Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leeds United (H) League 1 Saturday 15/12/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Harlequin

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:40 pm

Nah Nah Nah Nah.... Nah Nah Nah Nah

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:40 pm

1-0 in our cup final! :twisted:

saddler_til_i_die

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:44 pm

Lets all start to get excited banging on about when you were in europe and the premiership, not anymore, COME ON THE LADS,

UP THE SADDLERS.......
Last edited by saddler_til_i_die on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:45 pm

saddler_til_i_die wrote:Lets all start to get excited banging on about when you were in europe and the premiership, not anymore, COME ON ME BABIES,
UP THE SADDLERS.......

You can be arrested for that.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Joe90 wrote:
saddler_til_i_die wrote:Lets all start to get excited banging on about when you were in europe and the premiership, not anymore, COME ON ME BABIES,
UP THE SADDLERS.......

:shock: :lol:

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:48 pm

latviancheese wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
UP THE SADDLERS.......

Sorry. I'm in a slightly sick, silly mood. Must have something to do with my current level of smugness. :wink:

handsworth saddler

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:48 pm

I really really thought I was going to be crying into my dinner tonight after the SUPER MIGHTY LEEDS, who were once in Europe don't you know, beat us in our cup final 20-0 on their march to the Premiership but oh.........look :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:49 pm

cack

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:50 pm

cack

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:50 pm

It's David sodding Wetherall all over again

handsworth saddler

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Balls that'll teach us for counting our chickens....................

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:53 pm

handsworth saddler wrote:Balls that'll teach us for counting our chickens....................

Or teach Latvian for counting his balls...

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:54 pm

Joe90 wrote:
handsworth saddler wrote:Balls that'll teach us for counting our chickens....................

Or teach Latvian for counting his balls...

:lol:

pastsodull

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:56 pm

Surely the biggest talking point is not this 'decent' point but the fact it finished Wolves 0 QPR 0 - or have i been listening to WM for too long this afternoon?

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:01 pm

I'm gutted but before the match I'd have taken a point.

How many games unbeaten is that :D

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:06 pm

Goose277 wrote:I'm gutted but before the match I'd have taken a point.

15?

UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:09 pm

A deflected free kick from over 40 yards in stoppage time??!!

I'm gutted ...

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:17 pm

Joe90 wrote:

15?

Ask Sheff. FACT :wink:

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:

15?

It was a rhetorical question :)

saddler_til_i_die

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:
latviancheese wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
saddler_til_i_die wrote:Lets all start to get excited banging on about when you were in europe and the premiership, not anymore, COME ON THE LADS
UP THE SADDLERS.......

Sorry. I'm in a slightly sick, silly mood. Must have something to do with my current level of smugness. :wink:

I've edited it just for you, homosexuality is better than being a pedo :shock:

SWS1

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:23 pm

I make it 11 since a defeat, one defeat in 16 (or two only in 19, if you like). What a season! Well done, the lads and the management.
I would have taken a draw this morning but now I feel robbed!
Anyway, I now feel we can take on anyone in the division.
Roll on, Carlisle. Roll on Swansea!
Roll on the playoffs?
Wembley, here we come??
:D :D :D :D :D

(I need a lie down and, probably, a dose of realism).

sid swifty
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:27 pm

Just got back...very impressed with the way we played in defence and midfield...but i think Rickets was a waste of a shirt.....sonko was a poor replacement for Deeney....Sweeney would have been my choice as man of the match....and I am definately going to the Milwall game.... :D

UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:33 pm

Don't know why you've not been going, Sid. You only seem to live two minutes from the ground.

SWS1

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:34 pm

We're dropping too many points at home.
:(

But we're picking up lots away.
:D

And we're clearly a hard side to beat. Great defence.

I think the young lads can only get better, if they don't run out of steam.

The old lags are making huge contributions, too.

If we start scoring more goals, there'll be no stopping us!

I make that five :D and only one :(

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sid swifty
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:37 pm

Guest wrote:Don't know why you've not been going, Sid. You only seem to live two minutes from the ground.
I do live just round the corner Guest....but the football they were serving up last time i went wasn't worh the cost of a ticket in my opinion.

UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:46 pm

sid swifty wrote:
Guest wrote:Don't know why you've not been going, Sid. You only seem to live two minutes from the ground.
I do live just round the corner Guest....but the football they were serving up last time i went wasn't worh the cost of a ticket in my opinion.

sid swifty wrote:Just got back...very impressed with the way we played in defence and midfield...but i think Rickets was a waste of a shirt.....sonko was a poor replacement for Deeney....Sweeney would have been my choice as man of the match....and I am definately going to the Milwall game.... :D

Well, with your new-found enthusiasm, Sid, I might see you at Carlisle. I am definitely trying to get to that game - only 12000+ miles for me.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:49 pm

Guest wrote:
sid swifty wrote:

sid swifty wrote:Just got back...very impressed with the way we played in defence and midfield...but i think Rickets was a waste of a shirt.....sonko was a poor replacement for Deeney....Sweeney would have been my choice as man of the match....and I am definately going to the Milwall game.... :D

Well, with your new-found enthusiasm, Sid, I might see you at Carlisle. I am definitely trying to get to that game - only 6000+ miles for me.
Come into the stadium suite mate and i'll buy you a drink.... :D :wink:

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:49 pm

Guest wrote:
sid swifty wrote:

Well, with your new-found enthusiasm, Sid, I might see you at Carlisle. I am definitely trying to get to that game - only 6000+ miles for me.

Flights to Prestwick in Glasgow are £14 from Stansted at the mo. Then it's
50mins from Prestwick to Carlisle. Last time I did it, we got stranded in Troon (more like bloody Brigadoon) for 2 hours.

UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:53 pm

sid swifty wrote:
Guest wrote:
sid swifty wrote:

Come into the stadium suite mate and i'll buy you a drink.... :D :wink:

Unfortunately, Carlisle's away. But I should get to the Yeovil home game as well.

UTS Legend

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Guest wrote:
sid swifty wrote:

Well, with your new-found enthusiasm, Sid, I might see you at Carlisle. I am definitely trying to get to that game - only 12000+ miles (return) for me.

Flights to Prestwick in Glasgow are £14 from Stansted at the mo. Then it's
50mins from Prestwick to Carlisle. Last time I did it, we got stranded in Troon (more like bloody Brigadoon) for 2 hours.

I'll be flying Hong Kong to Edinburgh (via Heathrow) then getting the train down to Carlisle.

PreviousNext
Return to 2007-08 Season