Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Oldham Athletic (H) - League 1 - 23/9/07 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:11 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:Came back from Eire just to see the game today. It was a bit dissapointing on the back of last weeks win. And the referee was poor.

People need to understand a few things here. JB has done everything possible, in financial terms, for his football club, AND THERE IS NO MORE MONEY LEFT TO SPEND. What more can the man do????

and,

this IS the forward line that we were promised that would make us all proud. Give them time to gel.

As for Paul Taylor. How many clubs at our level have the direct access to, and contacts with the clubs across Europe that Paul gives us???[/quote]

Are you related to him or something? I'm sure Oldham wish they had Carniero.

"and there is no more money left to spend" - what evidence do you have for this?

You sound like a cast-iron apologiser to me.

You don't need me to tell you how much the club missed Paul when he wasn't with us, in fact Jeff went public on that recently.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:11 pm

Today we were awful! First half we might aswel of not turned up because we played like we hadn't. Second half we started off well, but the penalty just knocked the stuffing out of us. They gave up, no desire or passion. As for the subs, Ishy came on and made an impact, Hall was just crap and Deeney did well, but why the hell was he playing centre mid when Dobbo was on the bench!?

For me the first goal was clearly offside. Ricketts was atleast a yard ahead of the defence and he looked suprised that the flag hadn't gone up. Second goal, what the hell was the penalty given for? Not one player or fan appealed for anything! Third goal, the defence just gave up, let the man shoot. To be fair, Oldham had about 3 shots on target all match, i can't recall Ince having to make a save.

Money is too defensive. he has broken up a promotion winning team with spirit. He should of built around that team, not destroy it and rebuild a new one. We miss players like Taylor, Sam, Westwood and Keates.

And as for weston man of the match? Where the hell did that come from!? Fox or Sonko should of been man of the match. I can not remember Weston making one tackle all game. The guy for oldham, think it was Chris Taylor, got past a few times. Also every time weston got the ball he lumped it as far upfield as he could. When he got forward he was scared to cross and kept looking infield to Wrack.

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:15 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:People need to understand a few things here. JB has done everything possible, in financial terms, for his football club, AND THERE IS NO MORE MONEY LEFT TO SPEND.

Has there ever been any money to spend :?

You need to remember that Jeff SAVED this club and he has spent and spent to maintain it ever since.

I didn't say otherwise. However, do you want to support a successful business or a successful football team?

You may as well stand on the stairs of the hotel every other saturday and shout "One conference suite, there's only one conference suite" if you take that attitude :roll:

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:15 pm

Tez66 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:Came back from Eire just to see the game today. It was a bit dissapointing on the back of last weeks win. And the referee was poor.

People need to understand a few things here. JB has done everything possible, in financial terms, for his football club, AND THERE IS NO MORE MONEY LEFT TO SPEND. What more can the man do????

and,

this IS the forward line that we were promised that would make us all proud. Give them time to gel.

As for Paul Taylor. How many clubs at our level have the direct access to, and contacts with the clubs across Europe that Paul gives us???

This must be a joke, right?

I'd have preferred Constable and Hector Sam upfront!!

There's more crud spin at Walsall than ever before.

A forward line to be proud of, a squad that can compete at this level - it's all SPIN

MOONEY a player we've wanted for years and proven at this level
BUTLER a player who works and works and works...and again proven at this level.

There are plenty of sides in this league who'd have them as a pairing at the drop of a hat.

Tez66

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:17 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:People need to understand a few things here. JB has done everything possible, in financial terms, for his football club, AND THERE IS NO MORE MONEY LEFT TO SPEND.

You need to remember that Jeff SAVED this club and he has spent and spent to maintain it ever since.

Sorry, cannot stomach another round of "JB is our hero and SAVED our club"#

JB saw Walsall as a business opportunity and the Football as a byproduct. Despite loaning a considerable amount back to the club I'm sure JB has done OK out of the deal via rent/pension fund. The football part of the JB empire is secondary and a means to an end.

There are plenty of clubs up and down the country who get by without the off the field set up we have. We should be competing well at the level we are at in comparison but these activities may as well not exist for all the financail input they have on the first team.

We're supposed to be modelling ourselves on Crewe ie bringing yopung talent on and generating funds from DECENT transfer fees. Our penny pinching contracts don't allow us to get REAL value for our youth products and that's where it all falls down and comes back to JB.

He's not the saviour you may think he is.

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I didn't say otherwise. However, do you want to support a successful business or a successful football team?

You may as well stand on the stairs of the hotel every other saturday and shout "One conference suite, there's only one conference suite" if you take that attitude :roll:

But without one, there won't be the other. Jeff's put in place a structure that the likes of Bury, Colchester and Rochdale could only ever dream of.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:18 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:

and,

As for Paul Taylor. How many clubs at our level have the direct access to, and contacts with the clubs across Europe that Paul gives us???[/quote]

Are you related to him or something? I'm sure Oldham wish they had Carniero.

"and there is no more money left to spend" - what evidence do you have for this?

You sound like a cast-iron apologiser to me.

You don't need me to tell you how much the club missed Paul when he wasn't with us, in fact Jeff went public on that recently.

I'm sorry Salop, I don't agree with you. Taylor's record has been mixed at best, and is getting worse as time goes on. The fact that JB is pleased about him being back at the club is hardly a ringing endorsement to me.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:19 pm

if Merson had made the substitutions that Money made today, I'd have been screaming abuse at the fat cockernee git. The decisions were inept - putting Deeney into central midfield killed off any chance we had of forcing a result as Wrack had to stop the forward runs that were scaring Oldham. Until that substitution, we had a chance of getting a point as Oldham were poo.

DD made some good excuses on the radio as to his decisions, but they frankly sounded like self-justification. Contrast this to McCarthy for the dingles in mid-week - admitted that he made mistakes as well as slating his players. DD doesn't compare well.

He's got until February as far as I'm concerned to sort this mess out.

Tez66

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:23 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Tez66 wrote:

and,

As for Paul Taylor. How many clubs at our level have the direct access to, and contacts with the clubs across Europe that Paul gives us???

This must be a joke, right?

I'd have preferred Constable and Hector Sam upfront!!

There's more crud spin at Walsall than ever before.

A forward line to be proud of, a squad that can compete at this level - it's all SPIN

MOONEY a player we've wanted for years and proven at this level
BUTLER a player who works and works and works...and again proven at this level.

There are plenty of sides in this league who'd have them as a pairing at the drop of a hat.

Both are similar players which was evident all afternoon as they chased the same ball and made the same runs. You right, Mooney has been courted by Walsall for years but unfortunately he has aged over those years and is a shadow of the player we wanted. I would also question whether Butler can cut it at this level now as he too has lost a few yards of pace. Either one of them needs a speedy pair of legs with them to do the running through the channels they used to do.

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:24 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

But without one, there won't be the other. Jeff's put in place a structure that the likes of Bury, Colchester and Rochdale could only ever dream of.

A structure in terms of business yes, but not when you think about football, which, IMHO sould be the focus of the company.
When was the last time we actually spent money on a player? And I meant real money. Not the two pints and a bag of crisps for Constable, I mean "Yes Mr Opposing Chairman, we like that player. We'd like to give you £X and him a proper contract. Noooo. Not a loan deal. We want him full time and we're willing to pay you for your trouble".
Oh yeah. That'll be Jorge then. Back in, ooooh. Around 1586AD...

Cueball
UTS Regular

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure they'd love to swap places with us...

Tez66

Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Rochdale have spent real money this season and Colchester are holding their own in the Championship.

Where's the benefit of having the JB model?

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Plastic Hawk wrote:What a load of absolute garbage. 3-0 defeat at home to the side bottom of the league, players being played out of position again, the best player subbed off with half an hour to go players offering fans outside at the end - totally shambolic. Disgraceful performance - straight out of the Merson textbook.

Ince: No chance with the first two goals. Looked more confident than the last few games. In no-mans-land for the third, but the game was gone by then.
Weston: Decent game, linked up well with Sonko.
Fox: Another good game, still needs to work on his distribution but one of the bright spots of this season.
Roper: Switched off for Ricketts' goal, can't run. Is it a coincidence that we won the game he went off early in?
Dann: Did ok, but is constantly having to cover for Roper's lack of mobility. Also needs to talk (the 30-year-old) Roper through the game. Needs help. Looked injured at the end, may have contributed to the farcical third goal.
Sonko: Man of the match for me, always a threat on the ball. Taken off early in the second half - madness.
Wrack: Tidy, but can't run or tackle.
Sonner: Passenger, can't run.
Gerrard: Tried his best but isn't a midfielder in a hundred years - not his fault.
Mooney: Some nice flicks, but can't run. Offered a fan outside at the end - it's to be hoped he's a better fighter than he is a footballer these days else he'll be out for several more weeks. If DD was pinning his hopes on TM then he's been kidding himself.
Butler: Can't run, can't jump, hardly touched the ball.

Subs:
Ishmel: Looked bright on the ball, still needs to work on the final ball, faded late on as he moved back to left back to cover for Dann's injury.
Deeney: Played central midfield for half an hour. Why? He's a striker. Looked lost - not surprising.
Hall: Waste of a wage, can't run anymore. Did we give him a trial before offering him a contract?

Without new people coming in as soon as possible we're in big trouble. This current squad is going to get relegated by 20 points or more. We need a striker who can actually run and knows where the goal is and we need at least one central midfielder (probably two) - and we need them now.

Great post..... Agreed with everything.....

..... until the bit in RED.

:shock:

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:27 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

A structure in terms of business yes, but not when you think about football, which, IMHO sould be the focus of the company.
When was the last time we actually spent money on a player? And I meant real money. Not the two pints and a bag of crisps for Constable, I mean "Yes Mr Opposing Chairman, we like that player. We'd like to give you £X and him a proper contract. Noooo. Not a loan deal. We want him full time and we're willing to pay you for your trouble".

Jorge...and all the Fryatt cash on loans. Jeff has always made money available. People just don't want to see that fact.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:27 pm

Well, well, well Geordie.

You lambasted me last week after the Millwall game for suggesting that we might not possibly have turned the corner, and that the win might be a flash in the pan, and guess what, I was right.

Oh, add to that at the start of the season when I said the team was weaker than that that finished last season, you lambasted me again, telling me I knew nothing and that i couldn't be more wrong, well, well, well, proved right again.

Today was one of the worst performances I have ever witness from a Walsall team. Every single area of the pitch was atrocious. upfront we offered nothing, in midfield we were shocking, in defence we let Ricketts and Davies through every time the ball came over the top and Claytons kicking was awful.

On top of that, we then get the best Walsall player dragged off after 60 minutes and a young striker put in midfield.

We made a team, bottom of the league, look good. Thats how bad we were.

Oldham were nothing special believe me, they were pretty dire, they were just direct, and you know what, they actually tried to score. We spent the afternoon faffing about, wondering what to do with the ball, and only made the keeper save once in 90 minutes.

Richard Money should resign after that performance, it was utterly dreadful and totally unacceptable. People say give him ten games. Well, he's had 9, albeit with two cup games, but every single one was winnable, and we've lost all but 3 of the games. I feel sorry for those that came because of the E&S offer, they certainly wont come back again.

Maybe Geordie [and others] you might just listen to my opinions in future, because I was spot on last saturday in what I said. There are major problems at the club, in the management and in the squad. We have gone backwards since last season, and we are seeing the consequences. Simple as.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:31 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Well, well, well Geordie.

You lambasted me last week after the Millwall game for suggesting that we might not possibly have turned the corner, and that the win might be a flash in the pan, and guess what, I was right.

Oh, add to that at the start of the season when I said the team was weaker than that that finished last season, you lambasted me again, telling me I knew nothing and that i couldn't be more wrong, well, well, well, proved right again.

Today was one of the worst performances I have ever witness from a Walsall team. Every single area of the pitch was atrocious. upfront we offered nothing, in midfield we were shocking, in defence we let Ricketts and Davies through every time the ball came over the top and Claytons kicking was awful.

On top of that, we then get the best Walsall player dragged off after 60 minutes and a young striker put in midfield.

We made a team, bottom of the league, look good. Thats how bad we were.

Oldham were nothing special believe me, they were pretty dire, they were just direct, and you know what, they actually tried to score. We spent the afternoon faffing about, wondering what to do with the ball, and only made the keeper save once in 90 minutes.

Richard Money should resign after that performance, it was utterly dreadful and totally unacceptable. People say give him ten games. Well, he's had 9, albeit with two cup games, but every single one was winnable, and we've lost all but 3 of the games. I feel sorry for those that came because of the E&S offer, they certainly wont come back again.

Maybe Geordie [and others] you might just listen to my opinions in future, because I was spot on last saturday in what I said. There are major problems at the club, in the management and in the squad. We have gone backwards since last season, and we are seeing the consequences. Simple as.

I would listen, but you always go a step too far, see emboldened bit. You actually seriously think this?

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:31 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Jorge...and all the Fryatt cash on loans. Jeff has always made money available. People just don't want to see that fact.

Nail. Head. LOANS Having a player for a few weeks really gives him chance to gel into the team structure, doesn't it :roll:
Companies don't waste time and effort on rectruitment costs to bring in a temp for a few weeks unless it's an emergency. It's expensive, and does nothing for the company. Instead, they offer people long term contracts and permanant (or at least long term) positions.
Last edited by Joe90 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Joe90 wrote:A structure in terms of business yes, but not when you think about football, which, IMHO sould be the focus of the company.

Get your facts right Sal, it was 1589 :roll:

Joe90
Glitterati

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:34 pm

tape66 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:A structure in terms of business yes, but not when you think about football, which, IMHO sould be the focus of the company.

Sorry. My memory is good, but not that good. I only just about remember it. I do however, remember us quibbling about paying £40k for O'Connor, a player who turned out to be a godsend. :wink:

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Firstly, they were poor and we were worse. If today hasn't shown Money how investing up front can pay off, I don't know what will.

I don't like to make my posts sound like rants, but I don't think this one will sound anything other than that.

Roper is past it. I don't like to say it, but he looks a liability every time he steps onto the pitch. We don't have a defender playing alongside him who is able to carry him through games either. I've witnessed him being at fault for 3 goals this season already and I haven't been to every game. He's looking more and more like a League 1 version of Bramble/Boumsong with every game. His mistake for Ricketts' goal was defensive suicide. Plain and simple.

Wrack is by no means a match winner or a brilliant player but he's our best option in the middle of the park. I thought he made a big difference in the second half. He will carry the ball and his passing is very good but most importantly, he moves when he passes which means that at least the players around him can pass to him rather than look for the long ball into the corner.

Sonko was our best player going forward and got taken off. What was that all about? Oh sorry, his religion meant that he couldn't complete the 90 minutes despite looking more mobile and up for it than about 7 other players. Pull the other one, Dicky.

Mooney and Butler can't play together up front. They both want to go for the same balls and therefore rarely link up with eachother. We looked like we were building a style of play in previous games but lacked the pace to make the most of it. This partnership isn't going to help things.

The most natural goalscorer we've had at the club since Fryatt gets brought on in the middle of midfield. Not as an attacking midfielder either, but as a sitter in front of the defence. He told the manager that he was up for playing there though, so he got the nod. How many 19 year old ex-bricklayers are going to turn down the chance to play out of position for a league one club? Really feel sorry for the lad today - he wasn't able to do himself any justice because of poor management.

I'm not going to call for the managers head just yet, but he's really got me baffled and concerned. Which 11 players names will be pulled out of the hat next weekend?
Never before has relegation looked so likely so early on in the season.
Last edited by WFC_Rob on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:38 pm

I'm gutted to have lost 3-0 to them and on Monday I will suffer big time at the hands of Oldham fans.

I just want to know - are Oldham really that bad? They were a play off team last season so the fact that they were bottom is meaningless at this stage of the season.

That said, to lose 3-0 at home to any team in this league is a disaster and clearly we have a huge problem that Money has GOT TO SORT OUT!!! I'm not making excuses for today's performance and I can't judge, having not been there, but I do not like what I've read so far in this thread and the warning bells are starting to ring again.

I don't think I can stomach another season of relegation-threatened Hell :(

futuresobright

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:38 pm

sj wrote:Money is on now and he isn't trying to hide, he will not become a bad manager after 6 games. Sonko fasting thats why he was pulled off .

Just a bad day at the office for me.

No, he has been an appalling manager for over 60 games with Walsall and for many more games if we count his failures with every other club he has worked for. As I stressed throughout the last season, Mr Touchy's signings, selections and tactics are abysmal. We should have torn League 2 apart, instead it was touch and go to even get automatic promotion. I urged Bonser not to trust Mr T with the club's limited resources during the close season. Sadly, he did and true to form Mr T swooped for Mooney (36), Sonner (35), Hall (35) and a 32 year old foreign forward with a scoring record worse than Ian Roper's. This season he has continued to select rubbish he has bought to the club (Butler!!!) rather than use the talented youngsters he inherited. PM was useless but at least we had some cup runs, finished 14th and kept out of the relegation zone.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:40 pm

Well, I haven't been too critical so far because even when we've lost there have been some positive signs. But there weren't any today - a truly diabolical performance. It doesn't get worse than losing 3-0 at home to a team as poor as Oldham, and it was as bad as anything in the dismal days of a couple of years ago. Money says he made the substitutions because there were players out there who weren't fit - he knew he was going to have to take Sonner off, he knew he was going to have to take Mooney off (but couldn't because Gerrard was injured), he knew he was going to have to take Sonko off. Well, whose fault is that? Why play half-fit players?

Paul Hall is finished, Wrack is certainly finished as a winger even if he might have something to offer in the middle, Butler and Mooney did not look like a potent strikeforce (though Mooney was clearly not fit enough to start the game, so perhaps it's not fair to judge yet). The only creative player in the team was taken off just as we were looking like we might get back into the game and after that we had no chance.

Mistakes at the back, a truly dire midfield (at least in the centre), and two OAP strikers. I thought we would be solid enough at the back to be able to avoid trouble - and I was wrong. Too many old legs around, too many mistakes being made all over the pitch, and while the long ball game served us well last season and I was perfectly happy to watch anything as long as we were winning - I'm certainly not happy to watch us hoofing the ball up the pitch at every opportunity if we're not winning, and neither I suspect is anyone else. I'm not sure there are any options in the current squad to improve things, either - the midfield in particular just isn't anywhere near good enough - we need reinforcements, quickly.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:40 pm

futuresobright wrote:
sj wrote:Money is on now and he isn't trying to hide, he will not become a bad manager after 6 games. Sonko fasting thats why he was pulled off .

Just a bad day at the office for me.

No, he has been an appalling manager for over 60 games with Walsall and for many more games if we count his failures with every other club he has worked for. As I stressed throughout the last season, Mr Touchy's signings, selections and tactics are abysmal. We should have torn League 2 apart, instead it was touch and go to even get automatic promotion. I urged Bonser not to trust Mr T with the club's limited resources during the close season. Sadly, he did and true to form Mr T swooped for Mooney (36), Sonner (35), Hall (35) and a 32 year old foreign forward with a scoring record worse than Ian Roper's. This season he has continued to select rubbish he has bought to the club (Butler!!!) rather than use the talented youngsters he inherited. PM was useless but at least we had some cup runs, finished 14th and kept out of the relegation zone.

Don't expect to be taken seriously after some of your previous posts. You've had it in for the guy since day one.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:41 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Firstly, they were poor and we were worse. If today hasn't shown Money how investing up front can pay off, I don't know what will.

I don't like to make my posts sound like rants, but I don't think this one will sound anything other than that.

Roper is past it. I don't like to say it, but he looks a liability every time he steps onto the pitch. We don't have a defender playing alongside him who is able to carry him through games either. I've witnessed him being at fault for 3 goals this season already and I haven't been to every game. He's looking more and more like a League 1 version of Bramble/Boumsong with every game. His mistake for Ricketts' goal was defensive suicide. Plain and simple.

Wrack is by no means a match winner or a brilliant player but he's our best option in the middle of the park. I thought he made a big difference in the second half. He will carry the ball and his passing is very good but most importantly, he moves when he passes the ball which means that at least the players around him can pass the ball to him rather than look for the long ball into the corner.

Sonko was our best player going forward and got taken off. What was that all about? Oh sorry, his religion meant that he couldn't complete the 90 minutes despite looking more mobile and up for it than about 7 other players. Pull the other one, Dicky.

Mooney and Butler can't play together up front. They both want to go for the same balls and therefore rarely link up with eachother. We looked like we were building a style of play in previous games but lacked the pace to make the most of it. This partnership isn't going to help things.

The most natural goalscorer we've had at the club since Fryatt gets brought on in the middle of midfield. Not as an attacking midfielder either, but as a sitter in front of the defence. He told the manager that he was up for playing there though, so he got the nod. How many 19 year old ex-bricklayers are going to turn down the chance to play out of position for a league one club? Really feel sorry for the lad today - he wasn't able to do himself any justice because of poor management.

I'm not going to call for the managers head just yet, but he's really got me baffled and concerned. Which 11 players names will be pulled out of the hat next weekend?
Never before has relegation looked so likely so early on in the season.

Very good post, and you hit the nail on the head at the end there, there lieth the problem.

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Joe90 wrote:
tape66 wrote:

Sorry. My memory is good, but not that good. I only just about remember it. I do however, remember us quibbling about paying £40k for O'Connor, a player who turned out to be a godsend. :wink:

Jeff has spent plenty on this club over the years. Players don't play for free you know.

He has also delivered a business model that we should be proud of, and one that 'smaller' clubs all look up to. In Paul Taylor he has a trusted scout and tallent spotter, and the fact is we have played really, REALLY well in a majoirty of the games so far this season.

Jeeeez, what do you people want?????

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:43 pm

Didn't take you long to appear did it? Amazing how you always go quiet when things are going well.

That was aimed at futuresobright. When I started to type there were no posts after his.
Last edited by Dave Gittins on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tez66

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:44 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
tape66 wrote:

Jeff has spent plenty on this club over the years. Players don't play for free you know.

He has also delivered a business model that we should be proud of, and one that 'smaller' clubs all look up to. In Paul Taylor he has a trusted scout and tallent spotter, and the fact is we have played really, REALLY well in a majoirty of the games so far this season.Jeeeez, what do you people want?????

Now I am worried if 5 goals in 9 games is playing really, reallly well.

:?

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:45 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:Jeeeez, what do you people want?????

How about a team that are capable of playing as a unit and not getting beaten week after week. That'd be a good starting point.

Bill

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:45 pm

On the playing side of things, I hope there are others who noticed the lack of movement from players when the defenders had the ball. 2 Centre midfielders and neither of them came to pick up the ball from the centre backs.

PreviousNext
Return to 2007-08 Season