Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Northampton Town (A) F A Cup 2nd Round Saturday 1/12/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:29 am

Leamore Saddler wrote:I'm finding it difficult to recall the game as I am, along with Linda, Rachel, Asps, Willy-Nilly, OldPenkSaddler and several non-UTSers, battling to overcome the psychological trauma of witnessing a somewhat inebriated, stark-naked Beaver dancing to "Vindaloo" in the mini-bus, on the homeward journey. Not a pretty sight and definitely X-certificate stuff!

I will be seeking counselling if the memories do not fade, soon. Still, at least it reminded Linda that she had got sausage for tea! :D

(By the way, Linda - what WERE you and Steve doing on the floor of the minibus, as we left Northampton???)

PT
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:41 am

Exile wrote:
PT wrote:Just back - long day from up here, but always worth it.

Why British Transport Police felt that our train back to Brum needed two coppers in every carriage was beyond me. Absolute waste of our money.

PT, suggest the post above yours may shed some light.

some idiot chav pretending to be a footie fan wrote:Away support brilliant as usual, Took the train today with about 15 of my mates. Messed up the train and was chanting since 9 in the morning. Just got back as we stayed in Northampton for a bit, Had a pizza hut, 80 quids worth, And Ran off, Lmaooo.

What a twonk

Well done the lads on a draw - a money-spinning replay with their massive away crowd beckons.

My post must have crossed with the idiots post. It does explain the police presence on our train, unfortunately the police seem to have caught the wrong train - don't blame them because they probably guessed that our divs would want to get on the earliest train to meet the divs from Coventry, Sheffield, Villa and Arsenal. The police though probaby didn't reckon on our lot being even thicker than the average hoolie, not being anywhere near hard enough to go near any of those four (prefering to fight with train upholstery than like minded idiots) and seeing a runner from Pizza Hut as being a major result.

Oh, and can we ban Ashley from this site? :evil:

Maverick
UTS Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:17 am

Exile wrote:
1966 wrote:
AshleyWalsall14 wrote:Great - Messed up the train Had a pizza hut, 80 quids worth, And Ran off, Lmaooo, i was too messed up to pay any attention at the game.

Why bother going then.... you dont represent my club!!

Don't worry. We know the Transport police read the site every now and again, as does our Banks's community bobbie, and clueless Ash has his own photo in his avatar. Good luck at the next home game, mate. :lol:

I bet he wishes he hadn't had that second Shandy Bass now. :)

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:26 am

I always try to avoid offending posters on here, even those with whom I strongly disagree.
However, in the case of Ashley, I'm prepared to make an exception - T O S S E R! :twisted:

Note to moderators:- please don't edit this post as I am sure it sums up the feelings of nearly everyone on here.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:33 am

Leamore Saddler wrote:I'm finding it difficult to recall the game as I am, along with Linda, Rachel, Willy-Nilly, OldPenkSaddler and several non-UTSers, battling to overcome the psychological trauma of witnessing a somewhat inebriated, stark-naked Asps dancing to "Vindaloo" in the mini-bus, on the homeward journey. Not a pretty sight and definitely X-certificate stuff!

I will be seeking counselling if the memories do not fade, soon. Still, at least it reminded Linda that she had got sausage for tea! :D

(By the way, Linda - what WERE you and Steve doing on the floor of the minibus, as we left Northampton???)

Ermmm I wasn't on the floor with anyone :oops: (honest John) I am still traumatised by Asps too, think I'm scarred for life. Luckily I only got the back view and not the front like you Bob :lol:

The game was a bit dull, I'm glad I had that baileys to warm me up. It was freezing!. I was a bit disappointed with the score, but can't say anyone played badly. I Can't make the replay, but I don't think I could stand take 3 anyway :roll:

PT
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:46 am

Maverick wrote:
Exile wrote:
1966 wrote:
AshleyWalsall14 wrote:Great - Messed up the train Had a pizza hut, 80 quids worth, And Ran off, Lmaooo, i was too messed up to pay any attention at the game.

Why bother going then.... you dont represent my club!!

Don't worry. We know the Transport police read the site every now and again, as does our Banks's community bobbie, and clueless Ash has his own photo in his avatar. Good luck at the next home game, mate. :lol:

I bet he wishes he hadn't had that second Shandy Bass now. :)

What was I saying about our lot being thick? :D
I bet his Burberry pyjamas are a bit messy this morning. :D

Bernie
UTS Legend

Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:14 pm

PT wrote:Oh, and can we ban Ashley from this site? :evil:

Got to agree with you there. This site is not the place for morons to boast about their crimes, whether they are real or imagined.

Come to think of it I hope that admin will take steps to identify AshleyWalsall14 to the authorities. The police ought to be interested, but he should certainly also be banned from Banks's stadium. We really do not want people like him having anything at all to do with our club.

I have just contacted the Pizza Hut in Sixfields and talked to the staff there. They were still very upset by what had happened - a girl I spoke to said that the staff on duty last night were in tears about it. Apparently they held two of the group for a while after the others had run off, but eventually they had to let them go. I have sent an email with a link to this site to the manager of the snack bar in the hope that he will be able to use it to prosecute Ashley.
Last edited by Bernie on Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deanonev69
Glitterati

Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:32 pm

Top away day-game wasn't much to write about although thought our back four were outstanding. Midfield didn't get in game at all.

Yet again we proved that we can make some noise on the road-can we now please do it at home!!!!

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:58 pm

AshleyWalsall14 wrote:Great Today, Not as good as last week performance wise but overall i am pleased.

Away support brilliant as usual, Took the train today with about 15 of my mates. Messed up the train and was chanting since 9 in the morning. Just got back as we stayed in Northampton for a bit, Had a pizza hut, 80 quids worth, And Ran off, Lmaooo.

Gonna see it on match of the day in a minute, To have a closer look at the performance, As i was too messed up to pay any attention at the game.

His own avatar identifies him.

:roll:

deanonev69
Glitterati

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:38 pm

Bernie wrote:
PT wrote:Oh, and can we ban Ashley from this site? :evil:

Got to agree with you there. This site is not the place for morons to boast about their crimes, whether they are real or imagined.

Come to think of it I hope that admin will take steps to identify AshleyWalsall14 to the authorities. The police ought to be interested, but he should certainly also be banned from Banks's stadium. We really do not want people like him having anything at all to do with our club.

I have just contacted the Pizza Hut in Sixfields and talked to the staff there. They were still very upset by what had happened - a girl I spoke to said that the staff on duty last night were in tears about it. Apparently they held two of the group for a while after the others had run off, but eventually they had to let them go. I have sent an email with a link to this site to the manager of the snack bar in the hope that he will be able to use it to prosecute Ashley.

Bernie-fantastic action by yourself. Can't believe that this idiot is so stupid to brag about his actions on a site that is overwhelmingly full of true Walsall fans who will not tolerate this sort of thing in general but definitely not whilst representing our club.

Mind you, like Jorge states above, this person is so stupid to brag about it and then display an avatar that clearly shows him!!!

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:51 pm

Hopefully admin can get a still of it before he removes it.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:54 pm

I messed up the train, i IZ hard bludz.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:58 pm

AshleyWalsall14 wrote:Great Today, Not as good as last week performance wise but overall i am pleased.

Away support brilliant as usual, Took the train today with about 15 of my mates. Messed up the train and was chanting since 9 in the morning. Just got back as we stayed in Northampton for a bit, Had a pizza hut, 80 quids worth, And Ran off, Lmaooo.

Gonna see it on match of the day in a minute, To have a closer look at the performance, As i was too messed up to pay any attention at the game.

please tell me you were not wearing Walsall colours :twisted:

addo
UTS Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Your parents must be very proud of you . :shock: :shock:

I'm sure they will look forward to bailing you out.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:24 pm

Best thing you can do now Ashley is get down to Pizza Hut asap, apologise & settle the bill. If you can't get to Northampton go to your nearest one.

We've all made mistakes in our time - the lesson is to take responsibility and learn from it.

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:48 pm

A great statement to make esp with at least 1 rail employee actively posting on here. Makes you proud that not only do people get a kick out of doing it, but then broadcasting it too, and then people like me get it in the neck because services are late or cancelled because some lille p***k has vandalised their train

Willy Nilly
UTS Regular

Location: All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:27 pm

Jorge14 wrote:Hopefully admin can get a still of it before he removes it.

I would have thought that if, as hoped, he has been banned, he won't be able to log-on to remove either his post, or his avatar.

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:38 pm

Willy Nilly wrote:
Jorge14 wrote:Hopefully admin can get a still of it before he removes it.

I would have thought that if, as hoped, he has been banned, he won't be able to log-on to remove either his post, or his avatar.

Or not, lets see if he has the bottle to come back on here now knowing what a t**t he's made of himself and has made a written confession on here to two crimes, I deal with the BTP on a regular basis and I'm sure they would love this information, I'm sure too that Walsall Fc would take a very dim view of this kind of "fan" (allegedly)

Tony Hayers

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:13 pm

How lovely, running from Pizza Hut leaving the waitress who served you £80 down. That money comes out of their tips and wages for the night and with my girlfriend working at Pizza Hut she has had to pay out her whole weekends worth of tips on more than one occasion because of little turds like you. Don't be scared when you start getting hairs down below, its a sign of growing up. Judging by your actions, you haven't reached that stage yet.

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:22 pm

Asps wrote:
Leamore Saddler wrote:I'm finding it difficult to recall the game as I am, along with Linda, Rachel, Asps, Willy-Nilly, OldPenkSaddler and several non-UTSers, battling to overcome the psychological trauma of witnessing a somewhat inebriated, stark-naked Beaver dancing to "Vindaloo" in the mini-bus, on the homeward journey. Not a pretty sight and definitely X-certificate stuff!

I'm guessing asps has a shirt with Beaver and a number 8 on it. I saw you up the corner in TGI Friday. Was that your flag in the window? Whoever put it there, nice touch :D

Great away support again. Those that travel to most away matches really do us proud. I have to work alternate saturdays so can't go away very often but you lot are a credit to Walsall FC. Mrs Goose was very impressed with the noise. She loved Paul Hall's song :)

Willy Nilly
UTS Regular

Location: All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:31 pm

Goose277 wrote:
Asps wrote:

I'm guessing asps has a shirt with Beaver and a number 8 on it. I saw you up the corner in TGI Friday. Was that your flag in the window? Whoever put it there, nice touch :D

Great away support again. Those that travel to most away matches really do us proud. I have to work alternate saturdays so can't go away very often but you lot are a credit to Walsall FC. Mrs Goose was very impressed with the noise. She loved Paul Hall's song :)

That was Beaver with the Walsall shirt on, Goose, although you're right, that was us lot in the corner of TGI's. Asps was there, and he actually had all his clothes on at that time.

You should have come over and introduced yourself.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Goose277 wrote:
Asps wrote:
Leamore Saddler wrote:I'm finding it difficult to recall the game as I am, along with Linda, Rachel, Willy-Nilly, OldPenkSaddler and several non-UTSers, battling to overcome the psychological trauma of witnessing a somewhat inebriated, stark-naked Asps dancing to "Vindaloo" in the mini-bus, on the homeward journey. Not a pretty sight and definitely X-certificate stuff!

I'm guessing Asps has a shirt with Beaver and a number 8 on it. I saw you up the corner in TGI Friday. Was that your flag in the window? Whoever put it there, nice touch :D

No, Beaver and Asps are two different people. Beaver was the one performing with Linda, on the floor of the minibus (which she denies - yeah, right, whatever!).

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Willy Nilly wrote:That was Beaver with the Walsall shirt on, Goose, although you're right, that was us lot in the corner of TGI's. Asps was there, and he actually had all his clothes on at that time.

I didn't know it was you. When I saw asps had changed the quote to beaver, I figured he was ashamed of his antics and was using another name. I remember seeing someone with beaver on the back of his shirt, a woman sitting on someone's lap (I'm now guessing Linda) and an older guy with a jumper on up the corner. If I can remember your faces, I'll say hello next time.

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:46 pm

My young son left the house this afternoon traurmatized when i told him about Asps he would not believe his best friend could do such a thing.By the way Aps do you want your hairs back.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Goose277 wrote:
Willy Nilly wrote:That was Beaver with the Walsall shirt on, Goose, although you're right, that was us lot in the corner of TGI's. Asps was there, and he actually had all his clothes on at that time.

I didn't know it was you. When I saw asps had changed the quote to beaver, I figured he was ashamed of his antics and was using another name. I remember seeing someone with beaver on the back of his shirt, a woman sitting on someone's lap (I'm now guessing Linda) and an older guy with a jumper on up the corner. If I can remember your faces, I'll say hello next time.

Guilty as charged Sir, but in my defence I was drunk and Brian stole my seat :oops:

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Leamore Saddler wrote:
Goose277 wrote:
Asps wrote:

I'm guessing Asps has a shirt with Beaver and a number 8 on it. I saw you up the corner in TGI Friday. Was that your flag in the window? Whoever put it there, nice touch :D

No, Beaver and Asps are two different people. Beaver was the one performing with Linda, on the floor of the minibus (which she denies - yeah, right, whatever!).

I honestly can't remember that, can remember Asps had Beaver pinned down doing what doggies do :wink:

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:12 pm

i was very well behaved yesterday! i didnt drink alot either, unlike some people on the mini bus! :roll: 8)

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:25 pm

I can't believe that fellow members of Fagin Travel took advantage of a slightly tipsy, sleepy, middle aged man, stripping me off like that. Totally out of order.

Then to be thrown off the bus alone in Brum :(

Also, the breach of the Fagin Travel rule "What goes on tour stays on tour" is unforgiveable.

Animals the lot of ya :wink:

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 pm

Asps wrote:I can't believe that fellow members of Fagin Travel took advantage of a slightly tipsy, sleepy, middle aged man, stripping me off like that. Totally out of order.

Also, the breach of the Fagin Travel rule "What goes on tour stays on tour" is unforgiveable.

Animals the lot of you :wink:

I can't remember half of what I am supposed to have done, I bet we didn't do anything really and are on a wind up :oops:

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:33 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
Asps wrote:I can't believe that fellow members of Fagin Travel took advantage of a slightly tipsy, sleepy, middle aged man, stripping me off like that. Totally out of order.

Animals the lot of you :wink:

I can't remember half of what I am supposed to have done, I bet we didn't do anything really and are on a wind up :oops:

Thats a relief, thank you.

PreviousNext
Return to 2007-08 Season