Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hatlepool United (H) League 1 Saturday 3/5/08

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Re: Hatlepool United (H) League 1 Saturday 3/5/08

Tue May 06, 2008 5:26 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:Barnard's down as a free transfer on Soccerbase (it usually says "Signed" if it's an undisclosed fee, it says "Free" for DB).

News reports from the time suggest otherwise.

Brum

Tue May 06, 2008 6:50 pm

Back to the mooney hatred for a second; what irks me is that before christmas he was awesome, scoring goals, motivating, on his way to becoming a cult hero, don goodman mark II.

Even if his legs couldnt take it any longer, even if his luck in front of goal had deserted him, he should've still been that motivator. He should feel a responsibility to his employers, and to those young kids. In the real world, nobody likes their bosses, but if they slag off the company, they get sacked.

His comments in the press annoy me, his attitude annoys me. The constant chants of Moooooney from those members of the crowd wearing blinkers annoy me. The fact that everything has to go through him annoys me. The fact he gets man of the match just because he's the captain and a name annoys me.

People talk about how bad the situation at Walsall is but he's been at Wycombe and Swindon in recent years too, with nothing to play for. We had promotion to aim for right until the end but he still spouted to the press.

Tommy Mooney, goodbye and good riddance.

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Thu May 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Brum wrote:Back to the mooney hatred for a second; what irks me is that before christmas he was awesome, scoring goals, motivating, on his way to becoming a cult hero, don goodman mark II.

Even if his legs couldnt take it any longer, even if his luck in front of goal had deserted him, he should've still been that motivator. He should feel a responsibility to his employers, and to those young kids. In the real world, nobody likes their bosses, but if they slag off the company, they get sacked.

His comments in the press annoy me, his attitude annoys me. The constant chants of Moooooney from those members of the crowd wearing blinkers annoy me. The fact that everything has to go through him annoys me. The fact he gets man of the match just because he's the captain and a name annoys me.

People talk about how bad the situation at Walsall is but he's been at Wycombe and Swindon in recent years too, with nothing to play for. We had promotion to aim for right until the end but he still spouted to the press.

Tommy Mooney, goodbye and good riddance.

I'd have thought you would've changed your avatar by now. Surely it annoys you :wink: :lol:

Duke
Site Addict

Thu May 08, 2008 7:22 pm

i reckon KC , Should have final word on this thread :wink:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Thu May 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Duke wrote:i reckon KC , Should have final word on this thread :wink:

I agree.

:mrgreen:

Cully
Site Addict

Fri May 09, 2008 5:33 pm

I went, watched the game occasionally, somebody scored, then somebody else scored and then something else happened and it was a draw. Hooray; it was my last visit to Walsall till the next time I go which will probably be next August unless I am on holiday in which case I will probably be there again in September just in case anybody was wondering.

Have I won the last post prize?

ps. I liked the dancing man with the short legs and inflatable stomach, gosh how I laughed at his humerous antics, oh and memo to Roy Walley; stop saying 'give him/her/it a round of applause' every 3 minutes during the pre-match master of ceremonies performance, suggest that the orange faced girl selling the 50/50 tickets use boot polish instead to impress the customers and can you make sure that there are plentiful supplies of crisps behind the bars for next season since the box you bought for last season ran out after the first match. Thank you.

RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Fri May 09, 2008 5:39 pm

I went, I saw, I invaded, I left

I win :lol:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri May 09, 2008 8:09 pm

[/season]

Exile
Jobsworth