Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Millwall (A) League 1 Saturday 15/9/07.

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:01 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:2-2 :x

Blackpool equalise against Bradford :P

You're a git...a complete and total one!! :x My heart literally stopped for a second there!

Love yow really Cyclo! :wink:

Cyclo? Yeah, he's a git that one! :wink:

Just noticed and edited my post accordingly, humble apologies to Cyclo! :oops:

As for you Saigon... :x :wink:

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:01 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:

You're a git...a complete and total one!! :x My heart literally stopped for a second there!

We won - I let it pass :P

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:02 pm

Sounds like Sonko had a good game, hand in both goals...
Last edited by philthesaddler on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo Jones

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:03 pm

brillant result :D :D now lets get a home win next week :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

cyclothymic wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:

We won - I let it pass :P

Apologies matey - already edited my post, should have known an upstanding UTSer like you wouldn't have been so mean!! :lol:

kh1959

fantastic bring on oldham season starts know :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by kh1959 on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

sj wrote:This time 4 years ago we beat them by 2 goals.

Not acceptable...Money Out :twisted: :wink:

Well done Dickie and the lads

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

yes!!!!!!!!!!! just in time, as i said we'll see their 2nd win of the season vs Oldham.

UP THE (FLEMISH) SADDLERS!!!!!!!!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:04 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:

Love yow really Saigon! :wink:

Ah-ha!

Simple manly horse-play and thigh slapping admiration will do! :wink:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:05 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Sounds like Sonko had a good game, hand in both goals...

He has impressed me so far. He has got the bit of class we were missing

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:05 pm

kh1959 wrote:fantastic bring on oldham season starts know :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They're bottom :shock:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:06 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
kh1959 wrote:fantastic bring on oldham season starts know :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They're bottom :shock:

Oldham, Leeds, Doncaster and Millwall in the bottom 4. I wouldnt have expected that after 6 games

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

YGA Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Sounds like Sonko had a good game, hand in both goals...

He has impressed me so far. He has got the bit of class we were missing

Three cheers for STM! :roll:

Any chance we can get that Sillah back!?!

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

philthesaddler wrote:Sounds like Sonko had a good game, hand in both games...

Games or goals? :wink:

Obviously those of us who haven't been down to Millwall will have to wait to hear from those in the know, but there are a couple of things I'd like to say:

Firstly, will people still refuse to give Foxy any credit when he plays well if he scores the ocassional goal. He has looked a very good midfielder so far this season, which doesn't surprise me as he now has someone inside him who he can pass to.

Also, I think Deeney has to start the next game. Obviously things will be interesting if Mooney is fit but his goal sounds like a strikers goal if people know what I mean. Had we had someone of that ilk playing against Vale, I dare say we'd have won.

I'm pleased to hear that Sonko has given the manager food for thought too.

Biggles
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:07 pm

Only just seen the result after taking my daughter to a birthday party. Got one thing to say. YES. Great stuff lads.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:10 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Sounds like Sonko had a good game, hand in both games...

Games or goals? :wink:

Obviously those of us who haven't been down to Millwall will have to wait to hear from those in the know, but there are a couple of things I'd like to say:

Firstly, will people still refuse to give Foxy any credit when he plays well if he scores the ocassional goal. He has looked a very good midfielder so far this season, which doesn't surprise me as he now has someone inside him who he can pass to.

Also, I think Deeney has to start the next game. Obviously things will be interesting if Mooney is fit but his goal sounds like a strikers goal if people know what I mean. Had we had someone of that ilk playing against Vale, I dare say we'd have won.

I'm pleased to hear that Sonko has given the manager food for thought too.

I don't think he'll start Deeney at home. I think Money thinks the fans will get on his back and make him a nervous wreck, thats why I think Money is more willing to experiment away from home.

Simon of Sedgley

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 pm

TROY TROY TROY

WRACK to SONKO to TROY

COME ON WALSALL, PLAY-OFF's here we come :wink:

The Quality IS there, time to settle and develop the young guns.

Master stroke playing Gerrard in midfield again he will grow into that role, Fox will eventually play along side him (Everton link up again, just a little further forward).

Junior to come in, TROY finding his feet, Butler and Mooney experienced heads.

p.s. I am joking about the play-off's, Mid table will do me just fine.

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 pm

So what do we know?

1) Maybe things aren't as gloomy as some people would like to believe. Maybe this set of players aren't as bad as is being made out.

2) Youngsters getting an opportunity left right and centre. So much for DD not playing the kids.

3) Out of the three (that's only THREE) foreign signings this summer - one is scoring for the reserves, one is not very good but injured and one comes on to set up the winner today. Maybe STM shouldn't be told to F- off like he was a week or so ago on here.

4) Sheff rounds off a rather spectacular week by making his biggest faux pas of all!
*stifles a laugh while looks for those drugs that everyone was clearly on*

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Simon of Sedgley wrote:Master stroke playing Gerrard in midfield again he will grow into that role, Fox will eventually play along side him (Everton link up again, just a little further forward).

I'm assuming Gerrard played alongside Dann at the back when Roper went off after 40 minutes. Hardly the masterstroke you make it out to be. Money earnt his money today by having the bottle to replace Roper with an attacking player and Ishmel with Deeney even though he had only come on as sub himself.
Credit where credit's due.

Atomic Rooster
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:19 pm

I'm having a big baz moment play offs for us now

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:22 pm

Registered Saddler wrote:So what do we know?

1) Maybe things aren't as gloomy as some people would like to believe. Maybe this set of players aren't as bad as is being made out.

2) Youngsters getting an opportunity left right and centre. So much for DD not playing the kids.

3) Out of the three (that's only THREE) foreign signings this summer - one is scoring for the reserves, one is not very good but injured and one comes on to set up the winner today. Maybe STM shouldn't be told to F- off like he was a week or so ago on here.

4) Sheff rounds off a rather spectacular week by making his biggest faux pas of all!

You baffle me you really do.

After 7 very poor performances people start [rightly] expressing worries, you [wrongly] tell them they're wrong, talking rubbish and everything is rosy.

One good result, and everything IS rosy? Do me a favour.

This is a good result, but it was against a struggling side with an under pressure manager. Good result, but it will be completely undone if we dont beat Oldham next week. Lets hope todays result isn't a flash in the pan. So far its 8 games, and 1 good result. To ensure we continue this feldgeling improvement we must improve our team, not pretend everything is rosy and ignore the problems.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:26 pm

philthesaddler wrote:After 7 very poor performances people start [rightly] expressing worries, you [wrongly] tell them they're wrong, talking rubbish and everything is rosy.

Very, very, very harsh. We weren't poor at Orient, against Port Vale or in the second half against Carlisle.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:26 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

After 7 very poor performances people start [rightly] expressing worries, you [wrongly] tell them they're wrong, talking rubbish and everything is rosy.

This is a good result, but it was against a struggling side with an under pressure manager. Good result, but it will be completely undone if we dont beat Oldham next week. Lets hope todays result isn't a flash in the pan. So far its 8 games, and 1 good result. To ensure we continue this feldgeling improvement we must improve our team, not pretend everything is rosy and ignore the problems.

Relax, we won!

Four Oaks Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:29 pm

This may not get answered until people start getting back from the game, but does anyone know why Ishy was taken off?

From the way the subject was brushed aside in Money's interview on WM, it was implied there was more to it than a simple tactical decision. Can anyone shed any light on this, or am I reading things where there's nothing to be read?

womblesaddler

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:31 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

Not sure there were 7 very poor performances phill, admitedly there were some, swansea in the cup springs to mind along with B'mouth. Agree that we still need to strengthen, pace and a strong midfielder is needed but there are signs of encouragement, Sonko, Mooney to come back, Junior to see how he can fit in.

Every team has a sticky patch and i genuinely think that ours came along earlier than others. Next week becomes massive now, 2 wins on the bounce could so easily bring the winning mentality we had last season flooding back, a poor result may just well give our confidence boost from today a big slap in the face

Burnside
UTS Regular

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:34 pm

I think we've been justifiably worried in recent weeks.

A sign of hope.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:36 pm

Four Oaks Saddler wrote:This may not get answered until people start getting back from the game, but does anyone know why Ishy was taken off?

From the way the subject was brushed aside in Money's interview on WM, it was implied there was more to it than a simple tactical decision. Can anyone shed any light on this, or am I reading things where there's nothing to be read?

Sounds like some sort of fall-out to me. Will wait to hear more though.

Was a good decision not to say anything on the radio if that was the case.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:36 pm

We had visitors all afternoon so only had the occasional check of scores, gutted to read the 1-1 on 83 mins, thought we would lose - came in after 5 to find we had won :lol:

Message for you Philthesaddler (and other doom mongers, not just you) - Please, can you just enjoy the moment for a few minutes before worrying about the next game :? I can't belive you cannot just sit back and relax for a day or two and bask in the glory of a winning weekend before talk of "papering over cracks etc. etc.). CHILL!

Oh, and message for Sheff - me old mate ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We beat Millwall BTW :lol:

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:43 pm

Ernie Mac wrote:I think we've been justifiably worried in recent weeks.

A sign of hope.

I've quoted you, but I'm kind of replying to Phil too. I don't think I've ever pretended that everything was rosy, and I don't think any of my posts have said that. I just haven't got into the hyperventilating stake of panic than some have over the early results. The reason (and this is why I've quoted you Ernie) - as I've said all along, I've seen enough signs of hope before today to lead me to believe that the results would improve. And I had faith in the manager - and to a lesser extent the players - to turn things around.

I don't think I've pretended that some (but not all) of the problems weren't there, I have just kept them in proportion.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:43 pm

Aldridge Steve wrote:We had visitors all afternoon so only had the occasional check of scores, gutted to read the 1-1 on 83 mins, thought we would lose - came in after 5 to find we had won :lol:

Message for you Philthesaddler (and other doom mongers, not just you) - Please, can you just enjoy the moment for a few minutes before worrying about the next game :? I can't belive you cannot just sit back and relax for a day or two and bask in the glory of a winning weekend before talk of "papering over cracks etc. etc.). CHILL!

Oh, and message for Sheff - me old mate ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We beat Millwall BTW :lol:

It's nothing to do with doom mongering.

Its about stupid people talking of the playoffs etc after a late win. A win next week and we might have turned the corner. A defeat/draw next week and we certainly haven't.

It's not negativity, its open-minded realism.

PreviousNext
Return to 2007-08 Season