Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Luton Town (H) League 1 Saturday 17/11/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:21 pm

Gaz the Train wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Duke wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Duke wrote:Ince made the team of the week in this mornings Sun with a rating of 7.

did he actually have a save to make ?

He did make a good save in the first half, Dave. Also, his catching from corners and crosses was excellent.

his catching was good KC I agree , Can't recall the save every Luton effort went well wide as i remember ,

There was one great save first half - to his left side of the goal, when their player was through and shot low and hard. Ince put himself on the ground to block the shot. Think Fox got caught out going forward, and their midfielder lofted a great ball into the channel behind Fox. I was sat right by the save (in the Family Stand for once - it was Prince Crimson's birthday bash).

The save he made was when everyone in the FTG was goading the stewards for making dancing boy sit down, and no one seemed to be watching the match, I paid attention and noted it was a smart block :)

Yeah, it was a very smart save. Much more demanding than anything that we forced Brill into at the other end - which is a shame as he looked to have a liking for the pies and anything in the corners may have posed a real problem for him.

Ince looks back to his best after what was a bit of a ropy start to the season. If he keeps it up then that'll be a major plus for us as he won us lots of points last season.

machew
UTS Regular

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:25 pm

I was generally pleased with a point with the midfield that we had to put out.

My main frustration, apart fom a ref with serious eye sight problems, was that the vast majority of balls we played to Mooney were in the air. Once it became clear that their number 6 was dominant in the air why could we not try playing the ball to feet ???

I'm not sure if I agree that Wrack is a spent force, but without selection problems my first choice midfield would not include him.

Previous
Return to 2007-08 Season