Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

OLDHAM (H)- 26TH March 2005

Reports and reaction from the 2004-05 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:24 pm

I was right in line with the free kick and it was certainly not one that I'd blame the keeper for. It's probably the hardest type of free kick for a keeper to defend, dropping into the box towards goal and a striker making a run across the box. The keeper just can't judge if the striker will get a touch or not, and so has no way of knowing which way to go.

A well rehearsed free-kick routine I'd say, and our defenders left an enormous gap for the ball to be pumped through. So if players are to blame, it's the central defenders not the keeper.

More to blame though - yet again - was the ref. If that was a free kick, then I am an ostrich. I thought he had a decent first half, but totally lost it in the second and made numerous bad decisions. How he missed their defender trying to remove Fryatt's shirt in the 6-yard box I shall never know, the defender must still have most of the fabric under his fingernails!

OK, on the day Oldham were vastly superior first half, but I thought we'd come to terms with them second-half and could/would have got something from the game but for more cr@p finishing and lack of awareness, particularly from Fryatt who missed several good flick-ons from Joachim. Then the Ref intervenes with a diabolical decision, and we all know the rest.

Tough result to take today - overall a point would not have been entirely undeserved, but things will just not fall for us right now. Next Saturday's game with Torquay now takes on absolutely mammoth proportions! :shock:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:30 pm

Nice to meet up with Zippyzip in the Saddlers Club today, and as usual when we come face to face, he turns out to be a really nice guy. Good to meet you mate.

Also ran into Andrew (AC Loyalist) again. Nice to see you again. But Andrew, you sold me the wrong ticket mate. The winner was 1202 and I'd got 1212 ! So the winner obviously came from your ticket-book. Any chance of getting to me slightly earlier in future? :D

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:47 pm

I thought we were rubbish and looked like half our team had never even met each other before. Oh, hang on...

It was a marked improvement on last week, but then it would have been a pretty monumental achievement for Merson to get a team to play that badly two weeks running. Couldn't blame the keeper for their goal, but as Geoff says, you can certainly blame our centre backs.

The new players? I thought Pead was the pick of the bunch, a tenfold improvement over Wright. Perpetuini didn't impress, not as good as an average Aranalde performance. Gerrard seemed OK. Joachim did well when he got going but the logic of hitting long balls to him escaped me. In midfield we were notably better than last week, but the problem of only having three men in it because Merson may as well not be there is the same problem since day one of the season. Osborn was my man of the match, but Kris Taylor ran him close, and it was a ridiculous decision to bring him off unless he picked up a knock. Who'd you rather have in the team when you're scrapping for points, Kris Taylor or Andrew Surman? I know who I'd pick.

The problem, as usual when we lose, was everyone was just waiting for Merson to create something, but he couldn't, and we don't have anyone else able/willing to step up and do it instead. When the subs were waiting to come on and we had our traditional "who'll be coming off" discussion, it was difficult to think, since nobody was playing all that badly - it was the system that wasn't working, and the system that needed changing. Fat chance. Replacing Fryatt with Leitao isn't going to do anybody any favours when the problem was that we couldn't get the ball into the box for the strikers to feed off.

Oldham were all right and I expected us to lose beforehand, especially given the number of debutants, but it's still a big disappointment. If as expected we get a caning on Monday then depending on other results we could be within breathing distance of the teams at the bottom. We're very fortunate that Peterborough seem to have self-destructed, Torquay are so poor and Stockport are already down and so there's only really one place to fight for, but "fight" is something we're just not doing at the moment.

I think it's too late to change the manager now, after the transfer deadline and with the team now resolutely full of Merson's players, but something pretty drastic needs to happen. Surely it's obvious by now that just changing four or five players around after we lose but sticking with the same system won't work.

I suppose we'll play the same team on Monday (with Kinsella maybe replacing Osborn if he's fit enough) but the away games at Luton and Bristol showed how we should play away, and that's what we should do again. We won't though - Merson will no doubt pick himself. Has he EVER played well away from home for us?

Walsall Supporter

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:59 pm

Thanks for the info regarding Oakes and the goal geoff, from where we were it looked like it went through his gloves then slowly between his legs. If that was the case MOTM was deserved as he did some good saves earlier, he just seemed a tad shakey after the goal.

ToeJoe Jnr
UTS Regular

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:07 pm

Oldham played the game correctly today, and Ronnie Moore had his tactics spot on. He gave our full backs trouble with two wingers, so stopped them pushing up field. As a result we had no width so resulted in playing everything through the middle. Result being JJ or Fryatt getting the ball and having three defenders around them. Defensively I thought we looked as solid as we could with 3/4 of the back line making debuts. I was suitably impressed with Gerrard. Our major issue was midfield, with there being no creativity as Bristol has said. If Merson doesn't create we may as well pack up.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:15 pm

It's the penalty of playing 4 3 1 2 - no width.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:32 pm

Well. We were piss poor first half, didn't turn up. Second half, we up'ed our game, and Merson was getting more time on the ball.

The goal came from a couple of dubious decisions, but we can't blame the ref for the rubbish defending that allowed them to score. We had a shout for a penalty towards the end, and had one cleared off the line, but we were still second best over the 90 mins, which is poor, considering we were at home against a run of the mill side.

the new players looked good, they added some freshness to the side, and some re-inforced quality, but booting the ball up in the air to Joachim is stupid.

Did anyone catch Merson's gospel on the radio after the game? I noticed he headed off the pitch in a rush after the final whistle.

You can blame the ref all you like, curse our luck, but at the end of the day we were at home against a team below us in the league, but there was one major difference. They worked hard and outplayed us. They deserved the win more than we deserved a draw.

On a different note:

Stafflers...

Glad to see you noted my thoughts on the pre-match and half time p.a announcements. It was a much more professional sound today - No tongue tieing 1pm welcome, just the teams - well done; and at half time, you had the music on in the background, with david Bathurst over the top - well done! See, a little thought goes a long way.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:03 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
They deserved the win more than we deserved a draw.

That quote is a pretty fair summing up of the situation I think, Phil.

As for attaching blame to the referee, I think the point I was trying to get across was that the goal came from a diabolical refereeing decision, in fact two decisions as Dave Gittins has quite rightly mentioned.

If the referee had not made that error, there would have been no free kick - if there had been no free kick then the goal would not have come about - it is from that point of view that I said the referee was to blame.

Having said that, we did not adequately defend it (to state the bleedin' obvious), but it was well taken into the heart of the danger area, and that kind of run by an attacker across the flight of the ball always makes it very difficult for a 'keeper to make a decision. We have seen goals like that scored even at the top level of football, and it's usually the 'keeper who looks like he's got egg on his face because the ball passes so close to him or even apparently through him, but in reality it is a defender's error.

Maybe if we can find an excuse for it today, it is that Gerrard and Roper have not played together before and so did not line-up for the free kick correctly. Whatever, it came off for Oldham, and was a real sickener for us, but that's how it goes when you're on a run like we are right now.

Next win? God only knows where it's coming from, because despite having a fair amount of the play again, and creating enough chances (though not as many as Oldham), we just haven't got enough creativity going forward or awareness/sharpness up front to convert possession into goals, which for me is the most worrying thing about today.

I still think we won't go down in the end, but days like this don't help and we desperately need an unlikely point from Barnsley on Monday, and to win the next six-pointer that's coming up next week.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:21 pm

I don't think we deserved to lose today but then we never deserved to win the game either. The ref gave them a helping hand with the incidents that led to the goal as Dave Gittins points out but I'll never use that excuse as for the majority of the game we didn't look hungry enough, midfield especially.

Midfield were too slow to get back and help the defence and not quick enough to get forward and support the attacking play.

All of the new signings did well in my opinion. We were more solid but then we weren't as creative as when Wright and Zigor as playing so its a difficult one to call.

I though Joachim was excellent and won more headers than Jorge has all season despite him being much shorter. Perhaps I was wrong about us needing a target man more when he's so effective in the air. Jorge please take note of how to win a header.

I don't mean to sound doom and gloom but I've been saying that relegation is a real possibility for about 4 weeks now and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Forget about the teams below us and how bad they are if we can't pick up even a point away or especially at home what chance have we got.

While we never looked like winning one of the 3 remaining games I personally had as winnable Torquay and Vale were battling for draws at Wendy and Hull. Can you see us doing that? Not likely.

I really don't want us going into the last game of the season against Stockport having to win but it could happen.

Some negative comments you might say after what was a decent performance. Yes you are right but it was a decent performance that bought no points for the umpteenth time this season. Points win prizes.

Zippy
Glitterati

Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:28 pm

Cheers Geoff, nice to meet you and Dave aswell today.

I seem to be meeting quite a few in the Saddlers Club recently.

I've had an idea........ Why don't we have a Meet the Zippy Night, £1 entry on the door, but I won't be able to make it and send George and Bungle instead.

Nah, it's probably been tried before. :wink:
Last edited by Zippy on Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hednesfordred

Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:31 pm

I cannot work out the Kris Taylor substitution. He was the one midfield player who appeared to have the fight required today. The others ??? Well :-

Oakes - did well. 1 superb save 1st half - not at fault for the goal IMO
Pead - Very competent. Defended very well but didnt get the chance to go forward enough
Gerrard - Looked a good prospect
Roper - Very solid
Perps - Did OK, stood off a little too much
Osborne - Poor, had trouble even playing the short passes
Wrack - Very Poor. I cannot understand him this season, gone completely off the boil, lack of passion??
Taylor - MOM in my opinion. Why the substitution
Merson - 2 moments of magic. Apart from that anonymous
Joachim - Good in patches but no service
Fryatt - Needs to learn that this is a team game

I could not understand why Standing was not given a run to replace Wrack. I would personally have taken Merson & Wrack off & played a midfield of Standing,Osborn,Taylor & Surman, to at least given the side some shape. It would also have put their full backs under at least a little pressure. Why merson thinks that he is the only player capable of creating openings is beyond me.

I think we will survive, only because of the inability of other sides to catch us, not due to our own efforts. In watching MY TEAM for well over 30 years, the last two defeats have even left me wondering if there are better ways of spending a Saturday afternoon.

Up the Saddlers

London Saddler

Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:49 pm

Awful game between 2 dreadful sides. I fully expected us to lose and my only surprise was that we only lost one nil. The fact that Oldham were really crap was irrelevant as we were worse. They have one of the worst away records (not as bad as ours i hasten to add) and had lost 6 successive away games. But like all the other crap teams in this division, they r better than us and coasted thro the match

Defensively we were poor as usual, didn't keep a clean sheet as usual and only Oakes stopped Oldham winning by two or three goals with some great saves. But he definetely sud have done better with the free kick. Midfield wise we were terrible and Oldham ran the show. Every 2nd ball was theirs. And with Merse having an off day, no one else in the team is good enough to create anything. No pace, no width as usual and no creativity. Why on earth did Taylor rather than Osborn come off? I don't blame the front two at all. They worked hard but with absolutely no service from midfield or the wings, we created virtually nothing and never looked like scoring. The fact that the referee and linesman were crap and contributed to the goal we conceded is irrelevant as it just hides our deficiencies

Sorry but the new boys were no better than we already have (except for Joachim) and added absolutely nothing to the team. But is anyone surprised? If u sign reserve and youth team players, what do u expect? Pead has not been good enough to even get in for even ONE game in one of the worst Coventry teams for years. Perpetuni is not good enough to get into the mighty Wycombe Wanderers team. Gerrard is a reserve team player who has never made a first team appearance. I can accept Oakes and Joachim because those two r actually better than the rubbish we already have, so improve the team

I said last week that Oldham have a great manager and will get out of it. I also said the last two relegation places will b between us, the Franchise and Torquay and today only reinforced that view. We r one of the worst 4 teams in the division, in fact only Peterboro and Stockport r worse than us. I totally agree with someone who posted earlier that it is too late to get rid of Merson. If we were going to act our last chance wud have been last week, at least giving the new boss a few games to get us out of this mess. Now with Barnsley (who won at Luton yesterday) on Monday, it is too late to make any difference. Bonser admitted last season he made a mistake in not getting rid of Lee earlier. He will have plenty of time next season in front of 3-4000 crowds in the bottom division to try and explain why he never learnt from his mistake

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:55 pm

When Merson says he wants this to be his team, I think what he means is he wants the club renamed "Walsall nil".

We are going down the toilet under PM, unlucky and all that cr$p doesn't wash after 50 games. Useless result, don't care about the performance as it was/is irrelevant in this circumstance. Big decisions balked by the powers that be, if Merson is in charge next season I can honestly say it will be a very sad day for all of us that will continue to turn up, as I will. He needs to go, because its absolutely the most blantantly obvious thing in the history of a game of opinions.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:09 pm

As reported on the "All about Walsall" forum my positives for today were Oakes and Gerrard.

Negatives were the complete lack of midfield. The game was lost as Merson never helped and Osborne Taylor and Wrack were too stretched.

I still say we are too good to go down but I hope they don't end up being famous last words. :cry:

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:21 pm

My view on merson's management haven't changed since last week, or for that matter, since september.

The game was a close call today simply because of the new faces and fresh impotus that brought to the team.

I'm slightly confused by peoples opinions of players performances today. I suspect its scape goat finding.

Oakes was superb, two very good saves, and unlucky with the goal.
Perputuini, run of the mill, not outstanding but not bad
Pead, same really, some good touches, but much more composed that wright.
Gerrard - this is where most people differ from my opinion - he was statuesque today. Did you not see him sorting out the defence. Did you not see his superb distribution, did you not see his defending: And this from a lad of what, 18?
Roper Looked ok

Wrack, i feel he's one of our best players, but his being held back by team mates
K Taylor: One of the poorest performers today. Should have been booked on a number of occassions and poor all round.
Osborne - and ive been one of his most critical fans - had a sound game, only one mistake of note.
Merson - tried to weave his magic, but if it only comes of 1 in every 20 times - whats the point? This league requires graft - a la Oldham.

Joachim - looked useful, but having balls pumped up to him in the air is not playing to his strengths
Fryatt - usual self, bit scared to shoot, and struggles to go past people.

The only reason this was one nil was because of luke beckitt missing a sitter, oakes making a couple of good saves, and for some reason, oldham sitting back in the second half.

How people can see this as the slightest in 'turn arounds' by Merson is blind. The same problems were present, and the signing of 3 extra average players will not make those problems disappear.

Because we look to merson to create everything, and because, the vast majority of what merson does doesn't come off - we lose the ball nearly every attack. When he's not on the pitch we have no direction. When we do not have the ball, we are far too relaxed, we sit off, we're easy to play against.

We still rely on merson
we are still unfit
we still give possesion away too much

Couple that with the problems Merson has with his PR skills, and his track record on signings:- he aint a manager.

I heard the interview with Whalley on WM this morning, and was very interested to hear his answer to "Will PM be given a new contract". He spent 10 minutes waxing lyrical about how WFC supports its managers, but when asked on the immediate future of the current incumbent, he more or less said "it depends" or "we'll see".

Not that i am complaining though, the fact that the WFc board are taking note of how badly we are playing, is reassuring to know - however, I am enclined to believe that we would not have been in this mess had PM's resignation been accepted when he offered it.

Appointing PM in the first place was a risk, but a risk that most people agreed with. I was in agreement with Pm being given the job in the wake of CL's departure, but I think the real mistake came in the summer when several proven disciplinarian managers were available, instead we chose to go with Paul Merson, and it is not outragous to claim that since august we have got steadily worse - even though the team is more 'merson's' team now, than it was at the start of the season. I said it three weeks ago after Blackpool, but it's too late to rock the club with a managerial departure now, its down to pure 1. hard work and 2. grit and 3. determination now -oh and 4. luck - but with our current situation and squad, all 4 seem to have deserted us.

Phil_G

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:41 pm

I agree about Gerrard.
I thought he looked a fantastic talent. After he settled in, he was bossing the defence, looked assured and, I thought, head and shoulders above what we've come to expect at the back.

WednesburyRoad

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:44 pm

I agree with most of that Phil, but I thought Kris Taylor was the best player today and couldn't understand why he was taken off. He won everything in midfield and was the only player who was willing to show desire and battle for the ball.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:49 pm

0-1 is not a surprise to me.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:38 pm

Personally, I thought Kris Taylors performance was below average. He would chase after the ball, lose out, then stop. On a number of occassions he committed very silly fouls, and he has generally had a dip in form since he had that one game back from Burton.

The point is, no one played so badly today that they stood out - but we still couldn't win! I mean it's not as though we were peppeing their goal with effort all afternoon. There keep had one difficult shot to stop, from joachim.

Even though we had a pretty consistent team performance, our reliance on Merson, and our insistance that everything goes through him, and that, on top of our lack of fitness and motivation, and our complete lack of any direction most of the time. The man simply cannot be given a new contract. It is plain to see to most people now that he is incapable of managing a football team.

By the way they had two outstanding performers, their number 25, Kilkenny; he was everywhere, speedy, strong and put in loads of work. Stefan Stam, strong and quick, Every inch Ian Roper, and more.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:49 pm

Interesting post philthesaddler, and much that I agree with. Strange thing is though, having read so much I agree with, I find it very surprising to read your views on Kris Taylor - I think you are totally wrong about his contribution and I think most of the posters on here will also disagree with you.

Everyone around me at the game, and many on here already, expressed their surprise that he was taken off, and if it was not for injury (which did not seem to be the case) I think it was a big mistake, especially as Osborn had indicated to the bench that he wanted to come off, whether for injury or simple tiredness I don't know.

Kris was really getting himself involved in the game, won the ball on a number of occasions, and mostly distributed it well. I know you thought he should have been booked on a number of occasions, but thank God that he was at least willing to get stuck in and show some commitment where certain others are sadly lacking.

Right now, for me Kris Taylor is a definite on the team sheet.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:53 pm

The most unsurprising thing is that Albert on rivals seems to be blaming Osborn for the whole thing!

redalways

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:38 pm

Did you see Merson on TV on Thursday night? He looked just like Shadrack Dingle!

His performance today matched his appearrance, he created nothing. Mostly because he played too deep.

Interesting that when we come up against a team with a decent manager, we always get out-thought. The substitutions could have made so much difference, but the changes were totally wrong.

Surman should have come on for Merson and played wide left, in a 442 formation. We needed width and so the second change should have been either Wright or Standing for Wrack. Without his defensive duties, wright could have made a difference.

Can not agree with many of the comments about Joachim. He did not move to the ball, his first touch was awful and he barely caused a problem to their keeper. He looked another Leitao to me. We can not give him half a dozen games to get match fit.

If Atieno was fit he should have been on the bench. As for taking Taylor off twice in the last three games and not using him at Port Vale, suggests a personality clash to me. He has spirit and pace, which are qualities sadly lacking in most areas.

I still think we will just survive this year. If we are to continue with Merson, he must be given the director of coaching role. He must leave the implementation of his ideas to a team coach who will make sure everyone understands what they are surposed to be doing and that they are fit.

If Merson wants to appear on TV like useless Shadrack Dingle, then it should be as a commentator, not as a representative of this club. Shape up or get out!

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:41 pm

Wasn't at the game today but listening on Saddlers World was a depressing experience. I "sort of new" after the first 15 minutes or so that we would never score and so it proved. I also felt from Mick Kearns commentary that all was far from well. Where now? I really think there is every chance we will be relegated. Quite remarkable really when you think back to the beginning of last season when we thrashed WBA 4-1. London Saddler makes a fair point. As things stand we are one of the worst teams in Div 1. If only we could just wipe the slate clean and start again. Sorry for this miserable post!

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:01 pm

I find it hard to believe that people can blame our attack (or defence for that matter). It's the midfield to blame for virtually every ill in this team. They do not break up any attacks before they get to the final third, they rarely track back, they never put their foot in, they are never in positions to give people options, they never hurry to support an attack and their balls forward to the front two are woeful. Henry and Van Nistlerooy would have their work cut out to create anything with that bunch of weak losers behind them.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:39 pm

Absolutely spot on, Dave.

Merson never has an average game. He is either a match-winner or is total rubbish (the latter, today). Taylor seems determined to get cautioned or sent off in every match. Wrack, a hard-working journeyman footballer but with little skill and even less understanding (and he's been our most consistent midfielder!). Surman - talented but frail.. Standing - patchy season but could be a good player, next season. Osborn - was a good player in his heyday. Sadly, that was before he signed for us. Too old and too slow in thought and movement.

Every team we play against can "get at" our back four with little or no resistance from our midfield and our strikers attack in isolation with support being too little or too late or both.

Not only do we need "box-to-box" players with "a good engine" (to use current coaching parlance) but we need players who understand the game and can read play, thereby using their energy to maximum effect instead of running (or walking) around like headless chickens (Wrack). Merson is the only one with this quality. Mind you, if our midfield were physically fitter, that would be a start!

I quite liked the lad, Kilkenny (on loan from Birmingham City) in their midfield, today. Pity we didn't get him.

The end of this season can't come soon enough. It's getting far too uncomfortable down here near vthe bottom of the league.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:47 am

And it could get a whole lot more uncomfortable if we arn't bang on next week when Torquay roll into town. There seems to be a glib acceptance that somehow we will breeze past Stockport Peterborough and Torquay. The team that failed to beat Slough and Leyton Orient isn't going to breeze past anyone. We need to score goals to win games, Merson who is our attack is all but totally shot, and there isn't (and never has been) a plan B. We need someone to be as bad a Chesterfield were just after Christmas to get us a win.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:13 am

What was the general crowd reaction like at the end just out of interest?

addo
UTS Veteran

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:30 am

Can I just say that from my view point there was NO dispute about the free kick, just the ludicrous throw in decision.

It was an obvious Walsall throw so Perps went toward the touchline to take it.

The ref gave it the other way.

The Oldham player through it into the space where Perps should have been.

Being a yard or two behind the Oldham player who received the ball he pulled him back.

The Oldham man ran on a few more yards, but when he lost the advantage the ref gave the free kick.

I am beginning to get more and more frustrated by the formation.

We have no width so teams with wide midfielders, (about 80% of this division) regularly over-run us.

Merse plays this formation to suit himself, BUT, he only influences 20 - 30 % of games.

Players picking the ball up & running at the defence will always stand out because their contributions are always positive, and they have more time on the ball to do what they do.
When Standing played in that same position a couple of weeks back he got MoM , or was close to it, for exactly the same reasons.

BUT, it is so one -dimensional it is easy for opponents to watch the runs of the forwards as the midfield players don't have the time to catch up with play & join in.

At this level , and scrapping it out, we have to be harder to beat. We cannot afford to play a "luxury" player.

He has to play himself as one of the front two.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:35 am

It was rather muted, Geordie, with most of the aggression aimed at the dickhead of a referee. Although we didn't deserve to win, we could have done had he not got two decisions (penalty and throw-in) clearly wrong in quick succession. I think most people did not want the five newcomers to think that they were unwelcome!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:02 am

Geordiesaddler wrote:What was the general crowd reaction like at the end just out of interest?

Quite a few were already on the way to watch the England match :roll:

PreviousNext
Return to 2004-05 Season