Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Northampton Town (A) League 1 Saturday 24/11/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:25 pm

As others have said, this was the ideal away performance. We definitely had to withstand some pressure at times but did it well (despite their effort that everyone seemed to think was over the line). Very hard to pick a man of the match because everyone played their part. But if I had to single one out it would be Bradley - scored one, made one, and is flavour of the month for his goal for the Under-21s in midweek. One other point - both goals involved some superb build-up play. If Arsenal or Liverpool had scored a goal on the break like Ishy's, then we wouldn't hear the end of it on MotD.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:06 am

Registered Saddler wrote:As others have said, this was the ideal away performance. We definitely had to withstand some pressure at times but did it well (despite their effort that everyone seemed to think was over the line). Very hard to pick a man of the match because everyone played their part. But if I had to single one out it would be Bradley - scored one, made one, and is flavour of the month for his goal for the Under-21s in midweek. One other point - both goals involved some superb build-up play. If Arsenal or Liverpool had scored a goal on the break like Ishy's, then we wouldn't hear the end of it on MotD.

What makes you so sure Robbie Earle won't do a five minute feature on it on The Championship tomorrow morning? :D :wink:

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:08 am

What a ball from Bradley to set up Ishy , great stuff .

Norfolk_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:50 pm

I know. Absolutely quality.

Can't beat scoring away from home, when you can see the goal happening in slow motion five seconds before hand.

Last thing i remebered was yeliing at Bradley, "Ishy back post, ishy back Flaming Post!!!!!!"

Superb. :lol:

coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:02 pm

Saw the goals this morning on the tele..Great finesh by Isshy!

Can't wait for next week.. :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:14 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
Registered Saddler wrote:As others have said, this was the ideal away performance. We definitely had to withstand some pressure at times but did it well (despite their effort that everyone seemed to think was over the line). Very hard to pick a man of the match because everyone played their part. But if I had to single one out it would be Bradley - scored one, made one, and is flavour of the month for his goal for the Under-21s in midweek. One other point - both goals involved some superb build-up play. If Arsenal or Liverpool had scored a goal on the break like Ishy's, then we wouldn't hear the end of it on MotD.

What makes you so sure Robbie Earle won't do a five minute feature on it on The Championship tomorrow morning? :D :wink:

Did he? :D

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:15 pm

Exile wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:

Did he? :D

No. :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:19 pm

Seriously, that would be because they only usually have one camera angle, so they can't repeat the goal eighteen times by editing footage from ten cameras. Such is life.

ws3
Glitterati

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:23 pm

Norfolk_Saddler wrote:I know. Absolutely quality.

Can't beat scoring away from home, when you can see the goal happening in slow motion five seconds before hand.

Last thing i remebered was yeliing at Bradley, "Ishy back post, ishy back Flaming Post!!!!!!"

Superb. :lol:

I've just uploaded the goal onto youtube. Does it take a while to appear as it ain't on there yet.

TimWilkes
Glitterati

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:42 am

Great result and very good away performance. Looked solid at the back apart from a five minute spell that lead to the goalmouth scramble.

Good to see DD berating Sonko for pretending to be injured and gesturing at him to get up and get behind the ball....which he did!

A worry for next week . Northampton cannot be that feeble again. The manager will surely make them watch a video of the game, particularly the showboating of Wrack and Sweeney down by the corner flag near the end, and get them very fired up.

PS
First two pubs I went into did not have draught bitter - Bloody Gordon Brown!! :roll:

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:51 am

Cobblers boss Stuart Gray has promised us a sterner test for the cup tie .

we'll see

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:10 pm

TimWilkes wrote:Great result and very good away performance. Looked solid at the back apart from a five minute spell that lead to the goalmouth scramble.

Good to see DD berating Sonko for pretending to be injured and gesturing at him to get up and get behind the ball....which he did!

A worry for next week . Northampton cannot be that feeble again. The manager will surely make them watch a video of the game, particularly the showboating of Wrack and Sweeney down by the corner flag near the end, and get them very fired up.

PS
First two pubs I went into did not have draught bitter - Bloody Gordon Brown!! :roll:

I did think that was a little bit short-sighted considering that we had to play them again next Saturday!!

Still think that we should be ok though - they didn't seem to have the players to exploit our weaknesses (when you just lump it 80 yards from the back you can't test central midfield out). :wink:

Atomic Rooster
UTS Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:32 pm

UTS Legend

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:08 am

ws3 wrote:
I've just uploaded the goal onto youtube. Does it take a while to appear as it ain't on there yet.

Excellent!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzk7lcr389g[/youtube]

UTS Legend

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:51 am

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:50 am

Its just like watching Brazil :D

Previous
Return to 2007-08 Season