Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Tranmere Rovers (A) League 1 Sunday 28/12/08.

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Re: Tranmere Rovers (A) League 1 Sunday 28/12/08.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:30 pm

ShropsSaddler wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:A totaly predictable outcome. I'd been expecting it, so strangely I couldn't feel too disappointed when the news came through, more just a feeling of resignation I guess.

If there's any positive to be taken, it's one more game nearer the sacking of this Mullen clown - and that's all ! :evil:

Whilst I too was on the edge of my seat for the last few minutes and knew the second the goal horn went on WM that we'd lost.......was the "totally predictable outcome" the same as us "inevitably" losing at Cheltenham and against Stockport? :wink:

What is it with you Shrops? You seem to go looking for my posts just to have a go back at me every time.

OK, for a change we didn't concede against a poor Cheltenham side, unexpectedly IMHO, and every report I've heard and read about the Stockport match says we shouldn't have got away with a win. Now search me out and have ago every time if you like, but are you one of the very few that don't recognise that we were awful in that game and did NOT merit the win? So yes, I predicted a defeat (or was it a draw first time I predicted) and it was only by tremendous luck that I wasn't right on that occasion.

Now can I please safely be allowed to predict we'll lose at Carlisle (if the game is played) without you stalking me all over the bloody message board?

Happy New Year by the way mate! :lol: :lol:

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:35 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
ShropsSaddler wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:A totaly predictable outcome. I'd been expecting it, so strangely I couldn't feel too disappointed when the news came through, more just a feeling of resignation I guess.

If there's any positive to be taken, it's one more game nearer the sacking of this Mullen clown - and that's all ! :evil:

Whilst I too was on the edge of my seat for the last few minutes and knew the second the goal horn went on WM that we'd lost.......was the "totally predictable outcome" the same as us "inevitably" losing at Cheltenham and against Stockport? :wink:

What is it with you Shrops? You seem to go looking for my posts just to have a go back at me every time.

OK, for a change we didn't concede against a poor Cheltenham side, unexpectedly IMHO, and every report I've heard and read about the Stockport match says we shouldn't have got away with a win. Now search me out and have ago every time if you like, but are you one of the very few that don't recognise that we were awful in that game and did NOT merit the win? So yes, I predicted a defeat (or was it a draw first time I predicted) and it was only by tremendous luck that I wasn't right on that occasion.

Now can I please safely be allowed to predict we'll lose at Carlisle (if the game is played) without you stalking me all over the bloody message board?

People like Shrops have to weed out and highlight even the smallest point that might just help them continue in their "everything is fine" delusions. It's much easier than fully admitting the deep doo doo we're currently in.

Happy new year to all (even happy clappers like Shrops :mrgreen: )

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:01 am

tinned wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
ShropsSaddler wrote:

People like Shrops have to weed out and highlight even the smallest point that might just help them continue in their "everything is fine" delusions. It's much easier than fully admitting the deep doo doo we're currently in.

Happy new year to all (even happy clappers like Shrops :mrgreen: )

Yeah, bet he's a really nice guy though, he certainly stalks me very politely! 8)

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:38 pm

10 all !
Tinned to dance naked with Mullen :mrgreen:

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:20 pm

walsallfan4eva wrote:Not a bad performance i dont think off our boys be ok tho if we could play 85 mins instead of 90 but lets get behind the team and manager instead of shoutin abuse at them

Were you watching the same game as me? We were complete and utter tosh. Most the time we struggled to put 3 passes together, so resulted into hoof ball once again.

walsallfan4eva wrote:Hows about get off their back and be propper fans and get behind the team

I think everyone is behind the team, just not the manager. I don't think there are maby fans who doubt that we have a good squad (lacking a little bit in terms of depth) but the 'leader' of the squad (Mullen) is a complete and utter moron.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Ok then Neil,dont forget DD had his detractors too,he was responsible for me and my 3 lads (and many more) losing interest,with his dismal,dour,boring style,and didn't make many friends with his outbursts against the people who were paying his wages,lets compare them at the end of the season,i'd be very suprised if there were more than 6 points (2 wins) in it.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:01 am

sid swifty wrote:Ok then Neil,dont forget DD had his detractors too,he was responsible for me and my 3 lads (and many more) losing interest,with his dismal,dour,boring style,and didn't make many friends with his outbursts against the people who were paying his wages,lets compare them at the end of the season,i'd be very suprised if there were more than 6 points (2 wins) in it.

Personally Sid I'd be surprised if there are less than 12-15 points in it, unless JB does a complete U-turn and allows some players to be signed.

Let's wait and see mate. :)

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:54 am

sid swifty wrote:Ok then Neil,dont forget DD had his detractors too,he was responsible for me and my 3 lads (and many more) losing interest,with his dismal,dour,boring style,and didn't make many friends with his outbursts against the people who were paying his wages,lets compare them at the end of the season,i'd be very suprised if there were more than 6 points (2 wins) in it.

Judging by the crowds it looks like Mullen's hoof is turning more people off than Money's dour style...

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:21 am

I'd be quite willing to compare them at the end of the season, if Mullen gets Gerrard and Weston sold from under his feet and Ricketts either leaves or is out injured for the rest of the season (equivalent to last season's losing of Dann, Fox and Ricketts in January). I suspect the comparison will then be the position we finished under Money, compared with relegation.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Exile wrote:

Judging by the crowds it looks like Mullen's hoof is turning more people off than Money's dour style...

Not really like with like though Exile,there is even more bad feeling against JB,we now have a credit crunch,and i know a lot of people who have just got out of the habit due to a mixture of JB,PM,DD,JM,and of course selling Fox and Dan.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Exile wrote:

It is simply because of the fact that people want to see their football team winning matches.
As I've said before, I loved Richard Money and his tenure as manager because I went to games with the feeling that we were always likely to come away with a point or 3. For me, that's how I want to be feeling every week, regardless of whether we play thrilling, edge-of-your-seat stuff.
Not only is Mullen's style of football much worse (or non-existent, actually), but we're not getting results either. That's what's unacceptable in my book.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:16 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Exile wrote:

It is simply because of the fact that people want to see their football team winning matches.
As I've said before, I loved Richard Money and his tenure as manager because I went to games with the feeling that we were always likely to come away with a point or 3. For me, that's how I want to be feeling every week, regardless of whether we play thrilling, edge-of-your-seat stuff.
Not only is Mullen's style of football much worse (or non-existent, actually), but we're not getting results either. That's what's unacceptable in my book.

I agree

Duke
Site Addict

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:29 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Exile wrote:

spot on Rob.

ShropsSaddler
Glitterati

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about you Geoff :lol:

Happy new year to you as well. I'll be on the lookout for the next "inevitable" or "predictable" posting :twisted:

geoffwhiting wrote:
ShropsSaddler wrote:

Previous
Return to 2008-09 Season