Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Swindon (a) - League - 9th April 2005

Reports and reaction from the 2004-05 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:38 pm

i couldnt believe andy kings comments we are a very poor side? haha very funny swindon were by far the worst team we have played this season. maybe it was us being "professional" that made them look so bad.

London Saddler

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:08 pm

Well done lads! Like most others, i have slaughtered them recently (deservedly in my opinion) so credit where its due. We all know what we think of the team and the manager. We all know what needs to be done in the close season. Lets really back the lads till safety is mathematically ensured

Good post above Bristol. The standard of this division is the worst i have seen for some time. Far weaker than i can remember in the Graydon and Nicholl years. The fact that Swindon were chasing a play off place justs about sums up how dire the standard is

We could have done with a draw at the Torquay game and i still have a suspicion that either Torquay or Wrexham may still get out of it so at least another 3 points are a must. I just sincerely hope for the sake of my nerves that it doesnt go down to the Stockport game!

JPD

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:28 pm

Read through your posts again you negative whining scum.
Supporters - not....

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:31 pm

JPD wrote:Read through your posts again you negative whining scum.
Supporters - not....

Aah, diddums.

Supporters of WFC - 100%
Supporters of Merson - Why?

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:02 am

JPD wrote:Read through your posts again you negative whining scum.
Supporters - not....

No call for such a generalist comment JPD - were you on the juice last night? Usually I check through the site mid-afternoon my time, as you're normally a 3 or 4 in the morning poster back in England, so I have to ask as you're hours behind yourself.

Most of time you come up with some good stuff, but that, my friend, is not worthy of you.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:56 pm

JPD is now delighted to be back scraping wins and battling relegation in division 3 as I confidently predicted he would be 3 years ago, absolutely head over heals with it. As equally he hated it when we were successful and all them newfangled so called supporters that in the 70's would have watched Villa suddenly started coming to watch 'lil ol' Walsall - HIS 'LIL OL' WALSALL that he supports even though they are crap. Its called inverse snobbery. But as he won't register on this site (because he likes to contrive eccentricity) it actually might not be him. But at the end of the day, who cares?

Previous
Return to 2004-05 Season