Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brighton And Hove Albion (A) League 1 Saturday 20/9/08.

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Re: Brighton And Hove Albion (A) League 1 Saturday 20/9/08.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:50 pm

moaning saddler wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:
moaning saddler wrote:A truly superb achievement!

Gutted not to have been there to see it - I've suffered the Withdean "experience" before and wild horses wouldn't drag me there again.

Mullen wore his heart on his sleeve in the WM interview - all credit to him.

Hope there is a decent turnout (5000+) next week - this team deserves it.

Question for the faithful 209 - did you see any mods in Brighton?

Well i know for a fact that MMF and Geoff didn't make it.... I believe Exile is only attending the Carlisle gig.... not sure about the rest of em though

Err, it was a fairly unsubtle pop culture reference for people of a certain age - as in Mod goes off his Rocker in Brighton. :wink:

1 of my most favorite ever films, and now i'm older and wiser i can play spot the soap star when i watch it on dvd these days :wink: :mrgreen:

No need for me to give you the obligatory as Willy spotted this 1st and alerted you to it :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:01 pm

What an awesome performance it sounds like. How we would have crucified Weston and Sansara, however. Hopefully lessons will be learnt, and great to see that Mullen has the time fighting for him after a rocky summer.

Another fine result to add to a very good start. The critics said the way to silence them was to start well. I was a critic in June, and I have been well and truly silenced.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:54 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:
big baz 1 wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:
big baz 1 wrote:Todays result will not get me to go next week , plus i couldnt go even if i wanted to as i am going to old trafford to watch man ure v bolton

And?

And i would rather go to see another team play rather than watch walsall , and wendy its good job for you that you have just called me a baffon

So why claim to be a Walsall fan, thats what I dont understand.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:56 pm

sid swifty wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:
big baz 1 wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:
big baz 1 wrote:Todays result will not get me to go next week , plus i couldnt go even if i wanted to as i am going to old trafford to watch man ure v bolton

And?

And i would rather go to see another team play rather than watch walsall , and wendy its good job for you that you have just called me a baffon

So why claim to be a Walsall fan, thats what I dont understand.
So what would your definition of a walsall fan be then Steve? someone who is "currently" paying to watch them? :?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:40 pm

Seems that's how some of 'em define it Sid. You can't be a fan (and you're apparently STUPID) if you choose not to go.

Don't ya just love some of 'em, it's just like Walsall FC has to be your No 1 priority or else!

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:25 am

I think where Whitti Steve takes exception is where baz claims he'd 'rather go and see another team play rather than watch Walsall'. Its not about going to games at all, its about if you DO choose to attend a match, and Walsall is your team, then Walsall should be the team of preference, shouldn't it?

I have to say, some people on here are extremely touchy and positively infantile about things - especially when results are good. Saturday's result was, given the circumstances, exceptional. I'm quite happy to bask in the reflected glory of the team, and say a big, fat 'well done' to those who made the long, and expensive, journey to back the team.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:57 am

Well i haven't been up this season (and as it stands,dont intend to,nothing to do with Bonsor or any crunch) but if i am allowed to comment,would just like to say,no matter how we played ,what a fantastic result,away from home ,with 9 men,well done Saddlers.... :D

Previous
Return to 2008-09 Season