Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Northampton Town (A) F A Cup 2nd Round Saturday 1/12/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Enya_NTFC

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:51 pm

yoda wrote:
Exile wrote: - a money-spinning replay with their massive away crowd beckons.

After seeing their home crowd for a cup final (they seemed chuffed to draw to us), I'm dreading seeing their away crowd on a wet tuesday night!

Less then 400 I bet. I'm not going, I don't want to watch that tripe.

Joe90
Glitterati

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:51 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
Leamore Saddler wrote:
Goose277 wrote:
Asps wrote:
Leamore Saddler wrote:I'm finding it difficult to recall the game as I am, along with Linda, Rachel, Willy-Nilly, OldPenkSaddler and several non-UTSers, battling to overcome the psychological trauma of witnessing a somewhat inebriated, stark-naked Asps dancing to "Vindaloo" in the mini-bus, on the homeward journey. Not a pretty sight and definitely X-certificate stuff!

I will be seeking counselling if the memories do not fade, soon. Still, at least it reminded Linda that she had got sausage for tea! :D

(By the way, Linda - what WERE you and Steve doing on the floor of the minibus, as we left Northampton???)

I'm guessing Asps has a shirt with Beaver and a number 8 on it. I saw you up the corner in TGI Friday. Was that your flag in the window? Whoever put it there, nice touch :D

Great away support again. Those that travel to most away matches really do us proud. I have to work alternate saturdays so can't go away very often but you lot are a credit to Walsall FC. Mrs Goose was very impressed with the noise. She loved Paul Hall's song :)

No, Beaver and Asps are two different people. Beaver was the one performing with Linda, on the floor of the minibus (which she denies - yeah, right, whatever!).

I honestly can't remember that, can remember Asps had Beaver pinned down doing what doggies do :wink:

What? Pooing on the floor?

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:56 pm

^^^^

The other one that male doggies do :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:The game passed Wrack (with the exception of his one excellent shot) and Sonko by again

Absolutle poppy-appendage ;)

Both were below par yesterday and weren't really in the game but we have been in excellent form recently since Wrack has been in midfield and Dobson has been missing and are looking much more difficult to breakdown. We still need to find the right balance in there but it's not as bad as many are trying to make out it just didn't happen too well yesterday.

As big a fan as I am of Ishmel he's much better at the moment as an impact player with 20-30 mins to go. We looked far more stable and kept the ball much more when Hall came on. Not MOTM like Burnside says but he added a lot to our game after his introduction.

A draw away is acceptable against whoever, especially against a team we'd played the week before which is never easy to do.

Burnside
UTS Regular

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Burnside wrote:Hall - Motm contender with wracky very busy and wanted it when he came on.

I said Contender. Because i feel he had more of an impact upon our attacking play than most of the other players did during the 90.

Where i said THE MOTM i don't know.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:00 pm

Kiansmom wrote:..................................... I bet we didn't do anything really and are on a wind up :oops:

Believe that and you'll believe anything! :D :D

Willy Nilly
UTS Regular

Location: All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:34 pm

Leamore Saddler wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:..................................... I bet we didn't do anything really and are on a wind up :oops:

Believe that and you'll believe anything! :D :D

To be fair though, Leamore, Linda was only ever sitting on the double seats at the back on the return journey - honest......she only sat on the floor on the way there, and that was to gain a little elbow room so she could handle her glass(es)of wine easier. :lol:

All good, honest fun though, which is far more than can be said of a certain poster on this thread. :shock:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:10 pm

Jorge14 wrote:Hopefully admin can get a still of it before he removes it.

Anybody wanting a new avatar can copy the following.

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:14 pm

Willy Nilly wrote:All good, honest fun though, which is far more than can be said of a certain poster on this thread. :shock:

I've only just got over the shock of the events on the way back and thank goodness Willy Nilly had my usual seat in the bus.

My hearing has improved no end since he syringed them with his tongue. :shock: :)

I hope he got lucky last night. I thought 'sausage-hunting' in Birmingham was more in YGA Saddler's line though. :wink:

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:15 pm

Willy Nilly wrote:All good, honest fun though, which is far more than can be said of a certain poster on this thread. :shock:

I've only just got over the shock of the events on the way back and thank goodness Willy Nilly had my usual seat in the bus.

My hearing has improved no end since he syringed them with his tongue. :shock: :)

I hope he got lucky last night. I thought 'sausage-hunting' in Birmingham was more in YGA Saddler's line though. :wink:

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:16 pm

I dont know how to do the moving ones :oops:

Joe90
Glitterati

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:10 pm

Exile wrote:
Jorge14 wrote:Hopefully admin can get a still of it before he removes it.

Anybody wanting a new avatar can copy the following.

Why the hell would anyone want an avatar of a self-confessed criminal?!

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:20 am

To make sure his face is known to everyone and hopefully someone will recognise him and know who he is

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:09 am

Im sure my bosses will find his picture very useful tommorrow, probably correspond with cctv footage, hope you regret your actions now
Last edited by Gaz the Train on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exile
Jobsworth

Ashleywalsall14

Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:23 am

If any regular (or other) user on Upthesaddlers recognises Ashleywalsall14 from either his avatar or any other personal connection I can only strongly urge you to do what is right and give his full name / place of employment to either Steve Roy (admin) on this site, or dob him straight in to the Walsall FC community police officer.

If you want to be really anonymous, I personally guarantee to remove all identifying marks if you email information to [email protected]

Please - let's preserve our great awayday reputation in the name of Walsall FC. We don't need impotent idiots like him getting his weekend jollies in our name.

Cheers,
Tim
Last edited by Exile on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:31 am

Just checked at work and passed on info about our vandal, there are no reports open at the minute, which leads me to believe that "messed up the train" means left a bit of litter or something minor like that, so it appears that Ashley, in this regard isn't the hard man he makes out to be and that he likes to exaggerate stories to look like the big man of the board, you watch next his "running out without paying" will be downgraded to running out without leaving a tip. There is only one thing worse than a tw*t and thats a tw*t that feels the need to tell lies in order to look hard

PATHETIC, Lets kick this scum out of football

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:51 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:The game passed Wrack (with the exception of his one excellent shot) and Sonko by again

Both were below par yesterday and weren't really in the game but we have been in excellent form recently since Wrack has been in midfield and Dobson has been missing and are looking much more difficult to breakdown. We still need to find the right balance in there but it's not as bad as many are trying to make out it just didn't happen too well yesterday.

As big a fan as I am of Ishmel he's much better at the moment as an impact player with 20-30 mins to go. We looked far more stable and kept the ball much more when Hall came on. Not MOTM like Burnside says but he added a lot to our game after his introduction.

A draw away is acceptable against whoever, especially against a team we'd played the week before which is never easy to do.

Just to make it clear, the again was aimed only at Sonko. I agree that Wrack has been ok in the centre recently (certainly better than I anticipated). However, we haven't played too many teams in that time who've tried to play it through the middle. Brighton were possibly the exception - and they did dominate that midfield battle.

We have been in excellent form recently, but as I say, the opposition's not been up to much. That's not to belittle what we've achieved (it'll be more than enough to see us comfortable in mid-table), but the next few games will be the big test of any aspirations to be in the shake-up for play-off spots at the end of the season. Forest and Leeds are going to play proper football and if Wrack and Bradley can't stop them then we could be on the wrong end of some pretty nasty scorelines.

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:20 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Just to make it clear, the again was aimed only at Sonko. I agree that Wrack has been ok in the centre recently (certainly better than I anticipated). However, we haven't played too many teams in that time who've tried to play it through the middle. Brighton were possibly the exception - and they did dominate that midfield battle.

We have been in excellent form recently, but as I say, the opposition's not been up to much. That's not to belittle what we've achieved (it'll be more than enough to see us comfortable in mid-table), but the next few games will be the big test of any aspirations to be in the shake-up for play-off spots at the end of the season. Forest and Leeds are going to play proper football and if Wrack and Bradley can't stop them then we could be on the wrong end of some pretty nasty scorelines.

For Nottingham and Leeds how would you suggest we play in order to be on the happy side of a scoreline? We have the players to play 5 across the middle Sweeney, Bradley, Wrack, Sonko and Hall might just work with Mooney playing up front (we could even swap Ricketts for Hall at the cost of mobility) Our defence is as solid as it's likely to be. I'd be happy with a draw against both Leeds and Forest and a 5 man midfield might be enough to do it.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Young_Tong wrote:For Nottingham and Leeds how would you suggest we play in order to be on the happy side of a scoreline? We have the players to play 5 across the middle Sweeney, Bradley, Wrack, Sonko and Hall might just work with Mooney playing up front (we could even swap Ricketts for Hall at the cost of mobility) Our defence is as solid as it's likely to be. I'd be happy with a draw against both Leeds and Forest and a 5 man midfield might be enough to do it.

I'm not sure to be honest. We're at home and should be looking to push on and win matches (certainly against Forest) so I'd be a bit reluctant to play five across the middle and basically say we're looking at a draw from the first whistle. I might do it against Leeds as the way things are going we won't lose ground on our rivals if we don't win that one, but against Forest tonight I'd like to think we'd go out looking to score the first goal - after which I'd back us to hold on for the win.

So, tonight I'd probably go back to the side that beat Northampton last week (Sweeney in for Ishmel), stick with that side against Crewe next weekend and hope Dobson (or Boertien) is fit enough to come in for Ricketts in the Leeds game. If not then I'd be tempted to go with the five you suggest against Leeds - although I'd expect them to bully Sonko and expose Hall's lack of pace if we did.

RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Re: Ashleywalsall14

Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Exile wrote:If any regular (or other) user on Upthesaddlers recognises Ashleywalsall14 from either his avatar or any other personal connection I can only strongly urge you to do what is right and give his full name / place of employment to either Steve Roy (admin) on this site, or dob him straight in to the Walsall FC community police officer.

If you want to be really anonymous, I personally guarantee to remove all identifying marks if you email information to [email protected]

Please - let's preserve our great awayday reputation in the name of Walsall FC. We don't need impotent idiots like him getting his weekend jollies in our name.

Cheers,
Tim

I know who he is, and he is still at school, ring the headteacher up, i'm sure he will be pleased, as he doesn't like his students being idiots in or out of school. so i'm sure that would be a start too ;)

[post moderated - language, even if it is accurate]

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:34 am

Rob_Walsall wrote
I know who he is, and he is still at school, ring the headteacher up, i'm sure he will be pleased, as he doesn't like his students being idiots in or out of school. so i'm sure that would be a start too ;)

Name & shame then Rob: -

Bernie
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:09 am

While the school might want to know about Ashley it is a bit much to expect the head of a school to be responsible for the misbehaviour of pupils at the weekends.

It is really up his parents to take action. I suppose there is a chance that they could themselves be scumbags who do not care what their lad does, or may be they are feckless deadbeats who have no control over him.

If Ashley's parents are any good at all then they would want to know that he has been boasting about stealing food, vandalising a train and getting drunk. They would insist that he apologises to the people whom he has upset and that he pays for the food he stole and for any damage to the train. It would not be necessary for the club to ban Ashley from future matches, his parents would make sure that he was not allowed to go again; for a start he would not have any more spare cash and perhaps need a Saturday job to earn the money to pay for what he had done.

It is not always the parents' fault when young people turn out wrong, but if they are aware that their lad is going off the rails and are doing nothing about it then they themselves should be up before the courts.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:12 am

Bernie wrote:While the school might want to know about Ashley it is a bit much to expect the head of a school to be responsible for the misbehaviour of pupils at the weekends.

It is really up his parents to take action. I suppose there is a chance that they could themselves be scumbags who do not care what their lad does, or may be they are feckless deadbeats who have no control over him.

If Ashley's parents are any good at all then they would want to know that he has been boasting about stealing food, vandalising a train and getting drunk. They would insist that he apologises to the people whom he has upset and that he pays for the food he stole and for any damage to the train. It would not be necessary for the club to ban Ashley from future matches, his parents would make sure that he was not allowed to go again.

It is not always the parents' fault when young people turn out wrong, but if they are aware that their lad is going off the rails and are doing nothing about it then they themselves should be up before the courts.

Like it. :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 am

Bloody kids

RobboH89
Glitterati

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:13 pm

Asps wrote:Rob_Walsall wrote

I don't know his last name, but i know that he is in year 9 or 10 at Shire Oak School in Walsall Wood. I'm trying to find out his last name. Already emailed admin :D

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:57 pm

Rob_Walsall wrote:

I don't know his last name, but i know that he is in year 9 or 10 at Shire Oak School in Walsall Wood. I'm trying to find out his last name. Already emailed admin :D

Well done Rob.

RobboH89
Glitterati

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:10 pm

Asps wrote:
Rob_Walsall wrote:

Well done Rob.

Why thankyou :D do i get a prize Tone? Couple of Million?

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:43 pm

Rob_Walsall wrote:
Asps wrote:
Rob_Walsall wrote:

Well done Rob.

Rob The Bounty Hunter :lol:

RobboH89
Glitterati

Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:17 pm

Asps wrote:
Rob_Walsall wrote:
Asps wrote:
Rob_Walsall wrote:

Well done Rob.

:D Might change my screen name to that ;)

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:06 am

Rob_Walsall wrote:
Asps wrote:
Rob_Walsall wrote:
Asps wrote:
Rob_Walsall wrote:

Well done Rob.

:D Might change my screen name to that ;)

Well done bra, go to christ, has anyone got a cigarette for this ashley guy?

PreviousNext
Return to 2007-08 Season