Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

A.F.C. Bournemouth (A) League 1 Saturday 27/10/7

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
cal's a saddler
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:57 pm

Sounds as though we were woeful down there, but a point is a point so hey I'll take that!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wrack4England wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:
YGA Saddler wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:
KJC wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:Wrackyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a clockwork radio.... If you do, I think it needs winding up!!

:lol: :D

its not my fault bbc is so slow. i don't get radio wm. but still Wracky scored. best player on the team :D

Wanna buy a DVD?

How much?

£9.99 - available at http://www.darrenwrack.co.uk :lol:

i'm pre-ordering 20

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just listened to Dork-ins summary. Someone give him the razor blades now, he sounds depressed to say we've won. They'll just have to keep doing their best to hound DD out.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Aldridge Steve wrote:Come on then all the whingers that didn;t want Wrack in the team.... what have you got to say for yourselves? :lol:

Ive got to say this. Thats all hes done in about the last 5 years! Oh and that goal at MK Dons! Good that he has done well today, but im sorry he has been poor for the last few years.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Ego Sum Ego Existo wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:Come on then all the whingers that didn;t want Wrack in the team.... what have you got to say for yourselves? :lol:

Ive got to say this. Thats all hes done in about the last 5 years! Oh and that goal at MK Dons! Good that he has done well today, but im sorry he has been poor for the last few years.

Ignoring a major injury that kept him out for half of that time. I thought you'd be sympathetic as you get injured tripping over a caterpillar whereas Wrack had a real injury. ;)

You ask most of the players at the club and they'll all tell you Wrack is one of the best on the ball which is why he keeps getting contracts (that and his mate Merson :D)

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:
YGA Saddler wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:
KJC wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:Wrackyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not my fault bbc is so slow. i don't get radio wm. but still Wracky scored. best player on the team :D

Wanna buy a DVD?

How much?

i'm pre-ordering 20

Just listened to Dork-ins summary. Someone give him the razor blades now, he sounds depressed to say we've won. They'll just have to keep doing their best to hound DD out.[/quote]

To be fair I don't think he needs a lot of help !

Note to self, not listening to the radio this evening :D Or post on UTS after a gallon of premier !

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:
YGA Saddler wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:
KJC wrote:

Wanna buy a DVD?

How much?

i'm pre-ordering 20

Just listened to Dork-ins summary. Someone give him the razor blades now, he sounds depressed to say we've won. They'll just have to keep doing their best to hound DD out.[/quote]

Note to self, not listening to the radio this evening :D Or post on UTS after a gallon of premier !

But your posts are soooooooo good when you're pi####d :D

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Ego Sum Ego Existo wrote:

totally agree , so pleased its not just me.

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:03 pm

Leeds now in play off position :evil:

4 points off the top :evil: :evil:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Goose277 wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:
YGA Saddler wrote:
Aldridge Steve wrote:
Wrack4England wrote:
KJC wrote:

Wanna buy a DVD?

How much?

i'm pre-ordering 20

But your posts are soooooooo good when you're pi####d :D

I beg to differ!

PT
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:59 pm

Chuffed to bits he scored. He likes Bournemouth.

Two away equalisers in a year - I'm suddenly understanding his genius and memories of the abomination against Swansea and the sitter against Vale are slowly dissipating as I see the light. :wink:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:14 pm

WRACKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-1

:D

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:19 pm

King Crimson wrote:WRACKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-1

:D

Fancy a job for the BBC? :D

saddla
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:31 pm

First half we were diabolical. Eddie didn't beat a man once and consistently sold our defenders short when passing back. Perhaps he doesn't like the cold 'cause it was freezing.
One shot on goal all the first half is just not good enough. We were second to every ball in the midfield and resorted to hoof ball and we couldn't even do that right always finding their players.
Second half I was expecting DD to have given them hell during the break but we came out exactly playing like we did in the first half.
Paul Hall came on for the abysmal Sonko and things improved a bit. Abit fortunate to come away with a point I felt,although the goal was very well taken in close by Wracky following good work by Deeney.

Afew good beers in Bournemouth tonight as I think we robbed 'em.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Just got in from seeing Bath City v Torquay. Tony Bedeau was his usual mediocre self at right back and Colin Lee wore a nice coat. Bath missed a penalty and an open goal and were overall unlucky to lose to the Conference leaders.

Us? well, an away draw is an away draw and I'll take the point. A poor display by all accounts at a bottom-of-the-league side but until we get a proper replacement for Mattis [and an additional forward] it will not get any better than that, and will probably get worse.

Overall, I'm pleased with a point but we need strengthening in certain key areas. Until we do, I can see a gradual slide down the table.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Im happy with any point away from home usually, but im dissapointed tonight because bournemouth are a league two team.

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:10 pm

I was right.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:32 pm

There is no getting away from it, this was a very poor performance. In the first half we were just dreadful. Hopeful hoof balls upfield which either came straight back or just sailed out of play. There was a spell in the second half where we applied pressure for about 10 minutes. Bournmouth were very poor, but in their favour were up for it and won most 50-50 balls. A bit more pressure on 80 minutes got us a goal but with a proper game plan and by passing the ball along the ground instead of aimless punts upfield it would have been three. Verdict: Not good enough

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:55 pm

Brilliant day, got to paddle in the sea, have a laugh with good friends and see the Saddlers get a well deserved point. We weren't very good first half, second half a lot better and a fantastic away following that was loud!!!

fez_the_saddler

Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:22 pm

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:27 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:I can see this one being a draw. They're yet to win at home in the league, but managed to beat us in the cup. We're on a bit of a roll away from home but were largely disappointing last week.

1-1. Wrack with our goal.

I was bound to get one right eventually. :D

I'm pretty happy with a point away from home. Had we lost this game, I'd be a bit worried that some sort of 'rot' had set in, so to speak. Next week's game is winnable and we'll hopefully have another player on board by then.

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:52 pm

A draw away is always good , but if I'm honest I'm a little disappointed we did'nt take the 3 points . , with Bournemouth looking certs for the drop.

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:08 pm

A long way to go to see such a poor performance from both sides. Ishy and Sonko never got in the game and it wasn't until McDermott came on that we livened up.

Wrack was dismal and should have been taken off long before he scored :roll:

Ended up with a point against a side we should easily be beating.

Still, excellent day out. Think Kiansmom enjoyed herself before her birthday on Tuesday and thanks to Brian and Willy Nilly for the lift. Nice touch with the french sticks, Dave, very up-market. :D

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:34 pm

French sticks , what ever happened to the cheese `n onion cobs.

sack

Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:46 pm

well not good, but not a total disaster, but we couldn't win before DM came, we didn't loose when he was here, and we haven't won since he's gone, come on it's not rocket science, a box to box midfielder in this week please DD, if you have tryed then try a bit harder, o and one who can actually win the ball would be good, and today's summing up word has to be lacking.

Willy Nilly
UTS Regular

Location: All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:06 pm

clawtheolder wrote:French sticks , what ever happened to the cheese `n onion cobs.

Sainsbury's had sold out of cobs, and 24hr Tesco only had 4 (and-a-half) loose, and evidently, much handled offerings, so 3 French sticks sufficed. Not bad though. You should have been there cto. You could even have had a paddle in the sea. :wink:

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:00 pm

Willy Nilly wrote:
clawtheolder wrote:French sticks , what ever happened to the cheese `n onion cobs.

Sainsbury's had sold out of cobs, and 24hr Tesco only had 4 (and-a-half) loose, and evidently, much handled offerings, so 3 French sticks sufficed. Not bad though. You should have been there cto. You could even have had a paddle in the sea. :wink:

i thought that said piddle for one moment. :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:04 am

clawtheolder wrote:
Willy Nilly wrote:

i thought that said piddle for one moment. :lol:

So did 80% of visitors to Bournemouth aged over 70.

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:59 am

fez_the_saddler wrote:read that then.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/sh ... p?t=149266

Don't bother :oops: , embarrassing performance by Walsall poster unable to counter all the obvious witty comments.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:21 am

whats suprised about yesterday is the reports of lack of width , with Sonko and Ishmel both starting. which tells me we did'nt have any control in the midfield.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:45 am

OldPenkSaddler wrote:A long way to go to see such a poor performance from both sides. Ishy and Sonko never got in the game and it wasn't until McDermott came on that we livened up.

Wrack was dismal and should have been taken off long before he scored :roll:

Ended up with a point against a side we should easily be beating.

Still, excellent day out. Think Kiansmom enjoyed herself before her birthday on Tuesday and thanks to Brian and Willy Nilly for the lift. Nice touch with the french sticks, Dave, very up-market. :D

I had to, will be spending my birthday at the gym with Aidy :cry: :cry:

PreviousNext
Return to 2007-08 Season