Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Swansea City (A) Carling Cup - Tuesday 14th August 2007

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
fez_the_saddler

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 pm

i heard u lot on about that on the coach lol.

jack-the-lad

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:Ah someone who actually saw the game :D

Like Sonner's match review :D

:D

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:21 pm

Also i had the pleasure of meeting wsone and mikey66 who said " yow am big aint ya mate" :D and before anyone says anything me and perice didnt have a burger king at the service station. :wink:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:23 pm

jack-the-lad wrote:Haven't read any of the posts on the game yet so here's my thoughts.

I thought we were pretty cack to be honest, but I also thought Swansea were not much better if better at all. We had about 10-15 minutes play in the first half where we played well and realised that they weren't very good, Mooney missed an absolutely golden opportunity. But after not taking that chance they went up the other end a few minutes later and scored. Swansea had a couple of good players, their best being the little centre midfielder playing his first senior appearance, looks very good.

Ince - couldn't really fault him, didn't have anything to do, couldn't do anything about their goals. Kicking still crud.

Wrack - good in patches, bad in patches. Usual performance from him really but I don't mind him filling in at right back - he can do a decent job there for sure.

Dann - goes without saying he was the best again

Gerrard - another good game I thought

Boertien - didn't do a lot, didn't do anything wrong.

Hall - I think he's good, got a few unlucky bounces with the ball but did give a few away as well. I little below average

Sonner - pants

Dobson - another good game. Did well, gave his all

Fox - cack

Mooney - average

Carneiro - I'm not a fan, I'm prepared to give him a couple of months to see if he can adapt to the english game but first impressions suggest he's not good enough.

SUBS: Nicholls - showed some promise again, prepared to have a go at the full back which I like. Still learning

Overall a pretty rubbish performance, a pretty rubbish game. Swansea were crud, so were we. We deserved to lose. I reckon a change in formation, as a few have pointed out on this thread, would be worth a go definitely.

Special mention goes to some of our thick scum fans who continue to amaze me (although maybe I shouldn't be amazed) with what they do and with comments they come out with. An example from last night "Butla! Howld the ball! Yam sh*t!"... The bloke wasn't even playing!!

According to the radio it was "Dann's lazy tame header away" that contributed to Swansea's first.

fez_the_saddler

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:23 pm

big baz 1 wrote:Also i had the pleasure of meeting wsone and mikey66 who said " yow am big aint you mate" :D and before anyone says anything me and perice didnt have a burger king at the service station. :wink:

And me

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 pm

fez_the_saddler wrote:
big baz 1 wrote:Also i had the pleasure of meeting wsone and mikey66 who said " yow am big aint you mate" :D and before anyone says anything me and perice didnt have a burger king at the service station. :wink:

And me

And yourself i forgot :D by the way kev if it was wm that made that comment they must of been watching a different game it wasnt a strong header but someone should of been quicker to make a attempt to block the shot. When we play them in the league away i aint going
Last edited by big baz 1 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fez_the_saddler

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:25 pm

big baz 1 wrote:
fez_the_saddler wrote:

And me

And yourself i forgot :D

lol

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:29 pm

What do we expect from Carneiro? ... he was a free foreign import with a pretty crap record...

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:44 pm

Ince : Good solid performance
Wrack: Another good performance out of position
Boertin: Solid at left back.
Gerrard: Another good peformance, a liitle wasteful on the ball. but he is improving all the time.
Dann: Solid at the back our best defender.
Fox: I was impressed with danny wide left used the ball well and defended well, annoys me slightly when he keeps drifting inside.
Hall: Solid out wide, was more impressed with upfront i would like to see more of him in that postion.
Dobbo: Good again used the ball well and worked his socks off.
Tramp: Not one of his best games tried his hardest and worked hard.
Caniero: Seemed not to be up for it, maybe the injury was affecting him.
Mooney: Again worked his socks off chasing and closing people down nearly scored twice.
Nicholls: Had a really good 45 minutes always willing to run at defenders with the ball with pace.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:01 pm

Baz, I think you're too nice.

We lost 2-0, but not a bad word to say about any of them?

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:03 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Baz, I think you're too nice.

It was a cack performance but at least they tryed i was more angry that i booked a night off work to go. I would have a bad word to say about themif they didnt try and couldnt be bothered.

deanonev69
Glitterati

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:12 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Baz, I think you're too nice.

I've got plenty......

We were played well until they scored but never truely threatened after that apart from Mooney's header

What gets me most of all was that Dicky never changed it-wouldn't have minded three or four if we had thrown kitchen sink in form of Bradley and Deeney at them

mikey

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:57 pm

Nice to meet you an' all big baz :D

But yow am a big lad, ain't ya? :D ( then again most people are to me, being as I'm 5'7" and a fag paper :lol:)

I was sat just behind you, to your right, during the game too!

It was good to see Dynamo Zuffle again for the first time in a while 8) . Best get them ales in soon, now you can 'jog' to the New Inns :D

cal wfc fan
UTS Regular

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:52 pm

coxy_saddler wrote:Plenty of set pieces..But been very poor.

Looks like we are going to miss Keatsy more than some think :(

Previous
Return to 2007-08 Season