Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Crewe Alexandra (Away) League 1 Saturday 23/8/08.

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Re: Crewe Alexandra (Away) League 1 Saturday 23/8/08.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:15 pm

tape66 wrote:
Salford_Saddler wrote:Boertien = Cack

That is a bit harsh, I thought he was one of our best player last season.

Yes, and people have short memories. It also took him about 6 or 7 games to start performing well.

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:51 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
tape66 wrote:
Salford_Saddler wrote:Boertien = Cack

That is a bit harsh, I thought he was one of our best player last season.

Yes, and people have short memories. It also took him about 6 or 7 games to start performing well.

Yes the same as Weston *, and people are calling for him to get fit and play.

* I must admit I thought he was crud at the start of last season, but I was pleasantly and totally proved wrong.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Clap clap clap clap clap thats what I've got to say about yesterday

Maybe I'll just slagg the players of and team of even though I never went to the game. Maybe its all Mullen's fault even though we have played 4 games, maybe I'll given the manager a chance and wait to see what happen's once all the players are back

Yes we do need a new centre back, yes Taundry should be playing at right back and yes Bradley should be back in the midfield

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Pedro wrote:Clap clap clap clap clap thats what I've got to say about yesterday

Maybe I'll just slagg the players of and team of even though I never went to the game. Maybe its all Mullen's fault even though we have played 4 games, maybe I'll given the manager a chance and wait to see what happen's once all the players are back

Yes we do need a new centre back, yes Taundry should be playing at right back and yes Bradley should be back in the midfield

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Stop moaning and get behind the lads :wink:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:49 pm

Pedro wrote:Clap clap clap clap clap, that's what I've got to say about yesterday.

Maybe I'll just slag the players off and the team off, even though I never went to the game. Maybe it's all Mullen's fault even though we have played 4 games, maybe I'll give the manager a chance and wait to see what happens once all the players are back.

Yes we do need a new centre back, yes Taundry should be playing at right back and yes Bradley should be back in the midfield.

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Have you got a dose of the clap, Pedro? :mrgreen:

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:43 pm

MULLEN IS A CLOWN

How he can sit and watch any more then 5 minutes of his useless tactics against possibly the worst team in the division before clocking on and thinking "hey this aint working" is beyond me. But good old Jimmy just sits there plodding along with it. Every substitution he has made in every game has been crazy. Round pegs in square holes - i almost feel ashamed to be slagging him off after 4 games but his tactical nouse so far is a joke.

anyway to the game

Ince - 8/10 - thank god for the big man, probably should of held the shot for the first goal but other then that quality
Palmer 3/10 - Rubbish - (only thing he did well was quality saving tackle in first half)
Boertein 5/10 - not one of his best games, played well attacking with reich when clown went to 442 late on
Gerrard 6/10 - gave 100% unlucky with a couple of long range efforts,
Smith 5/10 - Not good enough yet
Zaboob 3/10 - did he even play????? needs to get involved more
Hughes - 6/10 - I like hughes, gave the ball away a few times, but gernerally got stuck in and retained possesion, nice goal
Taundry - 4/10 - not a centre midfielder - the kids a walsall fan and trys his best, don't wanna see people turn on him, but he's not good enough for cm and if Clown keeps playing him there he'll be the next young player the "fans" turn on
Nicholls - 4/10 erm, this lad is clearly not a winger so why play him there clown?
Reich - 5/10 - ineffective until went 442 then played well, did he dive - not sure, lucky not to be sent off at the end though
Jabo - 8/10 - needs help up there, hold up play is brilliant

Clown 0/10

Taundry in centre mid ahead of bradley?
Nicholls on the right wing?
Reich in no mans land?
Crazy Substitutions?
Formation?

don't worry Mullen, just fold your arms and stand there looking gormless, it'll all work out alright

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:54 am

Match report now on the front page.

Previous
Return to 2008-09 Season