Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Barnsley (a) - League - 28th March 2005

Reports and reaction from the 2004-05 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Ace

Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:09 pm

wfc_2uk wrote:Good to see in the paper merse said saturday might be his last as manager of this club.

What exactly was said?

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:54 pm

I'd be interested to know where the lack of a reserve team would leave the Man U link-up. Personnally I think we should shelve all major football decisions until we employ someone who is a)qualified to make them, and b) puts their decision making in the context of a proper agenda to progress the club medium term rather than how far their knee's jerking today.
Much mention has been made of team spirit and not "wanting it" enough, young and old players alike. I don't see how that can be engendered playing friendlies, or being sent out on loan away from your squad mates in order to gain competitive experience. I always used to like having a team in the west-mids league, freezing cold Tuesday night at Wednesfield Social never did Don Penn or Kenny Mower any harm, and it was good to go along and watch.

bob

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:38 am

AC_Loyalist wrote:
wfc_2uk wrote:Good to see in the paper merse said saturday might be his last as manager of this club.

What exactly was said?

In the paper merse said that saturday will be the biggest game that most of the players will have ever played in. He also said that this is one of the biggest games of his career and might be the last one in his career at walsall.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:41 pm

wfc_2uk wrote: Good to see in the paper merse said saturday might be his last as manager of this club.

I'm not sure that is a good thing wfc because it would mean we'd have lost a game that we really can't afford to.

Previous
Return to 2004-05 Season