Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 28/2/09.

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Re: Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 28/2/09.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Yeovil were ordinary, and we made them look very, very poor. Good, solid performance, only broken up by the odd flash of excellence from our lads, who seem to be 'clicking' now. With perhaps Weston in for Palmer, that is just about our best eleven. Interestingly, all those who figured have been here all season. One wonders what we may have done with this reasonable, but not exceptional, squad had we been managed more effectively from August. Rumblings I've heard are that the players are much happier now that an aura of professionalism has returned to the club. Long may that continue.

Good performances throughout the team. The highlights for me were the improvement in Smith, the tenacity of Mattis, the industry of Deeney and the attitude of Ricketts.

All did well though. Shame there weren't a few more there to see it.

bangsection
Site Addict

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Here's an interesting stat. That's the first time we've won a game at odds on (i.e. starting the game as strong favourites) in our last six attempts. Just goes to show how poor we had become at home under Mullen. The belief is back and we are now beating teams like Northampton and Yeovil that we should be beating.

Here's another interesting stat. The only teams above us in the table who have taken more points in the last eight games are Leicester, Southend and Leeds. Meanwhile, Millwall, Stockport and Huddersfield are all wobbling while Peterborough lost at home for the second time in three games today. And we meet another team who seem to be struggling with the pressure, on Tuesday night. A result at Bescot Mk1 and things could get even more interesting.

Atomic Rooster
UTS Veteran

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Really enjoyed todays game we are playing as a team.We can even keep a clean sheet with one centre half mattis had a great second half, deeney is just gatting better and better with confidence, i think hughes had is best game in a walsall shirt,i never thought i would say that smith is looking a good prospect

SWS1

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Ricketts.

Berbatov looks lazy off the ball - or even on it sometimes - but watch him carefully and his football brain, skills and canny anticipation mean that he's sooo effective.

Michael Ricketts: WALSALL'S Dmitir Berbatov!!
:D

SWS1

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Ricketts.

Berbatov looks lazy off the ball - or even on it sometimes - but watch him carefully and his football brain, skills and canny anticipation mean that he's sooo effective.

Michael Ricketts: WALSALL'S Dmitir Berbatov!!
:D

SWS1

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 pm

Berbatov: Bet he's not much cop at centre half!! :D

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:
tape66 wrote:2-1 or 1-0 to the Saddlers cor decide.

Pinnacle to be found outside the Banks''ss''ss''s promoting Asian homosexual love week.

this is a slur and a personal attack on me ! mods, admins, are you going to uphold my complaint ?
or go along with the clique ?
message to tape 66....like me or loathe me....you are bang out of order :(

The words can dish it out, but can't take it spring to mind. No, the complaint will not be held, as if you were a regular reader of the board you'd know tape often puts jokey comments on the match thread about all posters. They are just that jokes.

just a joke for you, a personal attack on me ?
glad you find it so amusing.
i had not even posted on this topic, so there was no reason whatsoever that TAPE66 should have a go at me other than his personal spite and hatred. that i can cope with, appeasement from the so called mods and admins, that i find a bitter pill.
one of YOUR members is bang out of order, you know it , i know it. i have sent a PM to him asking for an apology.............no reply as yet
i am also a member so i should be protected from vile slurs on my character.
i should'nt be the uts police, thats what you are supposed to do. i may have opinions that differ from most on here, but dont tar me with the same brush that you use on pleck saddler and the like.
i have been wronged and expect my opinions to be dealt with fairly.
messrs TAPE66 was bang out of order and i expect you to deal with it as you would any other user.

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:11 am

PINNACLE wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

Pinnacle to be found outside the Banks''ss''ss''s promoting Asian homosexual love week.

this is a slur and a personal attack on me ! mods, admins, are you going to uphold my complaint ?

The words can dish it out, but can't take it spring to mind. No, the complaint will not be held, as if you were a regular reader of the board you'd know tape often puts jokey comments on the match thread about all posters. They are just that jokes.

i had not even posted on this topic, so there was no reason whatsoever that TAPE66 should have a go at me other than his personal spite and hatred. that i can cope with, appeasement from the so called mods and admins, that i find a bitter pill.
one of YOUR members is bang out of order, you know it , i know it. i have sent a PM to him asking for an apology.............no reply as yet
i should'nt be the uts police, thats what you are supposed to do. i may have opinions that differ from most on here, but dont tar me with the same brush that you use on pleck saddler and the like.
messrs TAPE66 was bang out of order and i expect you to deal with it as you would any other user.

Wasnt going to even comment on this but seen as i have been mentioned, why not !
Pinnacle i do agree with MMF's quote that tape66 and others post guano about match prediction, and dont get me wrong a lot are quite funny, but ....... i do 110% agree with yourself that it is a personal insult towards yourself and i do agree that it looks like one rule " for the clique " and one rule for the normal poster. I too mate get belittling comments off the " wisdom " few, but dont bite ! Example, English working thread, drifting off the board, bought back up for one of the select few to try to have a sly dig at myself ! If the c**k twangers has nowt better to do then carry on. I have a life away from the keyboard, like yourself, but unlike some losers on here !!!

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:15 am

PINNACLE wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

Cool it Pinnacle. Im sure TAPE didnt mean anything by it. JUst pretend it was aimed at me. I would just laugh at it, or imagine me actually doing it! Asian love week... MMmmm

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 am

swiftyboy wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

Cool it Pinnacle. Im sure TAPE didnt mean anything by it. JUst pretend it was aimed at me. I would just laugh at it, or imagine me actually doing it! Asian love week... MMmmm

if people dont mean anything by it.......... simple.......... dont say it..
still waiting for UTS mods and admins opinion..........bet it wont go my way

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:43 am

[quote="PINNACLE"
if people dont mean anything by it.......... simple.......... dont say it..
still waiting for UTS mods and admins opinion..........bet it wont go my way[/quote]

Wouldn't hold your breath Pinnacle, you will die of lack of air first before the " clique " are bought to rights mate

walsallscotg

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:44 am

people can say what they bloody well like and if you cant take a joke why dont you just get off the site! A JOKE IS A JOKE, I get jokes aimed at me about the way i look and the way i am and its only a JOKE! i laugh and move on! I know we are different but society is full of people like you who get offended by small jokes like this! Its jst pathetic!

Why did pinnacle cross the road? to get to the other side and promote ballamory merabilia!

does that offend you!
Is that a personal attack!

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:50 am

walsallscotg wrote:people can say what they bloody well like and if you cant take a joke why dont you just get off the site! A JOKE IS A JOKE, I get jokes aimed at me about the way i look and the way i am and its only a JOKE! i laugh and move on! I know we are different but society is full of people like you who get offended by small jokes like this! Its jst pathetic!

Why did pinnacle cross the road? to get to the other side and promote ballamory merabilia!

does that offend you!

And what a knob jockey you are scotg !!!! Try actually reading the personal insult aimed at Pinnacle ! Then maybe post a bit more adult like !!!
If you had actually bothered reading before you actually registered you would have realised that Pinnacle is like myself, had different persona's on here but because his views wasnt in with the "clique" he was banned, like myself !!!
And i will do pedagogo's job for him, if you are going to have a go mate, at least put the "u" in just will you !!

Why didnt scotg cross the road ?
Cos there was a school opposite !!!!

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:37 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

A comfortable, if not thrilling performance today. Two more well taken goals, looking more solid at the back as weeks go on and playing the ball around well throughout the team. Funny how I was mocked for suggesting a few weeks ago that we should bring Smith in at centre half and Weston in at right back (before hi got injured) because that would solve our only weakness right now.

Smith was solid again. Not bad for a useless kid who'll never make it, if you listen to the knee jerk reaction fans.

Other mentions to Zaaboub, Deeney and I thought Mattis played well also. Keep this run going and if the results go our way it could get interesting.

PINNACLE wrote:just a joke for you, a personal attack on me ?

What an interesting person you are Pinnacle, I have highlighted a few words of yours just to show that fact.
So explain to me how I have "Had a go at you". Is there anything wrong with being Asian or a Homosexual or indeed In Love?, Oh and I have included the PM you sent to me, funny as I can't see you asking me for an apology, but I do detect a little threat there :wink:

Pinnacle, grow up, get a life and don't be so pathetic.

THE PM
PINNACLE wrote:asian homosexual love week ?
think its clever to take the pee out of me in a post do you ?
got no one else to try and ridicule this week with your narrow minded opinions ?
dont push your luck "mate"

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:37 am

Oh and good game today :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:14 am

Happy with a win, and no problem with Tape66's post from my point of view. Guess that means I'm part of the clique - the 'get a sense of humour' clique.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:15 am

I thought Hughes did all the simple stuff really well. We bossed the midfield, which gave us domination, pretty much from the start to the final whistle.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:57 am

I think we are due a loss, so the match threads can get back to slagging bonser off, instead of Asian gay love. :D

Good win, which I did not attend (terrible fan alert) Good stuff, see where we are after two tricky away games.

Up the Saddlers

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:10 am

I thought the first half was dull, but much improved in the second. Ricketts was frustrating in the first half - but did what was asked of him in the second half well. Deeney is a changed man, amazing what a new manager and a few goals can do. Nicholls took his goal excellently after a great "hoof" upfield from Palmer was sent into the box from Zaboob.

Oh, and I am in the "have a sense of humour" clique too - sorry Pinnacle.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:13 am

pleck_saddler wrote:
walsallscotg wrote:people can say what they bloody well like and if you cant take a joke why dont you just get off the site! A JOKE IS A JOKE, I get jokes aimed at me about the way i look and the way i am and its only a JOKE! i laugh and move on! I know we are different but society is full of people like you who get offended by small jokes like this! Its jst pathetic!

does that offend you!

And what a knob jockey you are scotg !!!! Try actually reading the personal insult aimed at Pinnacle ! Then maybe post a bit more adult like !!!
If you had actually bothered reading before you actually registered you would have realised that Pinnacle is like myself, had different persona's on here but because his views wasnt in with the "clique" he was banned, like myself !!!
And i will do pedagogo's job for him, if you are going to have a go mate, at least put the "u" in just will you !!

Why didnt scotg cross the road ?
Cos there was a school opposite
!!!!

Re-read what you have just written about Walsallscotg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are acusing him of being childish :mrgreen:

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:29 am

Exile wrote:Happy with a win, and no problem with Tape66's post from my point of view. Guess that means I'm part of the clique - the 'get a sense of humour' clique.

i have got a great sense of humour, you have to, to be on here and read some of the b******s you and your mates post
this must be one of the worst fans forum sites about. you treat it like your own personal little cluband you dont want anyone on here who's opinions differ.
pathetic.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:33 am

PINNACLE wrote:
Exile wrote:Happy with a win, and no problem with Tape66's post from my point of view. Guess that means I'm part of the clique - the 'get a sense of humour' clique.

i have got a great sense of humour, you have to, to be on here and read some of the b******s you and your mates post
this must be one of the worst fans forum sites about. you treat it like your own personal little cluband you dont want anyone on here who's opinions differ.
pathetic.

If you hate it so much, why come on. :?:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:33 am

I thought Ince had very little to do and, one 'flap' aside early on, thought he commanded his area well. Another clean sheet. Well done.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:38 am

PINNACLE wrote:this must be one of the worst fans forum sites about

How about trying the others and seeing how well you get on with their regulars? I think you'd fit in brilliantly at Vital Walsall, but given that most of your time is off topic, perhaps NMFE might work for you. Then again, if you're looking for the antithesis of UTS, then maybe Walsall Mad... Still think you're a Vital person though. That or Teamtalk.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:13 am

Smith and Deeney have had a lot of unfair stick on here , 2 youngest first season in the first team .

Useless , never make it as a player , waste of time are some comments often posted on here .

Just goes to show what young players given time , a run in the side , playing in their prefered postitions and working with a proper coach and manager can achieved .

the future is looking very bright

UTS

PT
Site Addict

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:15 am

Really enjoying watching us at the moment. The four attacking players provide "edge of seat" entertainment with a mixture of pace and know-how. Doesn't always come come off but in most games now their exciting link-up is providing some really well worked and finished goals.

We've gone from a team that was nearly all about percentage football to one that mixes percentage and precision in just about the right proportion.

The work rate of the whole team is top-notch and youth/experience partnerships are flourishing all over the park.

As others have said, Smith & Deeney are back from the brink an no doubt benefitting from the know-how of the players aound them.

I don't think we can get into the play-offs this year, satrting the season at the end of January doesn't give you the best chance, but things are looking bright. A couple of hundred more folk than anticipated to see it as well. Let's hope we can all keep moving forward.

adjisaddler
Glitterati

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 am

bang on - 2-0 woop woop

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Enjoyable day. Eyebrows were raised when Ricketts went to centre half, and I thought it was going to be a long half hour, and after the first minute hic-cup in his new role, he did well there on in. A big decision for the manager, and it worked.

Pinnacle, tape's post was in jest. Believe me he dosn't hate anyone.

King Crimson - :lol: . You crack me up fella.

tape66
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:Enjoyable day. Eyebrows were raised when Ricketts went to centre half, and I thought it was going to be a long half hour, and after the first minute hic-cup in his new role, he did well there on in. A big decision for the manager, and it worked.

Pinnacle, tape's post was in jest. Believe me he dosn't hate anyone.

King Crimson - :lol: . You crack me up fella.

Apart from the following:

Sean Paul, Cameron Diaz, Leona Lewis and the French.

Jockey
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:19 pm

I actually enjoy watching Walsall again!! Cheers Mart and Htutch.

If Mullen had played Zabooub on the left and Deeney upfront who knows he still might be here???....OK maybe not. Hutch has brought back the fight that this club has been after for about 7 months. A few times yesterday I saw a couple of players throw themselves infront of the ball, somehow I got the feeling that they wouldnt have if Mullen was still here. Gerrard, Hughes, Zabooub and Deeney look like they have a new lease of life.

My only concern (if there is one) is the fact that Gerrard could be out for Tuesday and Hutch seems confident of putting Ricketts there?!!! He was very flat footed and slow against a poor Yeovil side so I worry how he will cope with Hooper and co.

PreviousNext
Return to 2008-09 Season