Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leeds United (A) League 1 Saturday 22/3/08 . kick off 17.20

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Cully
Site Addict

Re: Leeds United (A) League 1 Saturday 22/3/08 . kick off 17.20

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:59 am

King Crimson wrote:
Cully wrote:When are you going to Butlins?

Why? Are you a 'welcomer' Red Coat?

You have confirmed what I have always suspected about such places, there is one near Liverpool you might like to help out with your memories?

http://www.butlinsmemories.com/

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:02 am

Cully wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

You have confirmed what I have always suspected about such places, there is one near Liverpool you might like to help out with your memories?

Is that you in the 1981 knobbly knees contest final?

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:18 am

Exile wrote:
Cully wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

Is that you in the 1981 knobbly knees contest final?

My only appearance on stage was playing Jesus in a sixth form assembly at Cannock Grammar in 1973. I saw the light as they say and never looked back.

ps It was the long hair that clinched the role, the white robe was rather comfortable although I must admit a little draughty.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:49 am

Cully wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

I think the nearest one to Liverpool is Pwllheli - not very near at all (we're probably nearly as close here in Walsall).

There IS however a 'Pontins' near where I grew up (Ainsdale). Seen better days now (as I think almost all these 'camps' have), but it was always a fun day out as a kid in the heatwave summers of the 70s. Crazy golf, pedallos and outdoor swimming pools, with aunties and uncles puffing away on cigarettes and eating sandwiches.

Keep us updated about your Telford experience.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:06 am

I refer you to my posting somewhere else re. Telford trip.

My neices boyfriend is a Leeds Utd 'supporter' who hasn't been to every game for the last 3 years due to his attendance at Nottingham University but he did go to the Walsall home game against said team and applauded every good footpass to the other man who was on the same team that wore white or yellow shirts. He also said the Walsall goalie was very unlucky with the bounce of the ball and overall was impressed by something or other.

I like him very much but not in a gay way.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Isn't Nottingham University a bit 'down market' for a relative of yours to be associating with? Surely 'dreaming spires' of Oxford, or something more exotic (Harvard or Yale perhaps) would be more fitting?

I have several degrees from celebrated institutions that make me a more appropriate suitor.

I also have a wife.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:30 pm

King Crimson wrote:Isn't Nottingham University a bit 'down market' for a relative of yours to be associating with? Surely 'dreaming spires' of Oxford, or something more exotic (Harvard or Yale perhaps) would be more fitting?

I have several degrees from celebrated institutions that make me a more appropriate suitor.

I also have a wife.

I know how close you Northerntypes are... How many degrees of seperation do you have? Is she your first or second cousin? :mrgreen:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Exile wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Isn't Nottingham University a bit 'down market' for a relative of yours to be associating with? Surely 'dreaming spires' of Oxford, or something more exotic (Harvard or Yale perhaps) would be more fitting?

I also have a wife.

I know how close you Northern types are... How many degrees of seperation do you have? Is she your first or second cousin? :mrgreen:

Sister

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:24 pm

..and closed.

Previous
Return to 2007-08 Season