Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

A.F.C. Bournemouth (A) League 1 Saturday 27/10/7

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 pm

Disconcerting - we normally get the half time rubbish gubbins. Was worried when it cut straight to Wolves after the whistle went!

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 pm

Dont they normally turn it off at half time so you dont have to listen to kearns talking about his arthritis?

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:04 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Dont they normally turn it off at half time so you dont have to listen to kearns talking about his arthritis?

Yes, but it made a nice change being told how Chasetown, Tamworth and Rushall were getting on. :)

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:11 pm

Not playing well but its these type of games we snatch a result.

Come on boys!!!

Norfolk_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:14 pm

We sound dreadful.

Do I make the trip next week, or not? Am seriously considering dropping out, as I think if I have to watch 90 minutes of DD not reacting to blindingly obvious shortcomings, i may lose it completely.

Having said that, there is the Running Man in the Lower F2G, i suppose. Always worth the journey!

We should be getting at least four points out of the Bournemouth and Cheltenham games.

Not happy.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:16 pm

Norfolk_Saddler wrote:We sound dreadful.

Do I make the trip next week, or not? Am seriously considering dropping out, as I think if I have to watch 90 minutes of DD not reacting to blindingly obvious shortcomings, i may lose it completely.

Having said that, there is the Running Man in the Lower F2G, i suppose. Always worth the journey!

We should be getting at least four points out of the Bournemouth and Cheltenham games.

Not happy.

:roll:

Doncaster, Hartlepool, Millwall. Give it time. We're usually stronger in the second half.

The time for disection is when the game has ended. No wonder our away support is always better, all the negativity is usually left on here! Glad I don't have to put up with it that often.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:16 pm

16 minutes past 4 and not a single word about Walsall on WM :cry:

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Sonko off for Hall

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:18 pm

philthesaddler wrote:16 minutes past 4 and not a single word about Walsall on WM :cry:

But Wolves, the biggest team in the world are on and we have to know about how Ipswich are stuffing them! :? :D

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:19 pm

Goose277 wrote:Sonko off for Hall

:roll: :roll:

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:20 pm

Some more youth and pace in the side then :shock:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:22 pm

YGA Saddler wrote:

:roll: :roll:

Sonko was poor last week to be fair so if he's playing like that again he deserves to go off, and Hall made the difference at Hartlepool so there's no reason why he can't again.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:23 pm

How we playing? WM continue to not mention us :cry:

Norfolk_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:24 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

Not happy.

Doncaster, Hartlepool, Millwall. Give it time. We're usually stronger in the second half.

The time for disection is when the game has ended. No wonder our away support is always better, all the negativity is usually left on here! Glad I don't have to put up with it that often.

What exactly, have I "Disected"? If you bother to read the post properly, you'll see that three of my comments are in the future tense, and two in the present tense. Nothing in the past tense. An attempt at humour in the middle.

Hardly disecting, is it?

Chill out. :lol: :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:24 pm

Deeney for Dobson

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:25 pm

philthesaddler wrote:How we playing? WM continue to not mention us :cry:

Don't know, all I can tell you is that we've not had 54% of possession but Boremuff are way ahead on corners, crosses and shots on goal. Come on you saddlers.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:26 pm

Sounds poor to be honest.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Norfolk_Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Not happy.

What exactly, have I "Disected"? If you bother to read the post properly, you'll see that three of my comments are in the future tense, and two in the present tense. Nothing in the past tense. An attempt at humour in the middle.

Hardly disecting, is it?

"We should be getting 4 points from Boremuff and Cheltenham". We still could.

"Should I bother next week?"

No.

Exile
Jobsworth

You should have had an update on WM about now!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Magic Man Fan wrote:

Don't know, all I can tell you is that we've not had 54% of possession but Boremuff are way ahead on corners, crosses and shots on goal. Come on you saddlers.

57% on BBC now

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:27 pm

Exile wrote:You should have had an update on WM about now!

Rushden v Solihull is much more important!

They've just had an update on us. Nothing of note.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:28 pm

Think we need a replacement for Mattis and a striker

Norfolk_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Magic Man Fan wrote:

We're not really creating, sound like we have no legs in the middle again and have had a few close calls at the back.

For what it's worth, its "the worst 45 minutes" Mick Kearns has seen for a long time. But then again, he says that most weeks.

I think if we get Mattis some wheels in time for the Cheltenham game, we might be ok.

Exile
Jobsworth

Magic Man Fan wrote:

You said it. :wink:

Norfolk_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:29 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Norfolk_Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Not happy.

Hardly disecting, is it?

No.

Time of the month? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:31 pm

McDermott on for ASBO.

Joe90
Glitterati

Exile wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

You said it. :wink:

The highlight of the second half was Mick's use of the phrase (and I use the term loosely) "comperatative 4-4-2".

I've thought about it for 5mins and I still don't know whether he meant "competitive" or "comparative".

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Exile wrote:McDermott on for ASBO.

None of his subs have provided me with much enthusiasm

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Norfolk_Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
Norfolk_Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Not happy.

Hardly disecting, is it?

No.

Time of the month? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not at all. Just makes me laugh when people are so negative about a match they're not even watching based on non existent reports from WM and a scoreline, just because it's the bottom team we're playing.

Does that mean we were wrong to have beaten Doncaster who have spent huge amounts on squad building and drawing at Tranmere when they were top.

Swings and roundabouts.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:32 pm

YGA Saddler wrote:
Exile wrote:McDermott on for ASBO.

None of his subs have provided me with much enthusiasm

None of the players subbed had any either.

PreviousNext
Return to 2007-08 Season