Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

11/7//08 - Bloxwich United (a)

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
HappySaddler

Re: 11/7//08 - Bloxwich United (a)

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:06 am

no one really stood out for me apart from Sean Geddes, came on at half time and looked the part. Excellent first touch and vision to pick passes long and short, never gave the ball away, full of ideas and took his goal very well. Gonna be a player to watch out for, just hoping that he has a growth spirt, only a couple of inches taller than Dean Keates I would say. Could see him in the first team in the non too distant future

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:05 pm

HappySaddler wrote:no one really stood out for me apart from Sean Geddes, came on at half time and looked the part. Excellent first touch and vision to pick passes long and short, never gave the ball away, full of ideas and took his goal very well. Gonna be a player to watch out for, just hoping that he has a growth spirt, only a couple of inches taller than Dean Keates I would say. Could see him in the first team in the non too distant future

Is he good enough for Coventry in January? :P

ShyTallKnight
Glitterati

Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Will be in the England squad :D

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:32 am

Exile wrote:
HappySaddler wrote:no one really stood out for me apart from Sean Geddes, came on at half time and looked the part. Excellent first touch and vision to pick passes long and short, never gave the ball away, full of ideas and took his goal very well. Gonna be a player to watch out for, just hoping that he has a growth spirt, only a couple of inches taller than Dean Keates I would say. Could see him in the first team in the non too distant future

Is he good enough for Coventry in January? :P

No, it'll be Bradley this January, Geddes the year after.

walsallforprem
UTS Regular

Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:08 pm

A team mate of my sunday league team used to play with him and said he has always been quality. He also said he has that feisty and hungry side to him that shows desire to get stuck into games. I saw him play at Rushall and looked the only player with some talent and potential to make it into the first team. I think nurtured right by Mick Halsall over this season could turn him into a great prospect for us in the future.

Previous
Return to 2008-09 Season