Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hartlepool (a)- League 1 29/09/07

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
deanonev69
Glitterati

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:46 am

Sounds a good performance in a game i expected nothing from-now lets do same Tuesday and then start performing at home next saturday

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:52 am

We have got to keep on winning then, we said this against Millwall and look what went on in the next game

sack

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:02 am

mooney did have a good game though.
Kiansmom wrote:
Bernie wrote:Excellent result, after what sounded like a very positive performance.

It was great to see Ishmel and Deeney on the team sheet. At last Richard Money seems to be putting right some of the mistakes that have been so costly recently. I have great hope that we can now have a good season. Once DD gets the team selection and tactics right, he is a pretty decent manager.

If we could get two good new players, one to partner Deeney up front and one to go with Mattis in midfield, then I would not rule out the play-offs. There are still 38 matches left.

I think his haircut had a Samson like effect on him :(

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
Bernie wrote:Excellent result, after what sounded like a very positive performance.

It was great to see Ishmel and Deeney on the team sheet. At last Richard Money seems to be putting right some of the mistakes that have been so costly recently. I have great hope that we can now have a good season. Once DD gets the team selection and tactics right, he is a pretty decent manager.

If we could get two good new players, one to partner Deeney up front and one to go with Mattis in midfield, then I would not rule out the play-offs. There are still 38 matches left.

Is it an out and out shaved off job or just a crop to look like Benjani?!

redsaddler
UTS Regular

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:59 pm

Perko Snr wrote:Did I hear right on WM. Wolves live today, AND Tuesday night again. Can't they find a Wolves reserve game as well somewhere on Wednesday??

Ridiculous, isn't it? Still, there's always Soccer Saturday and Jeff Stelling's face was a picture at ten to five yesterday! :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:08 pm

redsaddler wrote:
Perko Snr wrote:Did I hear right on WM. Wolves live today, AND Tuesday night again. Can't they find a Wolves reserve game as well somewhere on Wednesday??

Ridiculous, isn't it? Still, there's always Soccer Saturday and Jeff Stelling's face was a picture at ten to five yesterday! :D

Yes - I saw that when the goal went in. Stelling is a legend! :D

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:32 pm

I was just glad to see Money start with yesterdays team. It took some bottle (albeit some of his selections being forced due to injuries) but shows that you can select a positive, attacking team and get points away from home.
Tuesday should be very interesting. I can't remember the last time we had an away record better than our home one.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:50 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Is it an out and out shaved off job or just a crop to look like Benjani?![/quote]

all gone! not quite Hall like but close!! :shock:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:32 pm

I'm waiting for Futuresobright to let rip with a negative blast over our totally inept win at Hartlepool. :roll:

Further note to DD....... you shouldn't change a winning side :wink:

Last time I went to Doncaster we managed to end up losing 4-0, and we were extremely lucky to score nil. We were absolutely diabolical, and I expect a much more positive showing on Tuesday.

"Come on, me babbies" !!!!!

Morty
Glitterati

Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:16 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:I'm waiting for Futuresobright to let rip with a negative blast over our totally inept win at Hartlepool. :roll:

Further note to DD....... you shouldn't change a winning side :wink:

Last time I went to Doncaster we managed to end up losing 4-0, and we were extremely lucky to score nil. We were absolutely diabolical, and I expect a much more positive showing on Tuesday.

"Come on, me babbies" !!!!!

So waiting to be wooshed, was it you who kept on shouting that all match!!? :shock:

My son who was sitting a few seats along from said person thought he'd ended up next to a right nutter!! :shock: :twisted:

Previous
Return to 2007-08 Season