Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Doncaster Rovers (A) League 1 - Tuesday 2/10/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Duke
Site Addict

Doncaster Rovers (A) League 1 - Tuesday 2/10/07.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:13 am

Form Guide Doncaster's league results to date .

Millwall - home -drew 0-0
Harlepool -away - lost 1-2
Bournemouth - home - lost 1-2
Swansea -away- won 2-1
Northampton - away-lost 0-2
Crewe - home -won 2-0
Southend-away -lost 2-3
Cheltenham - home -won 2-0

A win would see us leap frog Doncaster in the league . they are in 13th place on 10 points.
After a moral boosting victory at Hartlepool I'd like to think we can at least keep another clean sheet.
Message for DD , If it aint broke don't fix it .

Prediction 0-0 draw .

sid swifty
Glitterati

Re: Doncaster Rovers (A) League 1 - Tuesday 2/10/07.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:45 am

DAVEDEAN wrote:Form Guide Doncaster's league results to date .

Millwall - home -drew 0-0
Harlepool -away - lost 1-2
Bournemouth - home - lost 1-2
Swansea -away- won 2-1
Northampton - away-lost 0-2
Crewe - home -won 2-0
Southend-away -lost 2-3
Cheltenham - home -won 2-0

A win would see us leap frog Doncaster in the league . they are in 13th place on 10 points.
After a moral boosting victory at Hartlepool I'd like to think we can at least keep another clean sheet.
Message for DD , If it aint broke don't fix it .

Prediction 0-0 draw .
Should be able to catch the commentary on that if its on local radio....I drive past Doncaster twice a night on the way up to the northeast....and should be within range between 8-9pm.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:58 am

Local radio what a joke WM are , they boast they are the only station that covers every local club and are inbiased . on saturday plymouth - wolves was the main game , on tuesday night guess what the main will be.

leicester - wolves.
unbiased .........my

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:46 am

DAVEDEAN wrote:Local radio what a joke WM are , they boast they are the only station that covers every local club and are inbiased . on saturday plymouth - wolves was the main game , on tuesday night guess what the main will be.

leicester - wolves.
unbiased .........my

Party Hat ?

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:18 pm

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/ ... rovers.htm

Away fans are located in the North Stand at one end of the stadium, where around 3,344 fans can be accommodated. Clubs with a smaller following will be allocated around a third to two thirds of that number meaning that on those occasions the end is shared with home supporters. The view of the playing action, leg room, and facilities in this stand are all good, although fans are set well back from the pitch as there is a substantial tarmac looking track which surrounds it.

The concourses are a good size and there are a number of televisions on view to keep supporters entertained. Pies (including the Chicken Balti pie), pasties and vegetarian 'Pizza Pods are supplied by Shire Foods and cost £2.30 each. Burgers and Hot Dogs are also available as well as alcohol.

Please note that cash is not accepted at the turnstiles, they are ticket only. Tickets can be purchased from the South Stand ticket office. The stadium is completely no smoking.

sj
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:33 pm

In the stand there is only One bog-- so be prepared for a wait. :shock:

Wrack4England

Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:54 pm

2-0 to the super saddlers :D

PT
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:02 pm

moanin old git wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/doncaster_rovers.htm

Away fans are located in the North Stand at one end of the stadium, where around 3,344 fans can be accommodated. Clubs with a smaller following will be allocated around a third to two thirds of that number meaning that on those occasions the end is shared with home supporters. The view of the playing action, leg room, and facilities in this stand are all good, although fans are set well back from the pitch as there is a substantial tarmac looking track which surrounds it.

The concourses are a good size and there are a number of televisions on view to keep supporters entertained. Pies (including the Chicken Balti pie), pasties and vegetarian 'Pizza Pods are supplied by Shire Foods and cost £2.30 each. Burgers and Hot Dogs are also available as well as alcohol.
The stadium is completely no smoking.

God damn, I hate that, I'm always late arriving when I get to a ground like that, Darlo was the same I seem to remember.
I'm going straight from work, and it's a racing certainty that I'll be finishing late on Tuesday!

There is no quick way to Donny from the Leeds area, it's either a 100 mile (or seems like it) trip via the M62 and A1.
Or a crawl through Wakefield in the rush hour, and then cross country, but about half the milage.

But it will all be worth it when we come away with another vital three points, (here's hoping that our awful record away to donny comes to a shuddering halt!) :wink:

Any chance you can dump the motor and get the train Moanin?
Me and my dad will be getting a train at about 5:45 - from Leeds - only takes about half an hour on a quick un.

Dynamo Zuffle
UTS Legend

Location: In the white room with black curtains near the station.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:08 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/doncaster_rovers.htm

Please note that cash is not accepted at the turnstiles, they are ticket only. Tickets can be purchased from the South Stand ticket office. The stadium is completely no smoking.

In the club shop yesterday they were saying that it’s an all ticket match and no tickets are available on the night of the game!

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:13 pm

Dynamo Zuffle wrote:

In the club shop yesterday they were saying that it’s an all ticket match and no tickets are available on the night of the game!

I sincerely hope that this is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fez_the_saddler

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:30 pm

We can get these 3 points and i'm gonna say a 2-1 win to the super saddlers

Willy Nilly
UTS Regular

Location: All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:31 pm

hullsaddler wrote:
Dynamo Zuffle wrote:

I sincerely hope that this is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game IS all-ticket, but tickets are available on the night, it's just advisable to get them beforehand from WFC, or arrive at Donny early, to avoid the queues at the ticket office.

http://www.saddlers.premiumtv.co.uk/pag ... 28,00.html

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:14 pm

Can we pay on the gate for donny? Or will i have to go the the ticket office at doncaster for tickets.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:37 pm

Away game so going for a 2-1 win

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:16 pm

Going for a 1 - 0 to the Saddlers.

Mooney to score.

sack

Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:40 pm

DD please don't play butler, on tuesday, no scrap that tuesday bit, just don't play butler, EVER.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:41 pm

sack wrote:DD please don't play butler, on tuesday, no scrap that tuesday bit, just don't play butler, EVER.

I agree

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:06 pm

Sadders wrote:Can we pay on the gate for donny? Or will i have to go the the ticket office at doncaster for tickets.

Did you not read the two posts above yours before contributing? :D

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:45 pm

1-0 win. Deeney with the goal.

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:37 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
sack wrote:DD please don't play butler, on tuesday, no scrap that tuesday bit, just don't play butler, EVER.

I agree

Just shoot him! that's what they usually do with lame donkeys.

redsaddler
UTS Regular

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:35 am

Looking a bit more positive now after Saturday! 1-0 again to the Saddlers. Mooney to score the winner.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:42 am

1-1 at best.

We never seem to do particulary well against Rovers.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:04 pm

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:07 pm

I'd go along with 1-1, would be happy with that.

Deeney to score

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:21 pm

Theyre alot better than Hartlepool and Millwall, im going for a defeat 2-1.

Jimbo Jones

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:27 pm

I really do hope DD keeps an unchanged side......

Ince

Wrack
Dann
Gerrard
Fox

Sonko
Mattis
Dobson
Demontagnac

Deeney
Mooney

Fingers crossed for another win....however i agree with DaveDean and predixct a goaless draw

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:00 pm

I am reliably informed that Pizza Pockets are available.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:59 am

priestley_saddler wrote:I'd go along with 1-1, would be happy with that.

I agree.

saddlersdaz
UTS Regular

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:09 am

Cheesebag wrote:I am reliably informed that Pizza Pockets are available.

Yeah! there's nothing like burning the roof of your mouth on a chilly October night in Donny!

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:50 am

Next
Return to 2007-08 Season