helping me to wipe out these oddities, which are further evidence that some people don't understand the meanings of the words they use.

1. been as - should read "being as", or just plain "as".

2. for the time been - should read "for the time being".

3. maze well - should read "may as well".

There are more, but a little at a time Pedagogue, a little at a time! :(

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:21 am

geoffwhiting wrote:1. been as - should read "being as", or just plain "as".

Has been. :mrgreen:

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:16 am

Okay pedagogue and whiting just pick on big baz because i havent grasped the english language aswell as you two university educated fellows :wink: . I wait for the both of them to tear this post apart for its " poor use of grammer" 8)

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:29 am

big baz 1 wrote:Okay, pedagogue and whiting just pick on big baz because i havent grasped the english language aswell as you two university educated fellows :wink: . I wait for the both of them to tear this post apart for its " poor use of grammer" 8)

As if we'd ever mess with Big Baz! :D :D

However, if you want your post torn apart - here goes:-
1) Proper nouns (which include personal names), such as 'Pedagogue', 'Whiting', 'English' and 'Big Baz', should begin with a capital letter.
2) The first person singular pronoun is 'I', not 'i' (capital letter).
3) It's 'haven't', not 'havent' (missing apostrophe)
4) 'aswell' should be two words, 'as well' (I assume that's just a "typo").
5) It's 'grammar', not 'grammer'.

P.S. Geoff isn't "university educated". He went straight into the money grabbing business! :D

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Yow got the jist of it day ya?

Previous
Return to 2008-09 Season