Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

WBA (h) 15th July 2006

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Duke
Site Addict

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:38 am

In last seasons Blue away shirt that was me, I managed to shout Ropes
over to me we shook hands and he signed my shirt.
Above all else Neil what really impressed me was the whole team looked
organised and kept the shape. for me Dobson was man of the match.

Ageed about Kinsella i hope he starts a lot more this season, and like you Neil i can't see where Keates will fit in.

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:55 am

aldridge steve wrote:Image

Spotted Cheesebag all alone after the match - seems the guy in pink had run off with his new best mate Mick Kearns! :wink:

Would have said hello Cheesebag; but every time I moved towards your table a load of children crowded me out and gave me "stay away" looks - you have your own set of bodyguards ????

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:02 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Stu wrote:There is a hint of Christina Ronaldo in that picture of Gay Daz up there...

Maybe it was that, not the vile pink shirt, that tempted me to thump him for no apparent reason this afternoon. Pointless violence, what fun. Where's the cat gone...

Daz, you told me you were modelling the new third strip, a la Juve!

Mind you, Mike Parry said on Talk cack this morning that he can't sleep at the moment because of the heat and has to have a metal fan in the bedroom with him. Is there something you haven't told us?

I was in smart & stylish cream linen trousers and a white cheesecloth shirt, with a pair of shades to protect my gently eyes... Daz knows nothing about style, as our photo evidence proves. ;)

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:10 am

:wink: :lol:

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:11 am

Stu wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Stu wrote:There is a hint of Christina Ronaldo in that picture of Gay Daz up there...

Maybe it was that, not the vile pink shirt, that tempted me to thump him for no apparent reason this afternoon. Pointless violence, what fun. Where's the cat gone...

Mind you, Mike Parry said on Talk cack this morning that he can't sleep at the moment because of the heat and has to have a metal fan in the bedroom with him. Is there something you haven't told us?

I was in smart & stylish cream linen trousers and a white cheesecloth shirt, with a pair of shades to protect my gently eyes... Daz knows nothing about style, as our photo evidence proves. ;)

Stu - that is exactly what I was wearing at the match yesterday!

North Staffs Saddler
UTS Regular

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:27 pm

cyclothymic wrote:
Stu wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

And very fetching you looked too, made me feel quite dowdy :lol: :lol:

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:29 pm

North Staffs Saddler wrote:
cyclothymic wrote:
Stu wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Thanks NSS - and now I know who you are too :wink: :D

Unfortunately the dirty seats in TXT0w7608276982Health stand played havoc with my linen trowsers :cry:

North Staffs Saddler
UTS Regular

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:45 pm

cyclothymic wrote:
cyclothymic wrote:
Stu wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Unfortunately the dirty seats in TXT0w7608276982Health stand played havoc with my linen trowsers :cry:

You can complain to Mr Wally, as I did about the dirty lavatories, you will probably get the same answer. No money for cleaning, more urgent priorities(unspecified)

North Staffs Saddler
UTS Regular

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:46 pm

cyclothymic wrote:
cyclothymic wrote:
Stu wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

You can complain to Mr Wally, as I did about the dirty lavatories, you will probably get the same answer. No money for cleaning, more urgent priorities(unspecified)

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:51 pm

Dirty seats is annoying :twisted:

but

Dirty toilets are a health risk - we don't want Walsall to be the Cholera Mary of League 2 :shock:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:37 pm

Even a few people where screaming "Charlie" at Metfan yesteday . Who was that i wonder ????

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:21 pm

I was quite impressed with us yesterday. All players looked fitter, even Ropes looked slim...slim-ish. :)

Ince was steady. His kicks are huge one went right out of play for a goal kick to them! Still had a couple of moments which reminded me why I branded him a clown when his signing was announced such as rushing out of his box for no apparent reason. I think we'll see plenty more of these incidents but he was brave on a few occasions.

I think we looked strong at the back, Ropers was towering and Gerrard looked like the player we first had on loan. Fox looks fit again. I think Westwood was the weak link at right back. I'm not just saying that as I think he'll be much better this season but he lost possession a few times dallying with the ball.

We kept the ball wel in midfieldl. Dobson did the simple things that we've been missing and worked well alongside Kinsella. I was impressed with Bedeau. He's very strong on the ball and got into a few good positions. Wright played well but again his crossing should have been better but they were with his left foot on the wrong side.

Butler. Perhaps I'm being harsh but I didn't think he played as well as some suggest above. I thought at times he could have done a lot better with build up play but as long as he takes goals as well as he did this season I couldn't give a stuff.

Sam was excellent but like Steve I was infuriated by his hesitation in finishing. He could have had two easily before he scored. He got himself into some excellent positions with his own skills but was clean through and waited too long for defenders to catch up instead of striking early.

All in all very encouraging though.

Oh and just for the record :lol:

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:26 pm

:lol:

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:40 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:I was quite impressed with us yesterday. All players looked fitter, even Ropes looked slim...slim-ish. :)

Ince was steady. His kicks are huge one went right out of play for a goal kick to them! Still had a couple of moments which reminded me why I branded him a clown when his signing was announced such as rushing out of his box for no apparent reason. I think we'll see plenty more of these incidents but he was brave on a few occasions.

I think we looked strong at the back, Ropers was towering and Gerrard looked like the player we first had on loan. Fox looks fit again. I think Westwood was the weak link at right back. I'm not just saying that as I think he'll be much better this season but he lost possession a few times dallying with the ball.

We kept the ball wel in midfieldl. Dobson did the simple things that we've been missing and worked well alongside Kinsella. I was impressed with Bedeau. He's very strong on the ball and got into a few good positions. Wright played well but again his crossing should have been better but they were with his left foot on the wrong side.

Butler. Perhaps I'm being harsh but I didn't think he played as well as some suggest above. I thought at times he could have done a lot better with build up play but as long as he takes goals as well as he did this season I couldn't give a stuff.

Sam was excellent but like Steve I was infuriated by his hesitation in finishing. He could have had two easily before he scored. He got himself into some excellent positions with his own skills but was clean through and waited too long for defenders to catch up instead of striking early.

All in all very encouraging though.

Oh and just for the record :lol:

Glad you got that on record too! :lol: :lol:

I suspect Daz is regretting putting the picture up - good job he is a great sport :lol:

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:12 pm

Yes, He is GAYme for a laugh

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:15 pm

Bet he cannot wait to we play Shrewsbury at GAY Meadow

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:49 pm

cheesebag wrote:Yes, He is GAYme for a laugh

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:58 pm

Not a pun thread aGAYn!!!!

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:01 pm

Here's something you might be interested in MetFan:

http://www.manchesterpride.com/qna_cat.asp?catid=7

Shame Rochdale isn't a couple of weeks later ...

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:21 pm

cyclothymic wrote:Not a pun thread aGAYn!!!!

Shouldn't it be "not a pun thread aYGAn!!!!"?

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:27 pm

Exile wrote:

Well - as site admin if you want aYGAn we will do that :wink:

As an aside - 10% of UTS users are gay

(just to point out - i'm married with a couple of children)

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:23 pm

cyclothymic wrote:
Exile wrote:

Me too !

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:31 am

geoffwhiting wrote:
cyclothymic wrote:
Exile wrote:

Me too !

Me three!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:07 am

Me four

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:11 am

Me twelvety...

Howard

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:24 am

I am not married

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:56 am

But are you civil-partnershipped ? :D

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:11 am

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:12 am

Right just to defend myself. my girlfriend Roxi :

I cannot believe how in posting one picture defending my choice of shirt, i get a thread about the albion game turn into national mock metfan day! :lol: So B(*&^(*^*(^ to you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(note: no slanting)

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:15 am

The national cock metfan day is more apt.

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season