Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Wolves (H) - Friendly - 29th April 2008

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
latviancheese
Site Addict

Re: Wolves (H) - Friendly - 29th April 2008

Fri May 16, 2008 11:38 pm

should just knock the crap out of the scottish wozzock with that baton. Police bruatlity at its finest.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat May 17, 2008 5:46 am

latviancheese wrote:should just knock the crud out of the scottish wozzock with that baton. Police bruatlity at its finest.

From Darren Wrack's testimonial to this. Ain't UTS grand?
:D

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Sat May 17, 2008 10:44 am

King Crimson wrote:
Duke wrote:there's a picture in this mornings sun of the police dog bitting the Rangers fan the one in the white shorts , another picture show the fan walking away blood pouring from his leg.

i'm sure KC will have something to say about that. :wink:

They must keep those dogs very, very hungry. Hope they gave it a rabies vaccination afterwards.

I couldn't really care less what happens to any jock, but what i 1st thought when i saw that picture was..... non of them look like doing any attacking to me. Looks more like the lad who ends up getting attacked by the dog is just trying to defend himself against the plod. I'd love to see the couple of minutes before that pic was taken to find out what really went on

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat May 17, 2008 4:42 pm

True. And they say the camera never lies.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sat May 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Apparently, the victim of the dog-bite is an ex-con who had served 18 years for murder!

If so, it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke! :mrgreen:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat May 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Pedagogue wrote:Apparently, the victim of the dog-bite is an ex-con who had served 18 years for murder!

If so, it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke! :mrgreen:

Not quite the Queen's birthday message, is it?

:mrgreen:

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Mon May 19, 2008 7:47 pm

King Crimson wrote:True. And they say the camera never lies.

Tell that to the miners :wink:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon May 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Ned_Kelly wrote:

I agree.

Cully
Site Addict

Mon May 19, 2008 10:20 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:

I agree.

ditto

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 am

Cully wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:

I agree.

ditto

I would have thought that the coal botherers would have received little sympathy from Cully mansions. :?

Cully
Site Addict

Wed May 21, 2008 5:47 am

King Crimson wrote:I would have thought that the coal botherers would have received little sympathy from Cully mansions. :?

Coal mining in this country was probably the most dangerous, pointless and expensive waste of Government resources and labour since the Iraq war.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed May 21, 2008 5:51 am

Cully wrote:
King Crimson wrote:I would have thought that the coal botherers would have received little sympathy from Cully mansions. :?

Coal mining in this country was probably the most dangerous, pointless and expensive waste of Government resources and labour since the Iraq war.

I'm not sure I'd call coal mining pointless - the Chinese don't think so, with their 50 coal-powered power stations opening a month (or whatever mind-boggling statistic it actually is). Something like 200 years worth of the stuff still under us, and better technology has made it much cheaper to extract.

Problem of mining was the leaders of the coal botherers - although they were right, of course.

Cully
Site Addict

Wed May 21, 2008 5:55 am

Dear KC can you please change your name to Google Adsense [Bot], your confusing me with your constant flits in cyber space on this board. I never know when you are going to strike when you use a cloaking device :shock:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed May 21, 2008 7:26 am

Cully wrote: I never know when you are going to strike when you use a cloaking device :shock:

Unlike Ian MacGregor (NCB) and Margaret Thatcher in 1984 with Arthur Scargill.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed May 21, 2008 12:55 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Cully wrote:

I'm not sure I'd call coal mining pointless - the Chinese don't think so, with their 50 coal-powered power stations opening a month (or whatever mind-boggling statistic it actually is). Something like 200 years worth of the stuff still under us, and better technology has made it much cheaper to extract.

Problem of mining was the leaders of the coal botherers - although they were right, of course.

Scargill. If the miners had elected someone who had a decent hairdo and wore a suit instead of a donkey jacket to formal dinners it might have been so different... It might also have been different without the Notts scabs, but that's another story.

Cully
Site Addict

Wed May 21, 2008 6:59 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Cully wrote: I never know when you are going to strike when you use a cloaking device :shock:

Unlike Ian MacGregor (NCB) and Margaret Thatcher in 1984 with Arthur Scargill.

Hail to Margaret Thatcher, she's my hero. Soon sorted out that poncy miners union who caused untold misery for thousands of miners over many years. At least the Nottingham miners had the good sense to realise that they didn't want to be political pawns in Arthur Scargills selfish egotistical power battle. Left wing nutters claimed that the cost of our deep mined coal was good value at £26/ton when the global price of coal was at a high of £2/ton. Agreements made by the Labour Government in the 60's ensured that the CEGB had to buy British coal at whatever the cost, it is no wonder efficiency in the coal industry matched the rest of the nationalised industries. Cancerous and rotten to the core, no way to run a country. Pity the poor miners who were conned by their union, conned by the Labour party and condemned to fight a so called battle they were always going to lose by left wing nutters who thought that the ideal role model for this country was the USSR.

Exile, I liked your comment about Scargills 'comb over' but you haven't got a clue when it comes to sartorial elegance, although donkey jackets are now considered passe, at the time it was a radical expressive statement amongst the left wing trendies at college. I thought you should know that. I prefered a trench or camel coat with a large 'I love Maggie' T shirt.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 pm

Cully wrote: At least the Nottingham miners had the good sense to realise that they didn't want to be political pawns in Arthur Scargills selfish egotistical power battle.

And their reward? There is ONE deep coal pit still open in Nottinghamshire (at Thorseby). Rest are gone, some long gone, others more recently.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed May 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Cully wrote:....... Arthur Scargill's selfish, egotistical power battle.......

.... and, of course, there was no "selfish, egotistical power battle" (q.v.) on the part of your heroine, The Bitch, was there? :? :mrgreen:

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Wed May 21, 2008 8:39 pm

If ever there was a case for "splitting" a thread off elsewhere, this is it. I am only watching this thread to see if anyone talks about the tesimonial :mrgreen: bored of yow lot!

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed May 21, 2008 8:41 pm

Pedagogue wrote:

.... and, of course, there was no "selfish, egotistical power battle" (q.v.) on the part of your heroine, The Bitch, was there? :? :mrgreen:

Cully has an 'unorthodox' view of heroes and villains, perpetrators and victims.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu May 22, 2008 12:40 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Pedagogue wrote:

Cully has an 'unorthodox' view of heroes and villains, perpetrators and victims.

Cully is stupid, I think you meant. No need to dress it up. He's the sort who went to fund raising discos for the Young Conservatives and sang along to The Specials, shouting 'Kill Nelson Mandela", as his strawberry daiquiri in a plastic glass sprayed across the room from his terrible dancing.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Thu May 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Exile wrote:Cully is stupid, I think you meant. No need to dress it up. He's the sort who went to fund raising discos for the Young Conservatives and sang along to The Specials, shouting 'Kill Nelson Mandela", as his strawberry daiquiri in a plastic glass sprayed across the room from his terrible dancing.

Wasn't it 'Special AKA'?

Cully
Site Addict

Thu May 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Exile wrote:Cully is stupid, I think you meant. No need to dress it up. He's the sort who went to fund raising discos for the Young Conservatives and sang along to The Specials, shouting 'Kill Nelson Mandela", as his strawberry daiquiri in a plastic glass sprayed across the room from his terrible dancing.

Thinking isn't one of your strong points is it Exile?

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri May 23, 2008 4:34 am

Cully wrote:

Thinking isn't one of your strong points is it Exile?

Wrong again. :wink:

Previous
Return to 2007-08 Season