Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Nottingham Forest (H) League 1 Tuesday 4/12/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:12 pm

Pheasey_Saddler wrote:Great battling performance tonight. Looking at the depth at their squad at the quality they are supposed to possess up front, I would not have been disappointed with a draw tonight.

I'm getting slightly p****d of with WM at the moment with the way they keep banging on about DD being unhappy with the fans. It seems they are keeping a closer eye on his movements than actually watching the game. The crowd were pretty quiet 1st half (including a very quiet away support) but 2nd half it was a much better atmosphere. Personally, I didn't see anything relating to DD being uhappy with the fans tonight and he seemed upbeat in his interview after the game. Well done DD, keep the momentum going fella!

He seemed to be annoyed with someone as they made their first sub. OAP stand moaning again I think. (Well, someone in there, I know you aint all the same)

Thought we battled well tonight against a quality side. Eddy had an off day and I thought Sweeny lost possession a bit too often but overall, hard work won it for us.

Totally agree with MOM

He's big, he's scouse........

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:13 pm

Goose277 wrote:
Pheasey_Saddler wrote:Great battling performance tonight. Looking at the depth at their squad at the quality they are supposed to possess up front, I would not have been disappointed with a draw tonight.

I'm getting slightly p****d of with WM at the moment with the way they keep banging on about DD being unhappy with the fans. It seems they are keeping a closer eye on his movements than actually watching the game. The crowd were pretty quiet 1st half (including a very quiet away support) but 2nd half it was a much better atmosphere. Personally, I didn't see anything relating to DD being uhappy with the fans tonight and he seemed upbeat in his interview after the game. Well done DD, keep the momentum going fella!

He seemed to be annoyed with someone as they made their first sub. OAP stand moaning again I think. (Well, someone in there, I know you aint all the same)

Thought we battled well tonight against a quality side. Eddy had an off day and I thought Sweeny lost possession a bit too often but overall, hard work won it for us.

Totally agree with MOM

I dont, Yes he was awesome again (Gerrard) but Scott Dann is light years in front of him.

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:17 pm

Ego Sum Ego Existo wrote:
Goose277 wrote:

Totally agree with MOM

I dont, Yes he was awesome again (Gerrard) but Scott Dann is light years in front of him.

If you could only pick one of them, I would still choose Dann but Gerrards performance tonight and saturday was bang on. Credit where it's due.

cancol

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:17 pm

:) Let's be honest don't you feel sorry for all those that couldn't go and witness the best home performance so far this season

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:19 pm

Goose277 wrote:
Goose277 wrote:

Totally agree with MOM

If you could only pick one of them, I would still choose Dann but Gerrards performance tonight and saturday was bang on. Credit where it's due.

^^^^

sack

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:21 pm

yeeeeeeeesssssss, o yes, o the world looks a marvellous place when you have just slapped the lady boys down to size, just give them a listen, (o were a massive club, o were massive o we are please say we are), no no no your rubbish, and where you deserve to be, so we are you boggy team, o well every club in the championship must have been last time you where there then. what a grate night, i'm so proud of my team, they were all ace tonight, but a special mention for ricketts, not only did he score a real quality goal, his work rate and defending back were terrific. i am one happy man tonight, thanks you saddlers.

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:26 pm

Wonder what BTH will have to say about it.

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:31 pm

Dave Gittins wrote:Wonder what BTH will have to say about it.

He was saving his 1000th post to celebrate :lol:

Good to meet you tonight BTH.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:31 pm

"You'll never beat the Saddlers...you'll never beat the Saddlers".

Well done lads.

Bitter Tree Hugger
Notts

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:33 pm

cancol wrote::) Let's be honest don't you feel sorry for all those that couldn't go and witness the best home performance so far this season
Honestly and I ain't taking the michael - was that really your best so far :shock:

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:33 pm

sack wrote:yeeeeeeeesssssss, o yes, o the world looks a marvellous place when you have just slapped the lady boys down to size, just give them a listen, (o were a massive club, o were massive o we are please say we are), no no no your rubbish, and where you deserve to be, so we are you boggy team, o well every club in the championship must have been last time you where there then. what a grate night, i'm so proud of my team, they were all ace tonight, but a special mention for ricketts, not only did he score a real quality goal, his work rate and defending back were terrific. i am one happy man tonight, thanks you saddlers.

I agree about Ricketts work rate people should watch some of his passing more closly and his defending. what you see is what you get and i`m happy with it.

addo
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:34 pm

Did anyone else hear the text read out on WM from Phil in Aldridge moaning about the performance ?

Saying something like we gifted forest all of the possession and didn't compete.

Jeeez. What do people want?

Forest are a good side. They knock it about really well.
However-- we let them play it about where they couldn't hurt us.

Well done me babbies.

Purple Toucan Saddler

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:38 pm

Bitter Tree Hugger wrote:
cancol wrote::) Let's be honest don't you feel sorry for all those that couldn't go and witness the best home performance so far this season
Honestly and I ain't taking the michael - was that really your best so far :shock:

Huddersfield was the best - but that came a close second - good open game - and we got the points - entertaining though

NeechezTheSaddler

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:40 pm

Great performance. Weston and Fox were both absolutely immense, Fox was my MoM but Gerrard was up there

cancol

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:43 pm

Given the 'quality' of the opposition I think so, you have to remember we are still learning our trade in this division. you on the other hand seem to think that it was a forgone conclusion.
If your highly rated strike force had performed then it may well have been a different result
Your Team plays good passing football but tonight it was not enough, we battled well in the second half and took our chance when it came.
So better luck perhaps in the return match.

addo
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:44 pm

I think we showed too much respect first half and stood off a little too much.

Allowing for our limitations - with no out and out ball winner in midfield due to injuries- I think we did OK.

He did say home performance mind...

We have been very hit and miss at home.
That is only our third league win.
Our best performances have mostly been away from home.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:47 pm

When will people realise, people who phone Radio WM, are all DELUDED, and are on day release. No one should pay any attnetion.

booster cogburn
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:59 pm

Great battling performance especially in the second half, very proud of them, but please let's not carried away with any of this "best home performance of the season" nonsense. Don't let the euphoria of a fine victory cloud your judgment too much.

First half we battled ok but were sloppy defensively and should have gone in 2 or 3 down. We were only saved by woeful finishing.

Second half was much tidier and (after they gifted us our goal) the great team spirit that DD has instilled in his players carried us through to the end. Oddly, Forest seemed to run out of ideas when they brought Einstein Agogo on. Which was nice.

Just to clear up the DD and the TXT stand incident. It was about half way through the second half and the whole of our crowd was very quiet. DD turned round and gestured towards the hordes of ermm corporate guests and visitors from other clubs with comp tickets and press box members and senior, sedate Walsall fans to make some noise. He then pointed at the scoreboard and shouted "look at the score!" and made a dismissive gesture.
I must say that annoyed me a bit because apart from a few of us on our row, most people never make any noise in that stand immediately behind the dug outs, and neither would you expect them to. The main cauldron of noise ought to come from behind the goal and tonight, like at most other games, it was very quiet for long periods.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:29 am

Registered Saddler wrote:
Ego Sum Ego Existo wrote:That was one of the best performances by a defender I have seen in years in a walsall shirt.

Scott Dann is by far and away the BEST Walsall player I have ever seen. Tonight was he was a tumult.

A loud commotion?
A disorderly crowd?
A confused state of mind?

Tumultuous.

Highly agitated? Noisy? Disorderly?

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:30 am

I agree with you about WM they seem more bothered about it than anyone else, and theyre all Wolves fans, stirring it up ;)

I thought it was a good solid performance, don't think big Clayton had a save to make that I can recall, even so 10 out of 10 for the spectacular dive 2nd half when the ball went over. Weston was tremendous tonight, Eddy had a stinker and Wracky was Jeckyll and Hyde.

I think on balance we deserved it, and we deserved the second goal, nowt wrong with that but you only have to breath on a keeper now.

Well done lads, but now lets not get complacent and carry on this run on Saturday

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:44 am

Exile wrote:
Ego Sum Ego Existo wrote:That was one of the best performances by a defender I have seen in years in a walsall shirt.

Scott Dann is by far and away the BEST Walsall player I have ever seen. Tonight was he was a tumult.

A loud commotion?
A disorderly crowd?

Tumultuous.

Do you have a problem ?

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:48 am

Exile wrote:

A loud commotion?
A disorderly crowd?

Tumultuous.

Do you have a problem ?

I think it was a poor choice of words mate. Perhaps re-wording it to say "Tonight he was immense" or something of a similar ilk would have been more appropriate.

http://www.dictionary.net/tumultuous

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:51 am

Young_Tong wrote:
Exile wrote:

A loud commotion?
A disorderly crowd?

Tumultuous.

Do you have a problem ?

I think it was a poor choice of words mate. Perhaps re-wording it to say "Tonight he was immense" or something of a similar ilk would have been more appropriate.

No, I know mate, no one lectures on me with what I say, hence my response.

Ridiculous pedantic nonsense.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:52 am

Game - Fantastic, really thought Forest would cane us during the first half and but for some wasteful finishing, they would've. We managed to defend well on most parts but for some reason I thought we struggled on crosses (both Dann and Gerrard) Mooney should've got his shot closer to the goal than the scoreboard but oh well.

The bloody twerp in front of us who threw the pie should be really proud of himself, facing a ban and possibly something worse for throwing a pie, well done to you for getting yourself out of my sight for something so minor :lol:

Second half we just stepped it up, Ricketts took his goal well and should've had a second, Mooney wasted a decent chance to get the ball on target but instead hit the Mia space station. The second goal was so definitely a goal it was unbelieveable. Jumped with no arms but the ref ajudged him to have used his elbows, that could've cost us dear but gladly didn't.

Performance by Dann in the second half was great but not this:
1. full of tumult or riotousness; marked by disturbance and uproar: a tumultuous celebration.
2. raising a great clatter and commotion; disorderly or noisy: a tumultuous crowd of students.
3. highly agitated, as the mind or emotions; distraught; turbulent.

With regards to WM, they really are trying to trap Dosh into a war with the fans. I'm getting sick of it as they did it for the Shrewsbury game as well. Dicky shouldnt have to worry about appeasing every fans wish as the only wish that we should want is for Walsall to do well.

1 Swansea 18 14 34
2 Carlisle 17 15 32
3 Leyton Orient 18 -1 31
4 Nottm Forest 17 17 30
5 Leeds 18 21 29
6 Doncaster 18 6 27
7 Brighton 18 5 27
8 Walsall 18 3 27

That means we are doing well ^^^^

That is all - EXCEPT FOR THE PLAYER RATINGS

Ince - Sod all to do 7

Weston - Best game in the shirt 8

Gerrard and Dann - Coped well with aerial and ground threats 7.5 and 7

Fox - It's scary how good this lad is compared to last season 8.5

Sonko - Ok at best, lucky Weston had a blinder 6

Bradley - Got stuck in and used most of his posession well 7.5

Wrack - Got stuck in but in my view was far more wasteful in posession 6

Sweeney - Played well, shame hes cup-tied 7

Ricketts - Good goal and good movement, should've had a second 8

Mooney - Worked hard, better finishing could've seen a goal 7.5

Subs

Hall - Did his part well 7
Last edited by Fray Bentos is God! on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:52 am

Young_Tong wrote:
Exile wrote:

A loud commotion?
A disorderly crowd?

Tumultuous.

Do you have a problem ?

Exactly. ESEE - you have the problem - poor choice of word from your vocabulary. If you're going to use a word, at least understand what it means. "The crowd gave Dann a tumultuous reception when appeared for the second half" being an example of using this word in context, albeit that the crowd doesn't give any sort of welcome to anyone!

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:53 am

^^^^^

It does seem an odd choice of wording though? I don't think it was quite lecturing you, rather it was asking you to explain it.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:53 am

Exile wrote:
Young_Tong wrote:
Exile wrote:

A loud commotion?
A disorderly crowd?

Tumultuous.

Do you have a problem ?

Exactly. ESEE - you have the problem - poor choice of word from your vocabulary. If you're going to use a word, at least understand what it means. "The crowd gave Dann a tumultuous reception when appeared for the second half" being an example of using this word in context, albeit that the crowd doesn't give any sort of welcome to anyone!

182 :wink:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:55 am

Well obviously you all live in a box.

Have you know heard of the power of metaphor ?

Big problem Pal, if you want to keep digging at me then be my guest, show yourself up.

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:57 am

Who's digging?

I of course know the power of metaphor through education and a good grasp of the English language to boot.

Let's calm down now before someone gets offended or emotional.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:58 am

Young_Tong wrote:Who's digging?

I of course know the power of metaphor through education and a good grasp of the English language to boot.

Let's calm down now before someone gets offended or emotional.

Its too late, hes been shown up :lol: :lol: :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to 2007-08 Season