Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Blackpool - A - League 5th March 2005

Reports and reaction from the 2004-05 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Stonnall_Saddler

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:06 pm

sj wrote:Derbysaddler You made me laugh this morning, thanks for that. Set me up for the day thanks mate. :D

Stonnall at the back of Stonnall there is a field with a single tree on a hill have you done it there yet? The feild by the garage on the main road to Streetly

a bit of history here folks, the tree that you are refering to is right on top of hangmans hill, people used to get hung from that tree so I would never dare of doing it there.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:18 pm

There's only two people to blame for our defeat at Bloomfield Road that is Fryatt for missing the pen and stupid Joe Murphy for geting involved in the tangle that did not involve him.

Thought Merson/Hasell made the best decision in taking Bennett off for Coleman to come on, if they had kept Bennett on and took some one else off to get Coleman on I'm pretty certain that Bennett would have got him self sent off.

Did any one see Bennett have a go at Parker just has he was being replaced by Coleman.

Thought the referee was shite that he allowed Parker to keep diving and two off the ball incidents Parker stuck his arms in to ropers ribs and had a go at Kris Taylor.

I feel we need another eight points to be safe.

8)

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm

Stonnall_Saddler wrote:
sj wrote:Derbysaddler You made me laugh this morning, thanks for that. Set me up for the day thanks mate. :D

Stonnall at the back of Stonnall there is a field with a single tree on a hill have you done it there yet? The feild by the garage on the main road to Streetly

a bit of history here folks, the tree that you are refering to is right on top of hangmans hill, people used to get hung from that tree so I would never dare of doing it there.

All part of the service SJ. :D
Stonnall chap, theres a hangmans hill near you?, seems to ring a bell. Sounds like scary village talk to me again, no diddling on the sacred hill. Whats next, sacrafices in the hollybush carpark? oh err!

MrC

Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:30 pm

Stonnall_Saddler wrote:a bit of history here folks, the tree that you are refering to is right on top of hangmans hill, people used to get hung from that tree so I would never dare of doing it there.

Well, you are right in that it is called Hangmans Hill, Stonnall, but I think that it is an urban myth that it was an 'official' hanging tree, if you will! However, its an impressive place to go, nice views before you sling your hook! Is the Little Chef still there? Did you do it in there?

Cully
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:04 pm

Stonnall_Saddler wrote:I have a strange feeling Cully that you are also Mr.C :roll:

in reply to your question they were two FEMALE blondes.

Well Stonnall, having read your comments on this and many other threads I have a theory that you and Mr.Spoon of Button Moon fame are one and the same person. I am just curious how you are able to type with your odd spoon shaped hands?

Cully
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:31 pm

Oh, and while I'm on, would you like to share some more stories and adventures with us all from the last time you went to Button Moon on that rocket you carefully assembled from a baked bean tin, a funnel and some sticky paper unless it's just a figment of your imagimation.

Stonnall_Saddler

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:34 pm

Cully I don't know what your on about there, but you seem to know what YOUR on about, maybe beacause you do that mate I dont need to resort to that, I actually have a life :wink:

Previous
Return to 2004-05 Season