Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Pelsall (away)

Reports and reaction from the 2007-08 season as Walsall finished 12th in League 1
cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Pelsall (away)

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:47 pm

3-1 to the super Saddlers

Performance is reported as being some way from what we need to do well next season - but then again I guess we will be playing our first 11 then won't we :wink:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:18 pm

It was 4-1, actually, Cyclo! I don't think that your in-laws could have being paying attention! :D The Saddlers team was mostly 2nd-Year apprentices and the win was as comfortable as it sounds - well-deserved.

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:50 am

Leamore Saddler wrote:It was 4-1, actually, Cyclo! I don't think that your in-laws could have being paying attention! :D The Saddlers team was mostly 2nd-Year apprentices and the win was as comfortable as it sounds - well-deserved.

They left early - some bloke behind them was moaning about Mark Wright all of the time :lol:

So - who scored?

Prospects for the future?

See you Saturday?

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:57 am

cyclothymic wrote:They left early - some bloke behind them was moaning about Mark Wright all of the time ::):

So - who scored?

See you Saturday?

Not guilty, m'lud!

(Harry Harris scored the first - a well-taken, instinctive reaction goal, right on the stroke of half-time. Don't know who scored the others. The Centre of Excellence coach, with whom I was chatting didn't know, either - and he used to coach them!)

See you at Burton!

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:09 am

Leamore Saddler wrote:
cyclothymic wrote:They left early - some bloke behind them was moaning about Mark Wright all of the time ::):

So - who scored?

See you Saturday?

Not guilty, m'lud!

(Harry Harris scored the first - a well-taken, instinctive reaction goal, right on the stroke of half-time. Don't know who scored the others. The Centre of Excellence coach, with whom I was chatting didn't know, either - and he used to coach them!)

See you at Burton!

Awful report. 3/10, must try harder. Concentrate, boy - potential won't get you anywhere in life.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Exile wrote:Awful report. 3/10, must try harder. Concentrate, boy - potential won't get you anywhere in life.

Yes, Sir. Sorry, Sir. Won't do it again, Sir.

Note to everyone:- Exile called me BOY! :shock:

Return to 2007-08 Season