Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brighton And Hove Albion (A) League 1 Tuesday 6/11/07

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Joe90
Glitterati

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:46 am

"Charmed life". Yup. That sums it up!

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:52 am

Joe90 wrote:"Charmed life". Yup. That sums it up!

Charmed life in that they couldn't hit the target with any power, but it's not as if Clayton had any difficult saves to make all night. I thought we had as many chances to win it from 1-1 as they did actually - at least one header from a set piece and Ishmel looked more prepared to run at them. It was the first 77 minutes that were the problem!!

With the heart that we showed last night (and at other times through the season), though, we've nothing to fear from the bottom of this division.

Joe90
Glitterati

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:58 am

Plastic Hawk wrote:

Charmed life in that they couldn't hit the target with any power, but it's not as if Clayton had any difficult saves to make all night. I thought we had as many chances to win it from 1-1 as they did actually - at least one header from a set piece and Ishmel looked more prepared to run at them. It was the first 77 minutes that were the problem!!

With the heart that we showed last night (and at other times through the season), though, we've nothing to fear from the bottom of this division.

Exactly. We only came alive (from what I could see) after the equaliser.

Over The Moon
UTS Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:01 am

YGA Saddler wrote:
Duke wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:I reckon they've covered us for the sum total of around 180seconds, thats all.

Totally disgraceful. It's such bad coverage I don't even know how bad we're playing

They have said its a slightly more even contest .

what ever that means :?

Liverpool have been mentioned more than us :lol:

I have emailed Regan about the poor coverage this morning i know other people have tried and failed, but i thought i would give it go after all i think it's worse than ever now.
Here is the E-Mail

Hello Mr Regan
Just asking the question why do you never have Walsall games on live unless no one else is playing. I tuned in last night to find another Wolves game on i have lost count how many times Wolves have had live coverage this season and to my suprise you have got them live again this Saturday.
I know they have alot more fans than us but it would be nice every now and again to have a Walsall game for example last night when there would not be many Walsall fans been able to get to Brightion on a Tuesday night. After all i pay my licence fee as much as a Wolves fan does and they have got there own radio station and another local station that covers them alot. I look forward to your reply.
Regards
Simon Craddock.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:21 am

Joe90 wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:

Exactly. We only came alive (from what I could see) after the equaliser.

In fairness, it can't be the easiest place for a professional side to go to and get themselves up to play. It's basically a local leisure centre, not a football ground (there was even an aerobics class visible through the leisure centre window in the first half :roll: ) and like an away game to a non-league side in the FA Cup. Almost as big an advantage for Brighton (since they're used to it) as a really tight, intimidating ground - at least pros are used to playing at places like that!

I'd expect us to roll Brighton over back at Bescot later in the season.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:23 am

cal's a saddler wrote:I have to say I'm happy with a point away from home! We have never travelled well, and only under DD have we managed to have confidence to go and battle for points, so long may it continue!
And hey we are again in the top half of the table I'd settle for that at the end of this season!!!

I am sure you have been going longer than that ? :?

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 pm

there was even an aerobics class visible through the leisure centre window in the first half

No wonder you didn't see much of the game :lol: :shock:

Tell us more :P

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:13 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:
there was even an aerobics class visible through the leisure centre window in the first half

No wonder you didn't see much of the game :lol: :shock:

Tell us more :P

Not much more to tell to be honest. Could only see from about the thighs up to the neck area - and the windows were getting steamy by half time.

Hang on, that makes me sound even worse doesn't it...?

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:35 pm

Just seen Ishy's goal on central news. A lovely turn to make space for himself and a quality strike from just outside the box. Great goal.

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:59 pm

Saw the goal too a beauty .

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Over The Moon wrote:
YGA Saddler wrote:
Duke wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:I reckon they've covered us for the sum total of around 180seconds, thats all.

Totally disgraceful. It's such bad coverage I don't even know how bad we're playing

I have emailed Regan about the poor coverage this morning i know other people have tried and failed, but i thought i would give it go after all i think it's worse than ever now.
Here is the E-Mail

Hello Mr Regan
Just asking the question why do you never have Walsall games on live unless no one else is playing. I tuned in last night to find another Wolves game on i have lost count how many times Wolves have had live coverage this season and to my suprise you have got them live again this Saturday.
I know they have alot more fans than us but it would be nice every now and again to have a Walsall game for example last night when there would not be many Walsall fans been able to get to Brightion on a Tuesday night. After all i pay my licence fee as much as a Wolves fan does and they have got there own radio station and another local station that covers them alot. I look forward to your reply.
Regards
Simon Craddock.

You forgot the bit about the population of Walsall being more than Wolverhampton. :wink:

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:11 pm

DD's comments on events at the Withdean.
http://www.expressandstar.com/2007/11/0 ... er-strike/

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:56 pm

Over The Moon wrote:
YGA Saddler wrote:
Duke wrote:

Here is the E-Mail

Hello Mr Regan
Regards
Simon Craddock.

All the best Si, you'll need it. I tried emailing him a few years ago. To be fair he did email me back with a full response. Actually we swapped 2 or 3 emails. Trouble is, he just won't admit that they are any way biased (except for arguing that the BBC is now chasing the ratings like other commercial organisations).

He asked me a couple of times to meet him at the Mailbox for a coffe and a chat. No point in having half a day off work just to bang your head against a brick wall.

My main gripe at the time was that a Walsall penalty shoot out was ignored in order to go to the Late Show. He wouldn't admit that if other, larger clubs had been in a penalty shoot out they would have delayed the start of the Late Show. Yeah, right :roll:

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:00 pm

tinned wrote:All the best Si, you'll need it. I tried emailing him a few years ago. To be fair he did email me back with a full response. Actually we swapped 2 or 3 emails. Trouble is, he just won't admit that they are any way biased (except for arguing that the BBC is now chasing the ratings like other commercial organisations).

But the BBC isn't a commercial organization like the "others". It doesn't have anything to sell (within the UK at least) and it is funded almost entirely by tax revenue. The sooner they realize that, stop chasing ratings and get back to making quality (and different) content that sets them apart from the commercial sector the better for everyone - and most of all for the BBC, which would be able to get back to being the vibrant organization that it ought to be. If they want to be a "commercial organization" then the government ought to let them advertise, cut them adrift financially and concentrate on giving Channel 4 more cash.

sack

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:11 pm

well waht a nasty little team, with there please sir please sir whining, with there nasty little ground, what a tip. brighton the only club were a manager being told he needs to watch his backside means the fans actually do like him. i for 1 am not going there again. well done the lads for taking a point not a great performance but job done and i'll take that every time over the opposite, what a horrible place, for god sake i got told i was cute by some fairy on the way out, you don't need it mate, horrible, and this weeks summing up word has to be dump.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:02 am

sack wrote:well waht a nasty little team, with there please sir please sir whining, with there nasty little ground, what a tip. brighton the only club were a manager being told he needs to watch his backside means the fans actually do like him. i for 1 am not going there again. well done the lads for taking a point not a great performance but job done and i'll take that every time over the opposite, what a horrible place, for god sake i got told i was cute by some fairy on the way out, you don't need it mate, horrible, and this weeks summing up word has to be dump.

Oh that made me laugh :D

Was he holding a tube of KY Jelly :D

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:10 am

sack wrote:well waht a nasty little team, with there please sir please sir whining, with there nasty little ground, what a tip. brighton the only club were a manager being told he needs to watch his backside means the fans actually do like him. i for 1 am not going there again. well done the lads for taking a point not a great performance but job done and i'll take that every time over the opposite, what a horrible place, for god sake i got told i was cute by some fairy on the way out, you don't need it mate, horrible, and this weeks summing up word has to be dump.

Yuo have been to the same pub as me!! :D

sack

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 am

i was to scared to look what he was holding.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 am

sack wrote:i was to scared to look what he was holding.

:D

Thanks you made my night

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:48 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think there's any chance he was just trying to wind you up and get a reaction? :wink:

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 am

tinned wrote:My main gripe at the time was that a Walsall penalty shoot out was ignored in order to go to the Late Show. He wouldn't admit that if other, larger clubs had been in a penalty shoot out they would have delayed the start of the Late Show. Yeah, right :roll:

...which of course they did later that season when Wolves were in the FA Youth Cup.

Stalky

Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:12 pm

Watch THAT goal again!!!

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/pag ... 98,00.html

Sorry, didn't realise that it was on another thread.

Previous
Return to 2007-08 Season