Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hereford United (Away) League 1 Saturday 4/10/8

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Re: Hereford United (Away) League 1 Saturday 4/10/8

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Willy Nilly wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:Reading the reports, money kept in pocket = RESULT!

I suppose that depends what you look for in terms of an away game experience.

Yeah, I spent a few quid today and the game itself, as I've already said, was disappointing. To me, though, away games are about much more than just the game.

Had another great day out with some good friends, met yet another poster off here (caught u red handed - nice to meet you btw, curh), saw some familiar faces in the crowd and had brief chats with a few of them. Had a good laugh - mainly at Big Baz's expense :lol: , found another ideal pub for any future away games at Hereford and generally made the most of getting out for the day.

Football match ticket. £14

Transport and refreshments (off-set by contributions by friends who travelled with me). Approx. £30

Overall experience. Priceless.

So, a result for me, too. :wink:

i agree, had a great day out and loved some of BIG BAZ'S sayings today(well ours but he just agreed) .. you had too much big baz beers didnt u baz!
ALSO .. got recognised by a man in the pub, as the girl who drunk the bar dry with all the shorts last time we played them :oops: :P
oh well, all in all, a great day, and another point gained!
UTS!!!

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Ned_Kelly wrote:
Graydon48 wrote:The game was summed up after about 10 seconds.
Ball passsed back to Palmer who slices it into touch That seemed to set the tone for the rest of the game.
In fact from that point we should have all gone home we wouldn't have missed anything.

Hindsight is a dangerous thing. It's all about living the dream, even in the last seconds of injury time you can still get that winner

Yep but we didn't did we.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Dire game, dire ground,dire performance. Too much hoof ball. Looked good at the back, although they didnt really threat. Palmer's set piecse were poor, and ricketts was generally poor although as with ricketts, he had our best chance in the first half, when he turned out of nothing. Shouts to jabo who put it all in again & taundry. Hughes i didnt realise was playing until the 25th minute when he gave the ball away. Mattis, gerrard,boertien,roberts,jabo,ince,taundry our best players. Nicholls crud,hughes and ricketts poor, palmer awful.

Hereford are going down, the never looked like scoring, however in bruno n 'gotty and their other centre back, they have power and bustle, i wouldn't imagine them going to easy with thoose their.

Fantastic away following, 1200 +, noisy as always.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:43 pm

I've tried to think about this without Walsall Tinted Glasses, but how come in 1st half when Jabbo was fetched down when he would have had a clear run on goal a freekick was given but no card. Red was borderline because I'm not sure if he was last defender but at the very least it should have been yellow.
2nd half Mattis brings their guy down on halfway line so there was plenty of cover between attacker and goal, ref is waving yellow card before he reaches Mattis.
Mattis was a yellow but why not their player ist half ?

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:59 pm

Didnt enjoy the ground or the game.

Did enjoy meeting YGAsaddler and Saigonsaddler. Both top guys

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:36 pm

What was that 2nd half "performance" all about? Dreadful :oops:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:25 am

At least we dya lose, i couldnt stand losing to that bunch of farmer YGA's with a worse ground than Darlaston

Dynamo Zuffle
UTS Legend

Location: In the white room with black curtains near the station.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:07 am

We ended up playing at their level yesterday instead of stepping up to the standards that we have been playing latterly.

The game seamed to drag on for ever as if it was the land that time had forgot and looking at their stadium I think it had!!

I felt that wee huffed and puffed a lot without creating anything. I also felt that as soon as Nichols had gone off we lost all shape and composure and looked like a bunch of strangers yesterday.

I think we can safely say that even this early in the season we have found one of the four teams that will be relegated this season as Hereford offered nothing in attack and I feel that they will be turned over many times by teams in this division.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 am

clean sheet and a point is always welcome away from home albeit against a struggling team , who by all accounts performances are better than results suggest.
The next to homes games are vital with Leicester and Leeds away to follow .

UTSS

Winston Smith
UTS Regular

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:32 am

Don't know which was more interesting.

The kids playing footy with a plastic bottle or the one attempt at 'One Step Beyond'?

Oh yes Walsall drew 0-0

bleed_red_n_white
Glitterati

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:48 am

Some peoples comments on here are ridiclious, up until this we've won 3 on the bounce, were by no means going to win everygame, we didnt perform well at all but NEVER looked in any real trouble, puttin aside the chance we had to clear off the line, which was inces fault anyhow, were away from home and got a result and moved one place in the table and the support are coming back. UTS

Winston Smith
UTS Regular

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:11 am

bleed_red_n_white wrote:Some peoples comments on here are ridiclious, up until this we've won 3 on the bounce, were by no means going to win everygame, we didnt perform well at all but NEVER looked in any real trouble, puttin aside the chance we had to clear off the line, which was inces fault anyhow, were away from home and got a result and moved one place in the table and the support are coming back. UTS

Perhaps some people are stating the obvious and are trying to put a light hearted spin on what was a dull day. :)

UTS

Mike T.
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:13 am

bleed_red_n_white wrote:Some peoples comments on here are ridiclious, up until this we've won 3 on the bounce, were by no means going to win everygame, we didnt perform well at all but NEVER looked in any real trouble, puttin aside the chance we had to clear off the line, which was inces fault anyhow, were away from home and got a result and moved one place in the table and the support are coming back. UTS

Agree with the above - but it was disappointing how we let them boss the second half. They should have scored or at least got the header on target from the chance created by Kris Taylor late on. I wasn't sure how much Clayton's injury seemed to affect the team?

Whatever the problem is - I think he aggravated it with the save at the end of the first half. It took him 5 minutes to leave the field at half time - the ref and the rest of the players had long gone!! I dont think Clayton will be in goal for the paint trophy game on Tuesday.

Impressed with Gerrard and Roberts at the heart of the defence - and as they say a point away is a good point.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:18 am

Thanks for pointing out to me that we are never going to win every game.
After 40yrs watching football I didn't know that..
But that still doesn't stop me posting on here that yesterdays game was like watching paint dry,a truely dull look at your watch every couple of minutes longing for fulltime dire game.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:37 am

Graydon48 wrote:

Thanks for pointing out to me that we are never going to win every game.
After 40yrs watching football I didn't know that..
But that still doesn't stop me posting on here that yesterdays game was like watching paint dry,a truely dull look at your watch every couple of minutes longing for fulltime dire game.

It was dire and an opportunity lost. Call it an off day, but we got an away point with a clean sheet.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:41 am

Why did I go there? That's one of the worst matches I've been to in a while. A void of non-event and non-entertainment.

As a side note, why some negative comments about the ground? There's moaning when we visit a 'soul-less bowl' and there's moaning when we visit a ground with some character. I sometimes think people make comments for the sake of it! :shock:

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 pm

Cowshed wrote:Don't know which was more interesting.

The kids playing footy with a plastic bottle or the one attempt at 'One Step Beyond'?

Oh yes Walsall drew 0-0

definately not them, had my ankles kicked to bits :twisted:

Winston Smith
UTS Regular

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Kiansmom wrote:

Oh yes Walsall drew 0-0

I did clock you with (your :oops: ) Beaver and the diminutive Big Baz1. :D

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:03 pm

Cowshed wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Oh yes Walsall drew 0-0

I did clock you with (your :oops: ) Beaver and the diminutive Big Baz1. :D

I was a little bit drunk :oops:

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:24 pm

caught_u_red_handed wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:Extremely boring game, thought they had scored. from where I was standing it looked like the ball had crossed the line. Only bit of excitement was Beaver catching the pigeon and Big Baz being drunk!

Nice to meet caught u red handed :mrgreen:

anyone know what Federa (sp) was kicked out for?

same to you linda :mrgreen:

also nice to meet mr asps. big baz, yga saddler ned kelly :wink: oldpenkssaddler and willy nilly nice to put a face to a name an it turns out im bigger than big baz :lol:

great day out an will be popping in saddlers club this saturday now!

No you are not bigger than me 8) mate. I proved to every uster i met at hereford that i am without doubt the most electrifying man in uts history . 8)

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:A dull game by the recent standards, Walsall probably the better side, but 0-0 was about right. They battled well without creating much - we had the better chances (mainly from corners) but not much else tro shout about.

Funniest moment, when a certain person realised one of the children he "cares for" at the school he works at may have witness him being a leary drunk who was amorous towards police dogs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still, he made a good fist of it :mrgreen:

It wasnt me

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:49 pm

Willy nilly , rach, kiansmom i love that bloke off the police academy that does the sound effects :wink:

Jockey
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:06 pm

The game wasnt great but we came out of it unbeaten and kept a clean sheet. Good enough for me.

About the day as a whole... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to meet a few off here that I didnt know already

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:15 pm

big baz 1 wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:A dull game by the recent standards, Walsall probably the better side, but 0-0 was about right. They battled well without creating much - we had the better chances (mainly from corners) but not much else tro shout about.

Funniest moment, when a certain person realised one of the children he "cares for" at the school he works at may have witness him being a leary drunk who was amorous towards police dogs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still, he made a good fist of it :mrgreen:

It wasnt me

Me neither

motty
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:25 pm

big baz 1 wrote:
caught_u_red_handed wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:Extremely boring game, thought they had scored. from where I was standing it looked like the ball had crossed the line. Only bit of excitement was Beaver catching the pigeon and Big Baz being drunk!

Nice to meet caught u red handed :mrgreen:

anyone know what Federa (sp) was kicked out for?

same to you linda :mrgreen:

also nice to meet mr asps. big baz, yga saddler,oldpenkssaddler and willy nilly nice to put a face to a name an it turns out im bigger than big baz :lol:

great day out an will be popping in saddlers club this saturday now!

No you are not bigger than me 8) mate. I proved to every uster i met at hereford that i am without doubt the most electrifying man in uts history . 8)

ok big baz you win you win im still taller tha you :D
Last edited by motty on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:39 pm

I am the most electrifying man in uts history 8) Though it was good to meet you mate ,and you are not taller than me :lol:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

big baz 1 wrote:I am the most electrifying man in uts history 8) Though it was good to meet you mate ,and you are not taller than me :lol:

You ay electrifying, I bet Jabo could drink more Big Baz Beer than you

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
big baz 1 wrote:I am the most electrifying man in uts history 8) Though it was good to meet you mate ,and you are not taller than me :lol:

Yes i am and no he couldnt and thanks for slapping my big baz butt at hereford :oops:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 pm

big baz 1 wrote:

Yes i am and no he couldnt and thanks for slapping my big baz butt at hereford :oops:

Everyone likes the odd bum slap, you loved it.

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:06 pm

big baz 1 wrote:

Everyone likes the odd bum slap, you loved it.

Good game good game GARRY

PreviousNext
Return to 2008-09 Season