Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Nottingham Forest (H) League 1 Tuesday 4/12/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:58 pm

addo wrote:We get their vote for crappiest ground & crappiest atmosphere.

Unfortunately for them, the same assessment can't be applied to our team. :D

addo
UTS Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:25 pm

Isn't it surprising how sweet sour grapes can be .. :D

dinkydotsaddler
UTS Regular

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:34 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
dinkydotsaddler wrote:
tape66 wrote:Great game today, the 2nd half performance was our best so far this season. Back four were solid and Clayton did not put a foot wrong.

Special mention has to go to the moaning prats in the TextOAP stand, please do us all a favour and stay away in future, your "support" is not wanted or welcome.

People like you really, really annoy me. Firstly, we need all the supporters' we can get and as long as they are true supporters and not yobs then the more the merrier, secondly who do you think you are saying other fans are not entitled to their opinion. Just cos it's different from yours does not make it wrong. No I am not one of the people concerned I was in the F2G and I wasn't moaning, however, it is not just one person and therefore there is probably something in what is being said. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. You must be very arrogant to feel in some way qualified to decide who is welcome at Walsall and who is not. You wonder why our crowds are low with idiots like you spouting off.

I think you should look up the term I've highlighted before "shouting your mouth off". True supporters get behind the team and encourage them. Just because someone has been going a long time, since the 1800's doesn't make them even more of a fan. I sat in that stand for a while and all you hear is miserable git constantly negative and not SUPPORTING the team.

That is not a true supporter and if they take offence, tough.

I totally disagree. I will say again, I do not know what was said - if I did I may not agree with the content, I may agree that they seem to be moaning for the sake of it. My point is this, who is qualified to say who is and who is not welcome at The Bank's? Not you, not me, not any of the people on here. Where will it end? When you get a few thousand people you will get a massive range of opinions - it's what makes the world go round. You don't have to agree with them, you can even get angry about it but I think telling people they are not welcome is arrogant at the very least!!! Can you honestly not see what I am trying to say?

We live in a country with freedom of speech - thankfully. Let's keep it that way!

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:38 am

dinkydotsaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
dinkydotsaddler wrote:
tape66 wrote:Great game today, the 2nd half performance was our best so far this season. Back four were solid and Clayton did not put a foot wrong.

Special mention has to go to the moaning prats in the TextOAP stand, please do us all a favour and stay away in future, your "support" is not wanted or welcome.

People like you really, really annoy me. Firstly, we need all the supporters' we can get and as long as they are true supporters and not yobs then the more the merrier, secondly who do you think you are saying other fans are not entitled to their opinion. Just cos it's different from yours does not make it wrong. No I am not one of the people concerned I was in the F2G and I wasn't moaning, however, it is not just one person and therefore there is probably something in what is being said. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. You must be very arrogant to feel in some way qualified to decide who is welcome at Walsall and who is not. You wonder why our crowds are low with idiots like you spouting off.

I think you should look up the term I've highlighted before "shouting your mouth off". True supporters get behind the team and encourage them. Just because someone has been going a long time, since the 1800's doesn't make them even more of a fan. I sat in that stand for a while and all you hear is miserable git constantly negative and not SUPPORTING the team.

That is not a true supporter and if they take offence, tough.

I totally disagree. I will say again, I do not know what was said - if I did I may not agree with the content, I may agree that they seem to be moaning for the sake of it. My point is this, who is qualified to say who is and who is not welcome at The Bank's? Not you, not me, not any of the people on here. Where will it end? When you get a few thousand people you will get a massive range of opinions - it's what makes the world go round. You don't have to agree with them, you can even get angry about it but I think telling people they are not welcome is arrogant at the very least!!! Can you honestly not see what I am trying to say?

We live in a country with freedom of speech - thankfully. Let's keep it that way!

Can you not spot the contradiction between the two bits in bold?

The thing about free speech is that it has to apply to (almost) everything, not just the bits that you like. People are free to say what they like about the team at the game, but they have to be prepared for other people to say what they like about them in turn. Nobody has the right not to be offended.

dinkydotsaddler
UTS Regular

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:38 am

Registered Saddler wrote:
dinkydotsaddler wrote:People like you really, really annoy me. Firstly, we need all the supporters' we can get and as long as they are true supporters and not yobs then the more the merrier

Reading his posts on here, tape66 always struck me as being a true supporter.

dinkydotsaddler wrote:secondly who do you think you are saying other fans are not entitled to their opinion.

The only one saying other fans shouldn't have an opinion is you. It is tape66's opinion is that some fans in the text stand have riled DD with their moaning and they should either put up or shut up. If everyone is entitled to their own opinion - then why isn't he entitled to that one?

Uh Hello!!! He is saying that they are not welcome - that is not an opinion!! I think it's great that we all have differing opinions (frustrating at times) which part of my post said no-one else should have an opinion? I never referred to his opinion (or that he wasn't a true supporter) I said he wasn't qualified to tell people not to come. The reference to true supporters was to make the point that anyone other than yobs should be welcome - it was not a reference to any poster on here not being a true supporter. If you are going to comment please read my points before you do!

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:40 am

dinkydotsaddler wrote:
dinkydotsaddler wrote:People like you really, really annoy me. Firstly, we need all the supporters' we can get and as long as they are true supporters and not yobs then the more the merrier

dinkydotsaddler wrote:secondly who do you think you are saying other fans are not entitled to their opinion.

The only one saying other fans shouldn't have an opinion is you. It is tape66's opinion is that some fans in the text stand have riled DD with their moaning and they should either put up or shut up. If everyone is entitled to their own opinion - then why isn't he entitled to that one?

Uh Hello!!! He is saying that they are not welcome - that is not an opinion!! I think it's great that we all have differing opinions (frustrating at times) which part of my post said no-one else should have an opinion? I never referred to his opinion (or that he wasn't a true supporter) I said he wasn't qualified to tell people not to come. The reference to true supporters was to make the point that anyone other than yobs should be welcome - it was not a reference to any poster on here not being a true supporter. If you are going to comment please read my points before you do!

Yes it is. :? :?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:12 pm

Daft bint has spent too long reading womens mags. <<<< (Just an opinion) ;)

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:37 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:Daft bint has spent too long reading womens mags. <<<< (Just an opinion) ;)

It's my opinion that this sort of tautological argument is one that Sheff wishes he'd thought of first.

a2b

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:38 pm

Dave Gittins wrote:As an aside, did anyone notice the overcrowded away end last night? The seats were all full and there were supporters standing on the steps, by the wall etc as well. About 5-10 minutes in the stewards suddenly realised they had let too many fans in the away end and opened up the end of the WBBS stand for them.

At least they did something about the problem, pity there was no way of tracking how many actually went through the turnstiles in the first place.

There was not too many fans in the end,not all Forest fans purchased tickets before game ,there was empty seats but some people wanted to sit together not split up.

dinkydotsaddler
UTS Regular

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:06 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
dinkydotsaddler wrote:

Telling someone to leave is not an opinion! Fact.

dinkydotsaddler
UTS Regular

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:07 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:Daft bint has spent too long reading womens mags. <<<< (Just an opinion) ;)

F*** off - that's not an opinion either it's an order!

Maverick
UTS Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:13 pm

dinkydotsaddler wrote:

F*** off - that's not an opinion either it's an order!

Charming. :o

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:28 pm

dinkydotsaddler wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:
dinkydotsaddler wrote:

Telling someone to leave is not an opinion! Fact.

That is correct. But it's not the same as saying that they're not welcome... :?

Previous
Return to 2007-08 Season