Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 28/2/09.

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Re: Yeovil Town (H) League 1 Saturday 28/2/09.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:King Crimson - :lol: . You crack me up fella.

:D

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:48 pm

walsallscotg wrote:people can say what they bloody well like and if you cant take a joke why dont you just get off the site! A JOKE IS A JOKE, I get jokes aimed at me about the way i look and the way i am and its only a JOKE! i laugh and move on! I know we are different but society is full of people like you who get offended by small jokes like this! Its jst pathetic!

Why did pinnacle cross the road? to get to the other side and promote ballamory merabilia!

does that offend you!
Is that a personal attack!

shut the fudge up, or learn to spell (merabilia) another quality post by one of UTS'ers finest
you could never offend me, you are not clever enough.
personal attack.......... whatever
between all of you, you have managed to turn a match report into a (lets put down a bloke who we dont really like because he is not one of us)
joke (lets get him mates)
i may be a bit over sensitive, but TAPE66 started this, not me !
apology and a warning from mods and admins for the user who started this will do just fine
otherwise i can insult and castigate anyone on here (just as long as i say its only a joke) and all is well
you really are such a weal on the face of my beloved WFC
SUPPORTERS, FANS, not you lot obviously

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Jockey wrote:I actually enjoy watching Walsall again!! Cheers Mart and Htutch.

If Mullen had played Zabooub on the left and Deeney upfront who knows he still might be here???....OK maybe not. Hutch has brought back the fight that this club has been after for about 7 months. A few times yesterday I saw a couple of players throw themselves infront of the ball, somehow I got the feeling that they wouldnt have if Mullen was still here. Gerrard, Hughes, Zabooub and Deeney look like they have a new lease of life.

My only concern (if there is one) is the fact that Gerrard could be out for Tuesday and Hutch seems confident of putting Ricketts there?!!! He was very flat footed and slow against a poor Yeovil side so I worry how he will cope with Hooper and co.

He should be ok, inside information says he was only taken off as a precaution.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:28 pm

PINNACLE wrote:shut the **** up, or learn to spell (merabilia) another quality post by one of UTS'ers finest

HEADLINE: PINNACLE in offensive language shocker

PINNACLE wrote:you could never offend me, you are not clever enough.

:lol: Those in glass houses

PINNACLE wrote:between all of you, you have managed to turn a match report into a (lets put down a bloke who we dont really like because he is not one of us) joke (lets get him mates)

Too many brackets there to make much sense of that line but from the gist of it I think you'll find it's you who has ruined this thread with your sausage like thin skin as tape makes such comments on all match threads, and nobody complains. Spot the over sensitive one out.

PINNACLE wrote:apology and a warning from mods and admins for the user who started this will do just fine

No apology and consider yourself warned for starting this.

PINNACLE wrote:otherwise i can insult and castigate anyone on here (just as long as i say its only a joke) and all is well
you really are such a weal on the face of my beloved WFC SUPPORTERS, FANS, not you lot obviously

Regular match goer are you? Why, then don't you take the chance to meet everyone you are so offended by so you will see the nature in which this fun is intended. Feel free to pop into the Saddlers Club and make yourself known or in the Upper Tier at half time, so you can be part of the clique.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:03 pm

One last thought from me. I smiled at a female Yeovil fan in The Saddlers Club and she just glared at me. So I'm glad they went home with nothing :x

walsallscotg

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:30 pm

pleck_saddler wrote:
walsallscotg wrote:people can say what they bloody well like and if you cant take a joke why dont you just get off the site! A JOKE IS A JOKE, I get jokes aimed at me about the way i look and the way i am and its only a JOKE! i laugh and move on! I know we are different but society is full of people like you who get offended by small jokes like this! Its jst pathetic!

Why did pinnacle cross the road? to get to the other side and promote ballamory merabilia!

does that offend you!

And what a knob jockey you are scotg !!!! Try actually reading the personal insult aimed at Pinnacle ! Then maybe post a bit more adult like !!!
If you had actually bothered reading before you actually registered you would have realised that Pinnacle is like myself, had different persona's on here but because his views wasnt in with the "clique" he was banned, like myself !!!
And i will do pedagogo's job for him, if you are going to have a go mate, at least put the "u" in just will you !!

Why didnt scotg cross the road ?
Cos there was a school opposite !!!!

hahahahahahahaha im childish because i can take a joke, nothing will offend me at all haha, And im sorry but i dont go to school anymore, or college, infact iv finished my education, good joke though!

Your are pathetic and there is nothing that can change that, maybe you need councilling?

walsallscotg

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:36 pm

PINNACLE wrote:

does that offend you!

shut the **** up, or learn to spell (merabilia) another quality post by one of UTS'ers finest
you could never offend me, you are not clever enough.
personal attack.......... whatever
between all of you, you have managed to turn a match report into a (lets put down a bloke who we dont really like because he is not one of us)
joke (lets get him mates)
i may be a bit over sensitive, but TAPE66 started this, not me !
apology and a warning from mods and admins for the user who started this will do just fine
otherwise i can insult and castigate anyone on here (just as long as i say its only a joke) and all is well
you really are such a weal on the face of my beloved WFC
SUPPORTERS, FANS, not you lot obviously

is that meant to make me feel sympathetic towards you? Your pathetic, i could offend you easily but i wont because im not on here for that, i just gave my opinion of you, i can say what the hell i like and you cant change that, if you dont like this site then never sign on here again , or come back on once you have a sence of humour (may take a while)

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:54 pm

walsallscotg wrote:
pleck_saddler wrote:

does that offend you!

And what a knob jockey you are scotg !!!! Try actually reading the personal insult aimed at Pinnacle ! Then maybe post a bit more adult like !!!
If you had actually bothered reading before you actually registered you would have realised that Pinnacle is like myself, had different persona's on here but because his views wasnt in with the "clique" he was banned, like myself !!!
And i will do pedagogo's job for him, if you are going to have a go mate, at least put the "u" in just will you !!

Why didnt scotg cross the road ?
Cos there was a school opposite !!!!

hahahahahahahaha im childish because i can take a joke, nothing will offend me at all haha, And im sorry but i dont go to school anymore, or college, infact iv finished my education, good joke though!

Your are pathetic and there is nothing that can change that, maybe you need councilling?

Well i suggest you consider night classes or something mate because you are quite illiterate :lol:

Another example of your ability to be illiterate ! I can take a joke mate same as i can give it out as much, but when it's a personal attack on another poster then it isnt a joke ! As i found out under one of my previous names ! I was banned for it so why hasnt the same justice been given out this time ?

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:06 pm

pleck_saddler wrote:why hasnt the same justice been given out this time ?

(a) it wasn't a personal attack
(b) it was nothing to do with you

Case closed.

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:12 pm

Exile wrote:
pleck_saddler wrote:why hasnt the same justice been given out this time ?

(a) it wasn't a personal attack
(b) it was nothing to do with you
Case closed.

Oh but it does when my name is mentioned and i havent even been posting lately !!! Look it up and you will see i am clearly mentioned my friend :roll:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Ah, found it, after much searching. Who'd have thought it would be on page 1 of the same thread, eh?

tape66 wrote:2-1 or 1-0 to the Saddlers cor decide.

Pinnacle to be found outside the Banks''ss''ss''s promoting Asian homosexual love week.

pleck_saddler who wishes his name were Pinnacle wrote:Look it up and you will see i am clearly mentioned my friend

Nope, sorry, can't see where you're 'clearly mentioned', unless you're Asian and homosexual.

Zippy
Glitterati

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:03 pm

PINNACLE wrote:just a joke for you, a personal attack on me ?
glad you find it so amusing.
i had not even posted on this topic, so there was no reason whatsoever that TAPE66 should have a go at me other than his personal spite and hatred. that i can cope with, appeasement from the so called mods and admins, that i find a bitter pill.
one of YOUR members is bang out of order, you know it , i know it. i have sent a PM to him asking for an apology.............no reply as yet
i am also a member so i should be protected from vile slurs on my character.
i should'nt be the uts police, thats what you are supposed to do. i may have opinions that differ from most on here, but dont tar me with the same brush that you use on pleck saddler and the like.
i have been wronged and expect my opinions to be dealt with fairly.
messrs TAPE66 was bang out of order and i expect you to deal with it as you would any other user.

Exy, I can see where Pleck was mentioned. I have highlighted it for you.

I don't wish to get involved in this, but just wanted to be fair in that Pleck was mentioned.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:22 pm

The pleasing thing in terms of a report of yesterday's game is that my report wouldn't differ very much from the previous few. Consistency has really become a valued trait at the club and that's why we've been able to see a change in fortune.

At the start of the second half, I had a slight concern that we were being dragged down to their level, and were going through the motions as a result. That soon changed however, as we stepped things up a bit and got our rewards.
It's unreal to see the change in Deeney's performances. I thought he was man of the match yesterday. His hold-up play was good, he won his headers and took his goal really well. The drastic improvement in his confidence means that he's got that bit extra bottle in front of goal, which is paying dividens.

Without wanting to make a point of ending on a negative note, Palmer was still poor I thought. It's just a good job they weren't good enough to exploit his weaknesses and we're now accustomed to managing his frequent mistakes.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:11 am

Really good performance.

Manny is growing in stature every game, he's really starting to find his feet. Hughes and Mattis battled away in midfield, and Zaboob, despite not having his crossing boots on for most of the game, played well.

It's so useful to have 2 attacking outlets on the wings, because it takes the pressure off the rest of the team. The old addage, attack is the best form of defence. If Zaboob or Nicholls is running at them, our defence can relax, safe in the knowledge the ball wont be coming straight back at them.

Deeney played well again, but for me the M.o.t.M was Nicholls, he worked tirelessly, and scored a great goal.

Personally I'd drop Ricketts now for a game, Jabos been very unlucky to find himself 2nd choice, and we need to keep both Ricketts and Jabo on their toes.

Like some one has already said, it makes you wonder what we could have done with this squad had the moron Bonser not appointed Muppet.

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:01 am

Zippy wrote:
i had not even posted on this topic, so there was no reason whatsoever that TAPE66 should have a go at me other than his personal spite and hatred. that i can cope with, appeasement from the so called mods and admins, that i find a bitter pill.
one of YOUR members is bang out of order, you know it , i know it. i have sent a PM to him asking for an apology.............no reply as yet
i should'nt be the uts police, thats what you are supposed to do. i may have opinions that differ from most on here, but dont tar me with the same brush that you use on pleck saddler and the like.
messrs TAPE66 was bang out of order and i expect you to deal with it as you would any other user.

I don't wish to get involved in this, but just wanted to be fair in that Pleck was mentioned.

Thank you Zippy. You obviously read posts, like myself, and dont neglect to ignore the ones you dont like ! Exile springs to mind !!!!

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 am

pleck_saddler wrote:
Zippy wrote:

But reading that, shouldn't your gripe be with Pinnacle?

Just a thought.

Thank you Zippy. You obviously read posts, like myself, and dont neglect to ignore the ones you dont like ! Exile springs to mind !!!!

Four Oaks Saddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 am

WFC_Rob wrote:Without wanting to make a point of ending on a negative note, Palmer was still poor I thought. It's just a good job they weren't good enough to exploit his weaknesses and we're now accustomed to managing his frequent mistakes.

I agree. His inability to tackle or head a ball luckily didn't cost us. In fact, throughout the first half, they seemed to be targetting Boertien with every goal kick / long ball being punted out to their right. Had they done the same against Palmer, they probably would've had more joy.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:18 pm

2-1 or 1-0 to the Saddlers cor decide.

Pinnacle to be found outside the Banks''ss''ss''s promoting Asian homosexual love week.

Why-oh-why was I not connected with Asian homosexual love week?

I have had dealings with many Asian homosexuals. Many dealings. I am the most qualified to comment on this score and I DEMAND that the author of this monstrosity is punished by the mods and administors of this horrible, horrible site.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Sorry, Saigon. Now you put it like that I see the problem.

We'll do all we can to ensure you receive true recognition for your outstanding talent in the field of Asian homosexuals, but we understand your relationships are of a more fleeting nature than the terms 'love' or 'week' would generally cover. Case dismissed.

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Exile wrote:Sorry, Saigon. Now you put it like that I see the problem.

We'll do all we can to ensure you receive true recognition for your outstanding talent in the field of Asian homosexuals, but we understand your relationships are of a more fleeting nature than the terms 'love' or 'week' would generally cover. Case dismissed.

Phew ! I was getting worried there.

SWS1

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:51 pm

I think...

the original comment was unnecessary, gratuitous and could be perceived as offensive

the comment, and some subsequent posts, could be perceived as cyber-bullying

no offence was intended by the original comment, which was probably intended to be humorous

the person referred to appears to be over-sensitive and too easily upset and should have ignored the comment

moderators ought to have done something about it, rather than joining in

this is supposed to be a thread about a FOOTBALL MATCH

this should be the last word on the matter

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:52 am

SWS1 wrote:I think...

the original comment was unnecessary, gratuitous and could be perceived as offensive

no offence was intended by the original comment, which was probably intended to be humorous

the person referred to appears to be over-sensitive and too easily upset and should have ignored the comment

thank you

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 am

PINNACLE wrote:

thank you

Now I'm confused - wasn't "matter" supposed to be the last word?

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 am

Right-ho. My two-penneth:

Many posts on here fall into all three of those categories. As stated by tape66 earlier, there is nothing offensive per se in suggesting that someone may promote Asian homosexuality.

SWS1 wrote:the comment, and some subsequent posts, could be perceived as cyber-bullying

Using the 'could be perceived' line is again fuzzy and nebulous. Every one of these 'Evo to drink coke', 'tinned to sing "One Jimmy Mullen" thingies could fit your definition again, if one was of a particular mindset.

SWS1 wrote:no offence was intended by the original comment, which was probably intended to be humorous

Tape has made that clear, and numerous others who've posted similar, and been on the receiving end of similar can also see this as clear as day.

SWS1 wrote:the person referred to appears to be over-sensitive and too easily upset and should have ignored the comment

That's an opinion that 'could be perceived' by those reading the thread, and subsequent posts would seem to confirm this as a popular view.

SWS1 wrote:moderators ought to have done something about it, rather than joining in

Posts are moderated that breach the AUP ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8875 ). It is at the discretion of mods/admin to apply the AUP as the owner sees fit. Any poster can report a post to have it scrutinised more closely. This was not done here. Mods/admin. are posters too, and have a right to post on any topic they see fit - the same AUP applies to their posts as everyone else's. They are posters first, mods etc. second.

SWS1 wrote:this is supposed to be a thread about a FOOTBALL MATCH

I agree. And you'll notice my subtle attempts to indicate this by having the audacity to refer to the match periodically. This would, like any other thread in this forum, have remained a thread about the match had Pinnacle not seen fit to complain on this thread, rather than via PM or reporting the post using the feature mentioned above.

SWS1 wrote:this should be the last word on the matter

Why? Because it's your's? :wink:

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:12 am

PJD wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

thank you

No. "This" was. :wink:

saddlerken
Site Addict

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 am

villa are cack and have lost their bottle, they will finish 6th or maybe 9th, please comment

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:22 am

saddlerken wrote:villa are cack and have lost their bottle, they will finish 6th or maybe 9th, please comment

:D

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 am

Plastic Hawk wrote:
PJD wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

thank you

Ah I think I see now - but I was confused because it was followed by another eight words :D

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:33 am

PJD wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:
PJD wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:

thank you

Ah I think I see now - but I was confused because it was followed by another eight words :D

In fairness, SWS1 only said that "this" should be the last word on the matter, not that it actually was. Maybe that explains the following eight words.

How about I try to close the subject so that we can get back to talking about the match (very professional, well organized performance by the way: makes you wonder just where we could have been with these players and a competent manager for the whole season)? Here we go:

This.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 am

Plastic Hawk wrote:This.

I agree.
:twisted:

PreviousNext
Return to 2008-09 Season